Roll Call - Dec 14th New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden

Started by headhunter, Sep 18, 2011, 08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

Quote from: LosMaven on Sep 19, 2011, 03:43 PM
Does anyone have any idea about how many GA tickets are held for Roll Call Members?  If they are sold out for the Roll Call presale does that mean there are no more GA Floor tickets available at all?

My assumption is that it'll be set up exactly like the NYE show a few years ago.  If that's the case, I can't imagine Roll Call members snatched up all that space.

I got my 4 tickets on the floor but I have more friends that want to come and ideally I would like them on the floor with me.

there should be a lot more GAs out there, it's a huge PIT
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

LosMaven

It seriously is disgusting.  I tried to stay there once and had to demand my money back and I never do that.  This is coming from a guy who once ordered a steak but was brought a piece of grilled chicken and just ate it anyway.  I'll grin and bear anything...except Hotel Pennsylvania.

If you can stand getting weekly e-mails, sign up for Travelzoo.com and you'll get a hotel in Times Square for like 120 bucks (even around the holidays).

I promise I don't work for them or anything.  Just passing along info.

Quote from: Penny Lane on Sep 19, 2011, 04:11 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Sep 19, 2011, 03:57 PM
Quote from: LosMaven on Sep 19, 2011, 03:41 PM
Hotel Pennsylvania is notorious for Bed Bugs

http://bedbugregistry.com/hotel/NY/New-York/Hotel-Pennsylvania-Ave

It looks to me like that whole area is bed bug ridden

oh it's FINE.. ;)
[url="http://explodingslacks.blogspot.com"]http://explodingslacks.blogspot.com[/url]

edierevolution

If you guys are looking for a hotel... this one is great:

http://www.vervehotel.com/

It's in Long Island City (Queens)... literally 10 min from manhattan on the train. The area is kind of industrial, but it's totally safe. Everyone I know who comes to town stays there. And they do a free breakfast that isn't gross. And a pretty friggen good barbecue joint just opened up a few blocks away.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/john-brown-smokehouse-long-island-city

el_chode

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Sep 19, 2011, 03:13 PM
Quote from: el_chode on Sep 19, 2011, 01:40 PM
Re band of snoozes, there are bands that make music made for a live performance as a warm up band, and there are great studio bands that do not warm the crowd up at all for an energetic show. This is the latter. They made my study soundtrack for 2 winter semesters, but I'm dreading the slowness and sleepyness. Sharon Jones is the perfect opening act for this. Gets the blood flowing

Have you ever seen them? They put on a pretty good show. I'd prefer Sharon too, but they'll be good.

I'm sure they perform well, and create a nice, atmospheric feel to the music. I'm also sure that when I'm about to get the sock rocked off my cock by the Jacket, the last thing I want is melodic indie rock to lull me into a trance making it a challenge to remain on my feet due to the overwhelming feeling of yawns and a longing desire for a nap.
I'm surrounded by assholes

itrainmonkeys

Quote from: el_chode on Sep 19, 2011, 04:39 PM
Re band of snoozes, there are bands that make music made for a live performance as a warm up band, and there are great studio bands that do not warm the crowd up at all for an energetic show. This is the latter. They made my study soundtrack for 2 winter semesters, but I'm dreading the slowness and sleepyness. Sharon Jones is the perfect opening act for this. Gets the blood flowing

Have you ever seen them? They put on a pretty good show. I'd prefer Sharon too, but they'll be good.

I'm sure they perform well, and create a nice, atmospheric feel to the music. I'm also sure that when I'm about to get the sock rocked off my cock by the Jacket, the last thing I want is melodic indie rock to lull me into a trance making it a challenge to remain on my feet due to the overwhelming feeling of yawns and a longing desire for a nap.

BOH can rock pretty well. I've only seen them once but they brought energy at that show. I think you're judging it too harsh before seeing them.

That said, I would have preferred Delta Spirit or Sharon & Dap Kings over BoH but I'm glad all 3 are acts that I enjoy.

firesofcanning

Quote from: LosMaven on Sep 19, 2011, 04:20 PM
It seriously is disgusting.  I tried to stay there once and had to demand my money back and I never do that.  This is coming from a guy who once ordered a steak but was brought a piece of grilled chicken and just ate it anyway.  I'll grin and bear anything...except Hotel Pennsylvania.

If you can stand getting weekly e-mails, sign up for Travelzoo.com and you'll get a hotel in Times Square for like 120 bucks (even around the holidays).

I promise I don't work for them or anything.  Just passing along info.

Quote from: Penny Lane on Sep 19, 2011, 04:11 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Sep 19, 2011, 03:57 PM
Quote from: LosMaven on Sep 19, 2011, 03:41 PM
Hotel Pennsylvania is notorious for Bed Bugs

http://bedbugregistry.com/hotel/NY/New-York/Hotel-Pennsylvania-Ave

It looks to me like that whole area is bed bug ridden

oh it's FINE.. ;)

hmmmm....perhaps i should cancel and find somewhere else.... :(
[url="//twitter.com/firesofcanning"]twitter.com/firesofcanning[/url]

vespachick

Quote from: itrainmonkeys on Sep 19, 2011, 04:42 PM

BOH can rock pretty well. I've only seen them once but they brought energy at that show. I think you're judging it too harsh before seeing them.

That said, I would have preferred Delta Spirit or Sharon & Dap Kings over BoH but I'm glad all 3 are acts that I enjoy.

Not to beat this horse to death (see what I did there  ;D), but I'm a fan of meloncholy rock and I've seen BoH 3 times, albeit inadvertently just because they showed up where I showed up.....  I was bored out of my mind each time. 
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

el_chode

I'm also bitter because just ONCE i'd like a wax fang/mmj bill in NYC
I'm surrounded by assholes

WSS2

rumblings of a dress-up fancy / late Halloween / monkey costumes?

lil sis

Seems like a lot of people had issues purchasing their pre-sales for this.  I know ynwa did as well.  Thank god she was able to score GA's for both of us.  So looking forward to this!!!
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

Ghosts_on_TV

Probably could've said the same thing about Everest, and they were the best opener of the T5 run.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

sweatboard

Quote from: WSS2 on Sep 19, 2011, 05:47 PM
rumblings of a dress-up fancy / late Halloween / monkey costumes?

hahah,  this guy is ready to GET IT ON!!!!!!
There's Still Time.........

WSS2

that is amazing...I am seriously considering purchasing that

WSS2

although, that costume looks like it would be about 1000 degrees

I was Gumby last year (exact same costume as the infamous Gumby Bandit) - not nearly as thick as that costume and that thing was roasting

sweatboard

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Sep 19, 2011, 05:52 PM

Probably could've said the same thing about Everest, and they were the best opener of the T5 run.

Dungen was AWESOME!!!

sweatboard

ALady

Quote from: LosMaven on Sep 19, 2011, 03:43 PM
Does anyone have any idea about how many GA tickets are held for Roll Call Members?  If they are sold out for the Roll Call presale does that mean there are no more GA Floor tickets available at all?

My assumption is that it'll be set up exactly like the NYE show a few years ago.  If that's the case, I can't imagine Roll Call members snatched up all that space.

I got my 4 tickets on the floor but I have more friends that want to come and ideally I would like them on the floor with me.

Any presale is typically about 10% of capacity.  So there should be a good number of GAs available in the public sale.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Northern Neighbour

Strongly considering going, but the show being on a Wednesday night makes it tough for us to get down.  It is a day before my birthday, though!

Jane

that bed bugs website is creepy me the fuck out!