Guy Burwell at Bonnaroo 2010

Started by scosby2, Jun 19, 2010, 03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scosby2

Just checking to see if anyone else got to meet him. I got into Centeroo around 2:30 on Thursday and was checking all the posters out when I noticed the Bonnaroo 2008 poster along with a bunch of other ones.  Seeing as how I didn't pick one up in '08 due to the fact I didn't have anything do to with it but carry it around all day I thought this is my chance to finally get the poster I have been sick about not getting for 2 years. I asked the "guy" behind the table how much and he told me that they were proofs of the original and he had brought about 12 with him to sale for $50. I had to run grab my wallet from some of the people I was with due to the fact that my shorts had no pockets. When I got back I was about 3rd in line and I noticed that the guy buying from him at the time called him Mr. Burwell. When it finally was my turn he told me that a bunch of artists were there selling their own shit. He then showed me all the proofs and that there were just minor differences in each of them. We talked for a little bit and I told him, in my opinion, he does the best work for concerts that I have ever seen.  He is a super nice guy and really loves what he does. I now have a signed Guy Burwell proof of one the best shows in MMJ history. The fact that I waited 4 hours before it started and basked in the glory and rain for 4 more hours just makes it that much sweeter. I hope someone else on here shared my good fortune and got to meet Mr. Burwell. He also had the jam band prints and posters from Red Rocks and the Radio City show to name a few...

TEO

msy got to meet him as I saw her pic with him on FB.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

weeniebeenie

QuoteJust checking to see if anyone else got to meet him. I got into Centeroo around 2:30 on Thursday and was checking all the posters out when I noticed the Bonnaroo 2008 poster along with a bunch of other ones.  Seeing as how I didn't pick one up in '08 due to the fact I didn't have anything do to with it but carry it around all day I thought this is my chance to finally get the poster I have been sick about not getting for 2 years. I asked the "guy" behind the table how much and he told me that they were proofs of the original and he had brought about 12 with him to sale for $50. I had to run grab my wallet from some of the people I was with due to the fact that my shorts had no pockets. When I got back I was about 3rd in line and I noticed that the guy buying from him at the time called him Mr. Burwell. When it finally was my turn he told me that a bunch of artists were there selling their own shit. He then showed me all the proofs and that there were just minor differences in each of them. We talked for a little bit and I told him, in my opinion, he does the best work for concerts that I have ever seen.  He is a super nice guy and really loves what he does. I now have a signed Guy Burwell proof of one the best shows in MMJ history. The fact that I waited 4 hours before it started and basked in the glory and rain for 4 more hours just makes it that much sweeter. I hope someone else on here shared my good fortune and got to meet Mr. Burwell. He also had the jam band prints and posters from Red Rocks and the Radio City show to name a few...
Cool story!
How loud can silence get?

Love Dogg

Fifty bucks....DAMN IT!

I have been sick that I didn't get one while I was there, and thought I'd never see another one for less the a couple of hundo.  Maybe I'll get my break one day.  

Congrats on meeting him and getting a hell of a deal on the best concert poster of all times.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."