I Miss Jim's Long Hair

Started by trish_dooley, May 06, 2010, 10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iLikeBeer

Here's Phone Went West from a show in Austin in '03 where they're rockin' the 'Cousin It' look:

My Morning Jacket - Phone Went West (6/3/03)

Ghosts_on_TV

anyway, i'm not really fond of guys w/ long hair or facial hair but there's just something about jim.  he's super dreamy.  whatever "look" he's sporting - he always looks good  ;)

I dont think Ive heard this since the last time I watched The Brady Bunch  ;D

And after watching that Field Day clip or any other old school clip, how can yinz all NOT want the long hair to be back in bizness?!

Can you enlighten me on the word "Yinz"? I get what it means, but do you actually say "Yinz"? Is it a Western PA thing?
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ynwa

anyway, i'm not really fond of guys w/ long hair or facial hair but there's just something about jim.  he's super dreamy.  whatever "look" he's sporting - he always looks good  ;)

And after watching that Field Day clip or any other old school clip, how can yinz all NOT want the long hair to be back in bizness?!

DREAMY indeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

capt: i grew up watching the bradys!  saying someone is "super dreamy" is swell, you should try it sometime...  also, if jim ever kisses my cheek, i will follow marcia brady's lead & never wash that cheek again  ;D

tdb: yessireee!  we had this convo @ mpp  ;)
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

ynwa

Can you enlighten me on the word "Yinz"? I get what it means, but do you actually say "Yinz"? Is it a Western PA thing?

i'm not sure if it's ONLY a western PA thing, but i have family out that way & they do say "yinz", all the time.

iLikeBeer

i'm not sure if it's ONLY a western PA thing, but i have family out that way & they do say "yinz", all the time.

I went to college in western PA and it sure seemed like a western PA thing to me.  I've never heard any other region of the US talk like they do in western PA!  :D  My favorite is, "Yinz gonn donn tonn to watch the Stillers?"   Translation:  "Are you all going down down town to watch the Steelers?"   ;D

ynwa

I went to college in western PA and it sure seemed like a western PA thing to me.  I've never heard any other region of the US talk like they do in western PA!  :D  My favorite is, "Yinz gonn donn tonn to watch the Stillers?"   Translation:  "Are you all going down down town to watch the Steelers?"   ;D

;D  yup, too funny!  they sure do have some excellent verbal quirks

capt. scotty

Yes. Yinz is an essential word of the Pittsburghese language (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh_English)....I think it can be heard a little wider than western PA (into central PA, WVa, eastern Ohio, etc), but its definitely rooted in Pittsburgh.

Im not such an old school yinzer where I actually say "yinz" without intentionally saying it for comedic purposes, but some people do. My grandma says yinz with such a frequency you'd expect to see it in Webster's
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ghosts_on_TV

Yeah I'm in Northeast PA, where "heyna" is used pretty frequently. It means like, "know what I'm saying?". Haha, it's pretty old school, the youngins don't really use it that often. I don't. We don't have yinz though.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...