EP in The Future...?

Started by Nicholas Yames, Jun 23, 2011, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicholas Yames

So I went back and was watching some interviews of the boys (Could have been Storytellers or maybe ACL back in '08? I can't remember at the moment) and they were discussing how they determine if a song they work on makes it onto an album. Of course, some songs they worked on while recording Circuital didn't make the cut (e.g. Friends Again). Now the boys haven't released an EP since way back in '02, and some of them have my favorite songs (e.g. Sooner, Cobra, Come Closer). This has got me thinking, will scrapped songs from Z, EU, and maybe even Circuital show up on an EP anytime soon? Your thoughts, kind people.
and if all else fails, i'll come running back, wonderin where you went
with my heart.

johnnYYac

Well, there's always the oft discussed Ch. 3 (insert title here): Early Recordings option. 

There are the Roll Call member perks, giving us access to B sides, etc. 

I think we're less likely to see an actual EP, based on nothing.   
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

subinai

i'd be happy with another live EP in the vein of the iTunes live at the Palms vegas thing.

joey_rogo

NY brings up a good point. for serious. where is/when will be our next 4 song packet of awesome????

come closer remains as my very favorite mmj 'slow song'. and it came on an ep.

bring it on guys, i know you have a pile of misfits back there.

headhunter

somehow mmj and misfits don't seem to go together.  there is good. there is great. there is mind-blowing. there is dondante.  there is steam engine. there is mmj. ain't no misfits in the attic. but bring on what there may be, i want to hear it all.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Coffeedog

I do like that song Come Closer.  I wonder what it's about too, it confuses me, I read the lyrics, but I might have a bad interpretation.

It's a pretty song though

Cheers / Pat

Quote from: joey_rogo on Jun 23, 2011, 09:43 PM
NY brings up a good point. for serious. where is/when will be our next 4 song packet of awesome????

come closer remains as my very favorite mmj 'slow song'. and it came on an ep.

bring it on guys, i know you have a pile of misfits back there.