MMJ in RollingStone May 12 Issue

Started by Erik26, May 03, 2010, 09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erik26

RollingStone.com had this to say-
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/davidfricke/;kw=[blogs,DavidFricke_April2010,138614,53849]

Really cool article. Makes me wish that I could have made Jazz fest for sure. Looking forward to seeing the boys back in the pages of the rolling stone.
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

SaraBananaBear

Thanks for sharing! And this sounds good: "Check out Rolling Stone's On the Road feature with My Morning Jacket in the next issue, on sale May 12th"
:)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Janet

iLikeBeer

QuoteDeeply badass.

Very well said!  Damn would that have been nice to be there for that!  If only my kids' spring break were a month later!  My wife and kids were just down in that neck of the woods last month to visit some of our friends that teach at LSU.

CC

QuoteThanks for sharing! And this sounds good: "Check out Rolling Stone's On the Road feature with My Morning Jacket in the next issue, on sale May 12th"

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/46820488.html

megalicious

QuoteThanks for sharing! And this sounds good: "Check out Rolling Stone's On the Road feature with My Morning Jacket in the next issue, on sale May 12th"

i love everything about this
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

SaraBananaBear

Thank you so much!

Erik26

The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

ALady

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

EasyRyder

If you haven't yet, give the holiday video a listen...even though they played a brief set, it was back-breaking with energy. I was really surprised by the crowd input! And I think the band was too...
One thing I really noticed was how much Carl was into it. I just wish we had a recording of the show!!

Otherwise awesomely accurate article...what a great read!
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

Love Dogg

As the story goes, James was sleeping in his hotel the night before his recording session at the Hall when he fell into a vivid dream. He was 12 years old and living in an orphanage, where he befriended another orphan, a young girl - who eventually disappeared. One day, dream James heard her voice coming up through floorboards in the basement. "I put my mouth up to a hole in the floor to yell down to her, and she put her mouth against my mouth and breathed her spirit into me. I was, like, sucking her ghost into me." The next morning, James arrived at Preservation Hall, where he was given a decades-old-bullhorn - once used by early group vocalist Sweet Emma Barrett - to sing through. When he put his mouth on it, his dream suddenly came back to him. "It was almost as if [the ghost] wanted me to carry her for a little while and blow her back out into Preservation Hall," James says. "That's the kind of shit that can only happen in New Orleans."

Gives me chills all over...and all in me!
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

Ghosts_on_TV

that is more than amazing. I love this band.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Penny Lane

did anyone notice Sassbox in the picture w/MMJ!!!

the only girl in the pic whose face you can see...

that article is soooooo good.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

johnnYYac

Quotedid anyone notice Sassbox in the picture w/MMJ!!!

the only girl in the pic whose face you can see...

that article is soooooo good.

Yes, noticed the picture, great article.  Lucky girl!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

trippin from shroomin

I have chills right now, listening to the Way That he Sings at the PJH.  So pure. UNREAL!

Grandpaboy

> "Frontman Jim James has been sitting quietly up front next to his girlfriend ....." > !!!!
What?! A GIRLFRIEND! Well this is just a catastrophe! We all know that the only reason why any dude ever sat down with guitar in hand and wrote a song was because he wanted to impress the ladies! And if even Jim now has a goddamn girlfriend, that means we will get nothing but suburban mediocrity from the band in the future! It's better to keep the boys pining for women than to have them actually make it with the girls. Look at Rod Stewart for chrissakes!
Dear Jim, I'm sorry, but your happiness is our misfortune, so please send this little damsel on her way.
Thank you ~ Gramps.  

The Great Owl

i know whatcha mean, Gramps. Maybe the reporter got a little fever brained from the humid air, whiskey and ghost stories and assumed the lady in the bus was real--or maybe he mistook her for another band mate's woman--ya never know with entertainment journalism.

Either way, i doubt if Jim would tour over the summer if he was seriously attached to someone; as "Spin" noted he was single a few months ago when covering the Valentine's Day show. Let's hope that the ole romantic yearin and pinin for love will still be heard within the pulse of future songs.

SaraBananaBear

> "Frontman Jim James has been sitting quietly up front next to his girlfriend ....." > !!!!
What?! A GIRLFRIEND! Well this is just a catastrophe! We all know that the only reason why any dude ever sat down with guitar in hand and wrote a song was because he wanted to impress the ladies! And if even Jim now has a goddamn girlfriend, that means we will get nothing but suburban mediocrity from the band in the future! It's better to keep the boys pining for women than to have them actually make it with the girls. Look at Rod Stewart for chrissakes!
Dear Jim, I'm sorry, but your happiness is our misfortune, so please send this little damsel on her way.
Thank you ~ Gramps.  

Psssh, he wrote Evil Urges while being with someone, did he not?  ;) Not to worry I say  8-)

mjkoehler

Thank you ~ Gramps.  

Psssh, he wrote Evil Urges while being with someone, did he not?  ;) Not to worry I say  8-)
And while that 'ship fell apart.

Grandpaboy

Well, I didn't know that, but let's face it, that would just sort of prove my point. (Nah, I'm just kidding. Surely, Jim must have had girlfriends during the writing and recording of the earlier albums, and although I'm not really a fan of EU, I primarily hold Joe Chicarelli responsible for my problems with that album. (I'm really hoping the boys will hire Johnny Quaid to produce their next album – or maybe just give it a non-produced sort of treatment like they did with the "Candles and Panties"-EP. We'll see.))

Thank you ~ Gramps.  

Well, I didn't know that, but let's face it, that would just sort of proves my point. (Nah, I'm just kidding. Surely, Jim must have had girlfriends during the writing and recording of the earlier albums, and although I'm not really a fan of EU, I primarily hold Joe Chicarelli responsible for my problems with that album. (I'm really hoping the boys will hire Johnny Quaid to produce their next album – or maybe just give it a non-produced sort of treatment like they did with the "Candles and Panties"-EP. We'll see.))