Main Menu

The Big D

Started by WSS2, Jul 04, 2011, 11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WSS2

When's the last time MMJ played here? long time right?

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

johnnYYac

I didn't know they were supporters.

Seriously, The Big D... Dallas?  Delaware?  Detroit?  Darfur?  Sorry, not familiar.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

WSS2

knew about archive - was intended to be more complainy...in-laws are in Dallas and really hoping I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone (i.e. hoping MMJ shows Dallas some love soon)

That said - I'm in NYC and am just hoping for something up here soon

Digressing - Wakarusa recording quality is amazing

WSS2

Big D is definitely Dallas...

johnnYYac

Wasn't trying to be snarky, just not familiar with "the big D" meaning anything.  I appreciate your interest.  My wife's folks are from Plainfield, IL, about an hour from Chicago.  We're planning our visit to coincide with MMJ @ Lollapalooza.  If we're gonna spend the $$$ flying the five of us out there, I figure squeezing in a Jacket show is reasonable.  Also, we're talking my wife's brother, who is diabled and doesn't get out much, so everyone is happy and its not just me being selfish.

Oh, and last time in Dallas was 8-23-2008. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

WSS2

that's awesome

No - definitely did not get any snarkiness at all.  Just a minor chest-thumping for Dallas in last post.  You would think they'd swing through there more, really fun city.

blucas

...based on the title, i thought this was gonna be another thread about the awesome-ness of Dondante at Santa Barbara Bowl   ???

I feel your pain though WSS2...I've had to travel the last couple of outings to see MMJ.
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

Jackets N Pones

I miss Dallas' Gypsy Tea Room. Hoping for a Palladium Ballroom date this Fall! WSS2, I would plan on a trip around their Sept. 17 date at ACL in Austin! I am sure they will make a stop in the Big D before or after.
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

detroit is dtown.  or "The D". as per the follow song:

It's So Cold in the D

WSS2

That video is amazing

Crispy

Quote from: blucas on Jul 04, 2011, 02:52 PM

I feel your pain though WSS2...I've had to travel the last couple of outings to see MMJ.

::) ::) ::)

Yes, please, Dallas. I don't miss the Gypsy so much, but for sentimental reasons I do.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

My Monkey Friend

i bet they come through around the acl date, mid september. i dont think they pass dallas over this time, it was odd they did last year considering they never leave us out.

midwesterner

If they play Dallas it will most likey be the week of ACL.

scosby2

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Jul 04, 2011, 11:30 PM

It's So Cold in the D
best post ever...hands down

Crispy

Quote from: scosby2 on Jul 05, 2011, 10:51 AM

It's So Cold in the D
Great, I now have this stuck in my brain: "How the puck do we post to keep peace"
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

bicyclejoe

Quote from: WSS2 on Jul 04, 2011, 01:23 PM
knew about archive - was intended to be more complainy...in-laws are in Dallas and really hoping I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone (i.e. hoping MMJ shows Dallas some love soon)

That said - I'm in NYC and am just hoping for something up here soon

Digressing - Wakarusa recording quality is amazing

I thought you were talking about Denver.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Crispy on Jul 05, 2011, 11:10 AM
Quote from: scosby2 on Jul 05, 2011, 10:51 AM

It's So Cold in the D
Great, I now have this stuck in my brain: "How the puck do we post to keep peace"

Pretty amazing how that gets stuck in your head so quickly!

You know, if that group got someone to prodcue them, write them a different song and have someone else perform it, they might have a shot at fame.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

WSS2

I think this should move to the top of MMJ most desired covers list

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...