Roll Call - Dec 14th New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden

Started by headhunter, Sep 18, 2011, 08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountSA

Quote from: walterfredo on Dec 15, 2011, 11:41 AM
How full was the Gahden?

It was pretty packed from what I could tell from West GA.

tbear

A couple of things from that great, rockin show last night:

-First time using Roll-Call tickets: No wait, seperate entrance, MSG floor, center, 50 feet back and plenty of room to boogie: priceless.

- I thought the Garden shined last night. Good sound, very nice security, great crowd, an overall nice vibe in a majestic, historic room. As my friend said after some song ending, "its nice to hear that Garden roar".

-I, too, would like to see them switch it up a bit (really wanted PWW), but I totally understand their motive. There were allot of firstimers there last night, many who may only know MMJ from Circuital. You really have to play to those folks a fair amount- get em hooked. And really, how can you complain if you get Dodonte, Steam Engine, BH in one night? Can't.

- only one downer -- this show was the light on my horizon for sooo long that I am gonna miss looking forward to it!  -- (ok, going to Carnagie, but thats not the same thing...)

Really a perfect night.

JaneCool

What can I say - another phenomenal show!!

I adore Band of Horses, and this was my first time seeing them. I thought they were fantastic and I'd definitely go see them again. I enjoyed seeing the big smile on Ben's face while they were up there - the band definitely seemed like they were enjoying themselves. I thought they were the perfect opener for the show.

MMJ brings it every time, tremendous energy, the addition of Brian Jackson was very cool, I was fine with the set-list, and Jim singing "I'll Be Home for Christmas" was so sweet. I loved looking around and seeing the stands full and people up and rocking. We sure rocked the rail, I felt like I had run a marathon after the show!  ;D

I always hate to see their shows end and am already looking forward to the next tour. I did get one of Tommy's picks as a souvenir from this show.

It's always a pleasure seeing everyone, and I enjoyed meeting a couple new people - although I am so awful with names it will take me a while before I remember everyone's. Stout's was a cool meetup place and nice that we had that downstairs room. I hope we can all do it again soon!

One final note, after the show a few of us went back to Stout's and there was an MMJ after-party going on there in a separate room, I was sort of lurking around there off and on to see if any of the band would show up. Sure enough, I eventually spotted Patrick so I went up and shook his hand and thanked him for another great show, etc. and he asked me what I was doing and I said I was just hanging out and I couldn't get into the party because I wasn't on the list and he said "sure you can, go on in!" I couldn't believe it! Bo and Tommy were there so I got to meet them as well (and took pictures), and I chatted to both of them for a bit. They both recognized me from the rail and Tommy said thanks for showing us the love...it was awesome! I couldn't help but give him a big hug - I was so happy to finally meet them.  :)

Jim and Carl weren't there so hopefully I'll get to meet them some day.

So all in all it was a very special day for me! Thanks MMJ, BOH and fellow forumites for another spectacular time!  :dankk2:

I have some pics from the show, I'll sort through them and see if any are worth posting.
So, I do believe.....

lasvegas

well hot damn, that was fun as hell...again.

always a great time. happy with the setlist.

amazing energy in a pretty full garden.

off to letterman today.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: Bigsky on Dec 15, 2011, 07:31 AM
What a fun show...ga west was bouncing

Good hanging! I thought it was great! We got there really late, so no Stout, good seeing the people I did see, however brief it was. Also, I met the singer of Alberta Cross in the will call line, he was having problems getting his tickets. Said what's up. One downfall, I had to move a lot to avoid talkers, but it was easy to manuver through west ga, so it wasn't that big if a deal.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Dillsnufus

the show was phenomenal. I was on rail (first and worth it) . The energy  of the band was amazing plus the crowd was bumpin. I'm just sad it's over. O well till we meet again  :beer:

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

TSarge

Did anybody else see the naked guy in GA west??

Ya, the naked guy.

Some kid, who must have enjoyed a few to many controlled substances, was flailing around in the middle-closeish section of the pit. He had like a 10ft radius around him as he slowly lost his clothes. And then he was naked. Full frontal.

Would have been hard to miss.

Right before Gideon...

MrWhippy

Quote from: TSarge on Dec 15, 2011, 12:23 PM

Ya, the naked guy.

Some kid, who must have enjoyed a few to many controlled substances, was flailing around in the middle-closeish section of the pit. He had like a 10ft radius around him as he slowly lost his clothes. And then he was naked. Full frontal.

Right before Gideon...

Was this the guy got pushed to the front and pulled over the rail and out in front of Carl?  Was up at the rail and I saw people get security and then the guy get pushed to the front and dragged over.

I just saw his back when he got pushed to the rail.  I didn't know he took the phrase "rock out with your cock out" to its literal extreme.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

TSarge

Haha he was definitely pushed to the front. I couldn't see what happened to him after that but I assumed he would be removed quickly...

zanjam

anything + reverb always = better

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

JaneCool

Quote from: MrWhippy on Dec 15, 2011, 12:29 PM
Quote from: TSarge on Dec 15, 2011, 12:23 PM

Ya, the naked guy.

Right before Gideon...

Was this the guy got pushed to the front and pulled over the rail and out in front of Carl?  Was up at the rail and I saw people get security and then the guy get pushed to the front and dragged over.

I just saw his back when he got pushed to the rail.  I didn't know he took the phrase "rock out with your cock out" to its literal extreme.

Yeah, that kid was a mess - pants down around his ankles, no shirt, still had his boxers on when he got pushed our way but I got a "free show" after he went over the rail. I was pretty shocked and embarrassed for the guy to be honest, I just hope he was ok.
So, I do believe.....

Ruckus

Good show but I expected much much more.  Steam Engine -> BH was great and I was bouncing all over the place in the pit.  (sorry Fully and Yacster)  I gotta say that I totally lost my mojo for that encore.  Just wanted something more.  Still a great time and great seeing a lot of people.  Hey, I also met Goldbondking upstairs where I managed to professionally slur multiple words to him.  A great 1st impression ;D  I blame shots of scotch, vodka, soco limes chased by double bourbons. ;D

Hell yeah I saw naked guy.  I got bumped so I turned around and dude is right behind me.  I look into his eyes then look down all the way down to his feet, then back to his eyes.  I laughed but apparently there some people that wanted him out of there and yelled for security.  He was wearing boxers for me BTW.  That was until security violently hauled his ass over the rail.   ;D

I'm just glad I wasn't naked guy
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Taterbug

Sounds like an awesome show except for the dude that was waving his glow stick around  :)
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

davymac

B

My Morning Jacket
Madison Square Garden

Victory Dance
Circuital
It Beats 4 You
First Light
I'm Amazed
Wonderful (with Ben Bridwell)
Steam Engine
Outta My System
Dancefloors (w/ Deerland horns)
Golden
Mahgeetah
Dondante (w Brian Jackson  on flute and keys)
Smokin from Shootin'
End of Run Thru
Touch Me I'm Going to Scream pt 2
Off The Record
Gideon

Bermuda Highway
Wordless Chorus
The Day is Coming
The Bottle (cover) (W Brian Jackson  and  deerland horns)
Holding on to Black Metal (w Deerland horns)
One Big Holiday (w Deerland horns)
I'll Be Home for Christmas (w BoH and Deerland horns)

2:30

Northern Neighbour

Northern Neighbour

Quote from: e_wind on Dec 15, 2011, 11:30 AM
Loved seein everyone again.

I'll say it too, would've loved some deep cuts, but the show was on fire. When they played Red Rocks this year, the "feeling" of the show and venue were far superior to the excellent set list. The same was true here. They were playing at MS(fucking)G and it was packed. You could tell they appretiated the love and were truly grateful for the experience, which made the "feeling" superb. The guests and the covers were awesome! Steam Engine, Dance Floors, The Bottle, I'll Be Home For Xmas were my highlights. Loved being on the rail with Nateonte, Northern Neighbor, his wife Carol, and my gf. Until next time friends :beer:

Eric, hope your GF is feeling better.  Enjoy the Letterman show and the rest of your stay in the City.  Until next time!

JaneCool

So, I do believe.....