MMJ - Guerrilla Jukebox tactics

Started by vwxg14a, May 05, 2010, 05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vwxg14a

Every time I am in a bar and I see one of those super search Jukeboxes,  I pull out a 5 - 10 dollar bill and select as many MMJ songs as possible.  

I have been doing this for years, and last night, while playing darts, I popped in my fiver and lo and behold, my dart playing improved to unheard levels.  

Anyways, I propose as jukebox jacketeers, we control every jukebox we encounter and make the uninitiated into fans.  

Bluto: We're just the guys to do it.
D-Day: Let's do it.
Bluto: *Let's do it*!

Pops, Langerado, Lollapalooza, RCMH, Miami Beach, MSG, St Aug, T5.

BH

The best is when they have Cobra.  I really feel like I'm getting my dollars worth.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

jmk

This is a great idea. I'm going to start doing this.

Erik26

I've never seen MMJ in a jukebox. Rest a sure, if and when I do I will hi-jack the jukebox.
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

TGMC421

QuoteThe best is when they have Cobra.  I really feel like I'm getting my dollars worth.

Yes!  The pool hall I used to go to was the only jukebox I've seen this on and I played the hell out of that sucker!

FiddleCastro

I've only ever seen I'm Amazed in a Jukebox =(
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

capt. scotty

Those digital ones usually have at least Evil Urges...on those, I think you can pay an extra dollar for any song/album you want though
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

FiddleCastro

QuoteThose digital ones usually have at least Evil Urges...on those, I think you can pay an extra dollar for any song/album you want though

The ones at the poo lhall and bar i kinda-frequent only has I'm Amazed, i gotta find one of your advanced extra dollar things to play Cobra and Pink Floyd's Echoes.... and maybe Hamster Dance.... Definitely Hamster Dance.

Crispy

QuoteThe best is when they have Cobra.  I really feel like I'm getting my dollars worth.

I used to frequent a bar that had Eat a Peach on the jukebox, and I would play Mountain Jam every time I went in, often multiple times. I don't think the bartenders appreciated it as much as I did. ;D

I have yet to find a jukebox with much more than I'm Amazed and Evil Urges on it.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

FiddleCastro

There's a mall that lets you play music videos for free near me... I forgot it had Off The Record!

Penny Lane

I am guilty of this...I've had bartenders unplug the jukebox and put on their ipods and give me money BACK. "sorry, no one knows your music and you can't dance to it." ...i keep getting back on that horse, though..

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

wakebord

Salty Dog in Gainesville, FL - digital jukebox has everything.  I've popped in 5 bucks and gotten almost an hour and a half of continuous Jacket, which included Cobra  :)

FiddleCastro

QuoteI am guilty of this...I've had bartenders unplug the jukebox and put on their ipods and give me money BACK. "sorry, no one knows your music and you can't dance to it." ...i keep getting back on that horse, though..

Plan:
1. Round up jacket fans
2. Jacketify Bar Jukebox
3. DANCE!
4. Confused bartender.
5. Leave

... The ultimate in guerilla jukebox tactics...

Almost like drive-by moshing...
;D

theonlyone

okonokos - dondante & dancefloors last night at my sunday night blue plate special joint in dallas - Cock and Bull

they had 69 songs but no cobra...

good eatin and drinkin music...last night was beef burgundy!

Soulshine

QuoteI am guilty of this...I've had bartenders unplug the jukebox and put on their ipods and give me money BACK. "sorry, no one knows your music and you can't dance to it." ...i keep getting back on that horse, though..

Plan:
1. Round up jacket fans
2. Jacketify Bar Jukebox
3. DANCE!
4. Confused bartender.
5. Leave

... The ultimate in guerilla jukebox tactics...

Almost like drive-by moshing...
;D

Now now FC, you can't spoil them TOO much! I've taken over the jukebox anytime I see the Jacket and every. single. time. someone has come up to me and asked who it is. Word.  8-)
Because we're all in this together...

vwxg14a

Too bad there isn't any Karaoke MMJ out there.  I would definitely be terrorizing the bars each night with that too.
Pops, Langerado, Lollapalooza, RCMH, Miami Beach, MSG, St Aug, T5.

FiddleCastro

QuoteToo bad there isn't any Karaoke MMJ out there.  I would definitely be terrorizing the bars each night with that too.

MMJ Karaoke would be excellent...

Guitar Hero One Big Holiday = Me Rockin like never before.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxGmAsyvjsY&feature=related[/media]