Bonnaroooo Livestream

Started by BigHerm, Jun 09, 2011, 09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALady

Quote from: jordan on Jun 13, 2011, 10:57 PM
The Buffalo Springfield show was the absolute worst as far as sound goes.  Biggest disappointment of the weekend.  Sad that this was likely the last ever show for these guys together and nobody could fully enjoy it besides the few really up close. 

But they've announced a fall tour   ???
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

bhyman

New forum member and first post. I was at the show Friday night and was completely enthralled by MMJ's set. The sound (after it was fixed during Victory Dance) was stellar and the crowd totally went crazy the entire time. I don't know if the livestream was good or bad, but the live performance was astounding.

That being said, I think I was the ideal target audience the band was trying to reach. You see, I've been to 5 Roo's (2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, and 2011) but have yet to see MMJ perform live. I guess I had a conflict in 2006 and was not familiar with them. I love all kinds of music, but MMJ's albums never really made it to my regular listening queue. I cannot explain why, they just were not doing it for me. I've never sought them out during their tours either... and I am kicking myself now for waiting so long.

After the festival I went back to my ipod catalog and I truly appreciate their studio work 1000 times more than before. That show opened up a locked door for me somehow and I am a changed man. This has only happened to me once before with Radiohead, which is pretty good company to be in. I just ordered tickets to see them at Verizon Amphitheater in Atlanta in August. They are my new favorite band.

Sassbox

Twas a very good set. The setlist left (for me) a little to be desired, but I thoroughly enjoyed the pit experience (woo!). Well, except for the acid-eating-fedora-sporting-leg-humping freak standing next to me. What the?!?

Sound was off everywhere, including the first song of the set. But when that speaker was adjusted...WHOA! Every hair on my body stood up.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

grizzy

Quote from: bhyman on Jun 15, 2011, 01:32 PM
New forum member and first post. I was at the show Friday night and was completely enthralled by MMJ's set. The sound (after it was fixed during Victory Dance) was stellar and the crowd totally went crazy the entire time. I don't know if the livestream was good or bad, but the live performance was astounding.

That being said, I think I was the ideal target audience the band was trying to reach. You see, I've been to 5 Roo's (2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, and 2011) but have yet to see MMJ perform live. I guess I had a conflict in 2006 and was not familiar with them. I love all kinds of music, but MMJ's albums never really made it to my regular listening queue. I cannot explain why, they just were not doing it for me. I've never sought them out during their tours either... and I am kicking myself now for waiting so long.

After the festival I went back to my ipod catalog and I truly appreciate their studio work 1000 times more than before. That show opened up a locked door for me somehow and I am a changed man. This has only happened to me once before with Radiohead, which is pretty good company to be in. I just ordered tickets to see them at Verizon Amphitheater in Atlanta in August. They are my new favorite band.

Awesome...your mission now is to get the live DVD Okonokos. If you haven't seen it prepare to be blown!

iLikeBeer

Quote from: bhyman on Jun 15, 2011, 01:32 PM

Great effing story!  Welcome aboard and as the old saying goes, better late than never!

I keep telling my friends that aren't totally into this band or who won't give them a chance to just go and see them live and they will forever be changed in their opinions on this band. 

kydiddle

Quote from: vespachick on Jun 13, 2011, 03:50 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Jun 10, 2011, 05:56 PM
Quote from: capt. scotty on Jun 10, 2011, 05:49 PM
Quote from: kydiddle on Jun 10, 2011, 12:47 PM
This is one of my favorite recipes, Vespa. Hope you find it as yummy. Also, I play around with how much sugar I put in and usually add extra fruit like raspberries and sometimes a little bit of pineapple juice.

•1 Bottle of white wine
•1/2 cup Peach Schnapps
•1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar
•2 sliced peaches (can be frozen)
•1 sliced orange
•1/2 mango peeled and sliced
•1/2 liter of ginger ale

I dont drink sangria (although this sounds tasty), but I really gotta ask, how does one correctly slice a mango?! I love mangoes, but I havent figured out how the hell to cut it up. Ive just resorted to peeling them and eating it like an apple because its a pain in the ass to try and cut the fruit off the irregularly shaped awkward ass core they have. I have hope you have a solution to my mango troubles.

.......also good news the stream is lookin pret-tay, pret-tay, pretty good now  :bath:

The best way is to leave it peeled, cut it in half and cut away all the hard parts that you don't want to eat. Then holding a half in the palm of your hand, cut the fruit into squares without cutting through the peel. Then push the skin so the fruit is inside-out and cut the squares away.

Oh yeah, the stream, WOOOO!

Thanks for this recipe Ky!  I made it (x6) at our BBQ this weekend and it was a huge success.  I didn't add any sugar at all because it was soo sweet to me already,  nd I also included some grapefruit and a bit of apple.  Yummmmmmmmmy!    :thumbsup: :beer:

Oh I'm so glad it worked out and you enjoyed it!  :beer:
Cow temperature.

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

GO4IT

I was wondering how big the Roo crowd was and saw this today in a Spin article... "...in an effort to make their prime 8-10 PM sunset slot, in front of at least 50,000 fans, seem as vital and boundary-blurring as ever.
http://www.spin.com/articles/my-morning-jacket-deliver-brilliant-bonnaroo-set
If that's the case, I suppose that's their biggest crowd ever.

And, BTW, good timing on the mango recipe.  I have a few ripe ones ready to go for Fri night!

Penny Lane

Quote from: GO4IT on Jun 16, 2011, 09:40 PM
I was wondering how big the Roo crowd was and saw this today in a Spin article... "...in an effort to make their prime 8-10 PM sunset slot, in front of at least 50,000 fans, seem as vital and boundary-blurring as ever.
http://www.spin.com/articles/my-morning-jacket-deliver-brilliant-bonnaroo-set
If that's the case, I suppose that's their biggest crowd ever.

And, BTW, good timing on the mango recipe.  I have a few ripe ones ready to go for Fri night!

this

rising and falling repeatedly as if James is trying to teach us an essential lesson. He is: music is worth obsessing over.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

kydiddle

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jun 16, 2011, 05:17 PM
Mangoes are delicious

This is a half mango/half bonnaroo thread. Mango-rooooooooo
Cow temperature.

Goose24

Nice article! loved this part: " My Morning Jacket's Jim James is a shaggy, cherubic music geek, who works to make sure no paying customer ever finishes listening to an MMJ album or goes home from a concert feeling patronized"

Also I was eating lots of Mangoes at Roo... MANGOROOOOO