ACL Live Stream?

Started by firesofcanning, Aug 31, 2011, 01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firesofcanning

Anyone know if they are planning on streaming ACL this year? Tried checking their website but couldn't tell. They seem to have a youtube channel but I don't know if that necessarily means a live stream...
[url="//twitter.com/firesofcanning"]twitter.com/firesofcanning[/url]

mahg33ta

yes, they plan to stream last I saw.

subinai

i assume they will. i think the same people that put on lolla do ACL.

firesofcanning

[url="//twitter.com/firesofcanning"]twitter.com/firesofcanning[/url]

Jackets N Pones

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

mahg33ta

I'm eager to see the webcast schedule...

tdb810

fantastic!

except i am not going to be home for it  :'( :'(
.....Back at the Model Home

midwesterner

I confirmed my photo pass yesterday. Can't wait for this set.

woodnymph

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

jomult

Almost like being in love....

Fully

Question: Exactly how does one tape or download or whatever a live stream off of youtube? I know someone will upload one, but I'd really like to be able to do it myself.

BigHerm

Another reason to hate my cousin for having his wedding this Saturday.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Fully on Sep 14, 2011, 11:53 AM
Question: Exactly how does one tape or download or whatever a live stream off of youtube? I know someone will upload one, but I'd really like to be able to do it myself.
I know there's keepvid, which is good for downloading regular You Tube video.  I use Stream Transport for things like the rebroadcast of Unstaged and Lollapalooza.  If you try to capture the webcast as its happening, there are likely to be hiccups along the way.  Hopefully, the entire webcast gets rebroadcast and that capture will be more pristine. 

On another note, I made promo posters for this webcast and have them on my classroom walls and doors.  I even did little tear-off tabs with the date, time, and url so students can check this out. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

smhoffmann02

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 14, 2011, 01:05 PM
I know there's keepvid, which is good for downloading regular You Tube video.  I use Stream Transport for things like the rebroadcast of Unstaged and Lollapalooza.  If you try to capture the webcast as its happening, there are likely to be hiccups along the way.  Hopefully, the entire webcast gets rebroadcast and that capture will be more pristine. 

On another note, I made promo posters for this webcast and have them on my classroom walls and doors.  I even did little tear-off tabs with the date, time, and url so students can check this out.

Great idea, John.  A good way to get the younger crowd hooked...
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

johnnYYac

Thanks, Steph.  Here's my promo poster.  ;)

btw - the link works.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

e_wind

damn john do you have a job with ATO yet?
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Fully

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 14, 2011, 01:05 PM

Thanks John! Now I've got my hobby project for Saturday night!

smhoffmann02

Quote from: e_wind on Sep 14, 2011, 06:12 PM
damn john do you have a job with ATO yet?

I second that!
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.