Anybody watching the live Phish...

Started by Sticky Icky Green Stuff, Jun 14, 2011, 07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Pay Per View Thing tonight and tomorrow?  impulsively bought the two days to watch, have it hooked up to my tv.  stream quality looks like its going to be off the chain.  hope phish keeps doing this, what an awesome idea.   25bucks for two nights is a little steep but shit, there's nothing on tv tonight, have some beers and herb chillin.  time to get phishy.  anybody else getting down tonight or tomorrow?

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

jones

I'd like to watch, but that's past my bedtime.  I've been impressed with the off-the-wall (read: original) setlists lately...

davymac

I have a bunch of friends going to that...If I would have seen this post earlier I might have gotten it.

ericm

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Jun 14, 2011, 07:43 PM
Pay Per View Thing tonight and tomorrow?  impulsively bought the two days to watch, have it hooked up to my tv.  stream quality looks like its going to be off the chain.  hope phish keeps doing this, what an awesome idea.   25bucks for two nights is a little steep but shit, there's nothing on tv tonight, have some beers and herb chillin.  time to get phishy.  anybody else getting down tonight or tomorrow?

We were there both nights, and that storm night 2 was insane!! We lucked out driving in and didn't get stuck outside during the storm before the show, but there was no getting away from the one that shut down the 1st set a bit early.

We were up front in the pit, and the look on Trey's face when the stagehands told them they had to leave the stage NOW is one I'll never forget.

We had hail, pelting rain, high winds, and shit was flying all over the place.I saw a couple trees ripped right out of the ground.One of the concession stands had a nice size limb land on the roof. One tree got hit by lightning pre show, and was still smoking when we walked in. :o Definitely thought there was a good chance the show would be canceled, but thankfully it wasn't.
It was a bit of a wierd show setlist wise,imo, but for those who stuck it out,it'll definitely be a show that will be talked about for a long time.

"Where's Jim going?"

br00ke

rawr .. i just wrote a long post and accidentally erased it

eric, glad you guys had fun and stayed safe. i watched both nights & i had friends there that were texting and sending me pix RE: the storm and it looked hairy! i hopped onto weather.com before the show and it looked NASTY.

for those of you that are big phish fans and don't already do this .... twitter has become quite a fun place during tour/shows. scott, who runs YEMblog, has a guest tweeter for each shows (one of my bestie's did PNC night 1) so that person is giving blow by blows / commentary / pictures as it's all going down. and then of course you can watch all that come in while listening to an (illegal) stream via hoodstream usually. if you got a boring sit around evening on your hands this is an entertaining way to watch the setlist roll in (and listen along as well). there are other folks that are tweeting RE: the show as well.

squirrel95 on hoodstream should be streaming the 2nd half of tonight's show (they did 1st half) ETA: yes he is, 2nd set starting now :) quality varies, tonight is not as great as some and the dude streaming it talks  ::)

ericm

br00ke - We had a blast again. The storm definitely got a bit hairy for a while there, but we rode it out. So glad we did, cause even though the 2nd set seemed a bit rushed, it was so great to  rock the pit with everyone who went through it with us. Everyone was just dancing their asses off,smiling, wooping it up, and psyched we even got a 2nd set.

Too many "moments" to post, but I'll give you a quick recap when I see you. ;)

I definitely have Alpharetta plans for next year's road trip.  :thumbsup:  The guys just seem to really bring it and enjoy the hell out of the venue. Everyone is so nice down there;  the hotels, phans, venue, that it's become one of my favorite places for a show. I'd love to go back for Jacket, but that doesn't look like it's in the cards right now.
"Where's Jim going?"

woodnymph

They're covering No Quarter right now..... and I called it last night during their "secret late night set"

Sounded like they were teasing it........
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time