Main Menu

the barr brothers

Started by ironmike, Aug 22, 2011, 06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ironmike

debut album comes out in sept...i saw these guys open for mmj when they were called the slip...really diggin it...some cool videos over on my blog musicconsortium.blogspot.com

wolof7

I've seen the Slip around 30 times as they originate from my area and they are incredible live saw them open for MMJ at the Avalon in Boston and saw them close out the MMJ Boston Pops shows.

That band never got their just due and now they play random shows maybe btw 5-10 shows per yr. rather than their former tourhorse schedule. They are supposedly putting the finishing touches for the past yr or so....I'll believe it when I see it...

The Barr Brothers album is great. :thumbsup:
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

ironmike

do you possibly have alink for the barr brothers album?

wolof7

sorry ironmike, heard it when it was briefly streaming on a site i now forget....I believe it was around the time it was originally released, I believe the Sept date is a re-release on another label or something.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

ironmike

marino13

I also saw them open for MMJ and really like the Eisenhower album.  I listened to the three tracks on their website from the upcoming Barr Bros. album and I'm really digging it.  Reminds me of one of my favorite albums, BRMC's "Howl", both in terms of music and lyrical content.  Sept. 27th will be a good day with this one and Wilco's new one coming out. :thumbsup:

buster douglas

I have their self-titled EP, it's awesome!