Cameron Crowe gives props to MMJ

Started by Seeker, Aug 05, 2011, 07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seeker

I am a pretty intense PJ fan and besides going to PJ20. I look forward to Cameron Crowe's documentary about Pearl Jam. Crowe brought up MMJ at a press conference the other day:

What 20th anniversary film might he be doing in 2030 of a new band? "I love My Morning Jacket," says Crowe, who featured their songs in "Elizabethtown." Says their concerts are "as emotional as a Pearl Jam show." The business is different today, which makes it harder for a rock band to be in the spotlight, "but there is great music happening all the time."

Find the whole coverage here:
http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/press-tour-pbs-pearl-jam-twenty-live-blog

ellisintransit

Gracias...I love reading stuff like this.  When Elizabethtown came out in '05 they had a premiere in Nashville and Mr. Crowe and his (perpetually HOT) ex-wife Nancy Wilson did an autograph signing at Grimey's.  I was kind of starstruck but had enough nerve to ask him what made him choose My Morning Jacket to be in the film, but I can't remember his answer because I was so freaked about being in front of someone whose career has had such an impact on my love of rock and roll.  Ha.  Pretty sure he said he had seen them a couple of years before and had them in mind from that point.  The man is a rock and roll genius.

La barba de Castro

I cant remember where I read it, but apparently Crowe, who often plays music on set while filming, was regularly playing The Tennessee Fire during the Vanilla Sky shoot.

APR

It's great to read him give props to MMJ.  Cameron Crowe is awesome.  Almost Famous is one of my favorite movies of all time.  I am a huge PJ fan and will be at PJ20 as well.   I can't wait for the movie.   The trailer is incredible (you can see it at www.pj20.com).  Cameron liked my friend's tiny band years ago and my friend got to meet him in his office in LA.  Apparently he is really cool.

One more thing....  ellisintransit:  HUM has some shows planned for the fall.

Cameron

YungYave

his arms were thin, and off into the night they ran

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ManNamedTruth

2030 is too long to wait, who even knows if MMJ will be around that long? I think the time is right about now for a documentary.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ellisintransit

Quote from: APR on Aug 06, 2011, 08:57 PM
It's great to read him give props to MMJ.  Cameron Crowe is awesome.  Almost Famous is one of my favorite movies of all time.  I am a huge PJ fan and will be at PJ20 as well.   I can't wait for the movie.   The trailer is incredible (you can see it at www.pj20.com).  Cameron liked my friend's tiny band years ago and my friend got to meet him in his office in LA.  Apparently he is really cool.

One more thing....  ellisintransit:  HUM has some shows planned for the fall.
I WISH I COULD GO!  I've been privileged to see a couple of the other reunion shows but I can't afford it this year.  It does feel good to know they get back together every few years to throw us all a bone though!