Main Menu

incubus

Started by Eweezy, Jun 30, 2011, 06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eweezy

5 years has been to long to hear from one of my fav's.  Been looking forward to this new album about as much as I could not wait for "Circuital".  Amazing band, amazing vibes, and amazing tunes is what I get out of incubus.  Just wanted to see if anybody else shared this, too.
Yikes!

woodnymph

1. S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
2. Enjoy Incubus
3. Make Yourself
4. Fungus Amongus
5. Morning View

That's the order I seem to have going, for my favorites....

I did kind of fall off the boat after Morning View though...  They either need to make another SCIENCE.... or an entire album based off of "Aqueous Transmission"  :-X

I love these guys though, in the form they had in all these albums.....  :thumbsup:
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Ghosts_on_TV

They lost me after Morning View, but I love that and everything before it.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

br00ke

ahhhhhhhh i totally forgot about this band. hello ipod, we have some fixing to do ....

Eweezy

That does seem to be the biggest gripe with some fans of Incubus, that they want another S.C.I.E.N.C.E album, news flash ya'll it is not happening.  I look at it like I was in my late teens when that album came out and like them I have grown older and have transitioned with them into this more lush sounding group.  It's cool if you like their older stuff it was amazing but I just really appreciate the direction that band has gone, and they don't use that heavy slap bass anymore either since Ben Kenney from The Roots joined them on A Crow left of the Murder, which is my favorite of theirs.
Yikes!

subinai

they are doing a live on letterman on july 11th. might show up after work and see if i can snag a ticket.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: Eweezy on Jul 01, 2011, 12:09 PM
That does seem to be the biggest gripe with some fans of Incubus, that they want another S.C.I.E.N.C.E album, news flash ya'll it is not happening.  I look at it like I was in my late teens when that album came out and like them I have grown older and have transitioned with them into this more lush sounding group.  It's cool if you like their older stuff it was amazing but I just really appreciate the direction that band has gone, and they don't use that heavy slap bass anymore either since Ben Kenney from The Roots joined them on A Crow left of the Murder, which is my favorite of theirs.

I'm not looking for that, I just think they got pretty boring after Morning View. I havent heard the new one yet though.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

woodnymph

Yeah man I was just throwing out two pretty obviously unreal scenarios.... they're never going to make an entire album that sounds like Aqueous Transmission.... nor another SCIENCE, of course.  I feel like Ghosts does, they just quit grabbing my attention after A.M. View.  Brandon grow your dreads back already will you  :-X

I'm glad you started the thread though!  They're definitely a noteworthy group.  And it interests me to hear what people say who still follow them pretty strong, I've still got a super soft spot in my heart for these guys! I bought my first hemp necklace with a gorgeous quartz crystal in it with my ex at an Incubus show in Pittsburgh in 2000 or 2001. .  8) They've been a huge inspiration, and I feel like I take some of the messages in SCIENCE to an extreme (let's throw "Idiot Box" out there, it was one of the key triggers that pulled me out of tv world) And holy shit Anti-Gravity.... just sayin SCIENCE was one of the first albums I listened to when I first tried the herb... I've got every major or minor lyric memorized by heart... I even recorded the backwards piece at the end of Azwethinkweiz on my old-ass Gateway computer in like 9th grade, with the little microphone that plugs into the green socket on the computer tower.... and played it in reverse and found out that it says "Thursday night we smoked Indica, and Azwethinkweizm was BORN!" Hahahahahah so maybe too much details there... (but there's definitely more where that came from!  :P)  I don't mean to cut on 'em, I just dug their messages and vibe a bit more in the earlier stages....  8)  And I like the artwork Brandon does.

Eweezy

Quote from: woodnymph on Jul 01, 2011, 09:42 PM

Yeah man I was just throwing out two pretty obviously unreal scenarios.... they're never going to make an entire album that sounds like Aqueous Transmission.... nor another SCIENCE, of course.  I feel like Ghosts does, they just quit grabbing my attention after A.M. View.  Brandon grow your dreads back already will you  :-X

I'm glad you started the thread though!  They're definitely a noteworthy group.  And it interests me to hear what people say who still follow them pretty strong, I've still got a super soft spot in my heart for these guys! I bought my first hemp necklace with a gorgeous quartz crystal in it with my ex at an Incubus show in Pittsburgh in 2000 or 2001. .  8) They've been a huge inspiration, and I feel like I take some of the messages in SCIENCE to an extreme (let's throw "Idiot Box" out there, it was one of the key triggers that pulled me out of tv world) And holy shit Anti-Gravity.... just sayin SCIENCE was one of the first albums I listened to when I first tried the herb... I've got every major or minor lyric memorized by heart... I even recorded the backwards piece at the end of Azwethinkweiz on my old-ass Gateway computer in like 9th grade, with the little microphone that plugs into the green socket on the computer tower.... and played it in reverse and found out that it says "Thursday night we smoked Indica, and Azwethinkweizm was BORN!" Hahahahahah so maybe too much details there... (but there's definitely more where that came from!  :P)  I don't mean to cut on 'em, I just dug their messages and vibe a bit more in the earlier stages....  8)  And I like the artwork Brandon does.

That Azwethinkweiz thing is killer, I think it is so cool that you found out what it said, I always wondered and thanks to you I know.  I have been a fan since S.C.I.E.N.C.E. and funny that it 2 was also one of the 1st albums I had listened to while high.  I guess I just stuck with them this whole time, I mean Incubus, 311, and Weezer are probably the only bands I still listen to hardcore from the mid-late 90's.  Cool ass story woodnymph, keep'em coming.
Yikes!

capt. scotty

Chalk me up for someone who got off the train after Morning View as well, though moreso because my musical tastes changed than liking Incubus did. I actually hear ACLOTMurder and Light Grenades are pretty solid, but the new one is pretty bad and very soft.

Woody - why Enjoy Incubus #2 but Fungus #4??? If I remember correctly, Enjoy Incubus is just half the songs from Fungus
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Eweezy

I respect everybody's opinion or taste of the group, and do not get me wrong I am not some incubus fan club president or anything but as I see it, bands mature, and it's up to fans to either take that journey with them or not, simple as that.
Yikes!

woodnymph

Thank ya Weezy!  Glad to help a fellow fan figure out the backwards mystery!  8)

Hey Capt, it's a tough call for me with Fungus and Enjoy, but each time I listen to Fungus, I always seem to want to hear the versions of  the songs as they are on Enjoy Incubus........ but there are definitely solid jams on Fungus, maybe I should place them in a tie.

capt. scotty

Quote from: woodnymph on Jul 08, 2011, 06:54 PM
Hey Capt, it's a tough call for me with Fungus and Enjoy, but each time I listen to Fungus, I always seem to want to hear the versions of  the songs as they are on Enjoy Incubus........ but there are definitely solid jams on Fungus, maybe I should place them in a tie.

I never noticed a difference  ::)

Honestly, Fungus might be my favorite album of theirs. Either that or Make Yourself. I started listening to them around when MY came out, so I dont know if it had less of an impact or what comparing it to SCIENCE, I like that album, but MY strikes me as a better album, more cohesive album now.

Hilikus!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

woodnymph

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jul 08, 2011, 09:29 PM
Quote from: woodnymph on Jul 08, 2011, 06:54 PM

I never noticed a difference  ::)

Honestly, Fungus might be my favorite album of theirs. Either that or Make Yourself. I started listening to them around when MY came out, so I dont know if it had less of an impact or what comparing it to SCIENCE, I like that album, but MY strikes me as a better album, more cohesive album now.

Hilikus!

Oh man, never noticed the difference?!?  If ever you find the urge, queue up the songs off Fungus that are the same as Enjoy Incubus, and give them a quick back-to-back spin.... different right from the get-go of each track!!

Make Yourself is exceptionally solid.

Eweezy

I know I am the minority here but I do really like the new incubus album.  @ first I was like where are all the guitars and the wall of sound, but I do like the way they are playing in space this time around(not literally).  Promises, Promises, Thieves, Isadore, In the Company of Wolves are for me the standout tracks.  Even though it is alot slower you can still here the incubus riffs(even though they are softer riffs, now) and the choruses are there, too.  Like I said I know I am probably the minority here who likes it but, just wanted to see if anybody else has listened to it and what their thoughts were.
Yikes!