Roll Call - Dec 14th New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden

Started by headhunter, Sep 18, 2011, 08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

Quote from: Crispy on Dec 15, 2011, 02:32 PM
This is bizarre, somehow I'm back at work this afternoon. What a crazy trip, a great show, and so much fun seeing everyone and meeting more peeps! Steam + Dondante, BH, and I don't know if I've heard a better Mageetah. I'm exhausted, but SO glad I made it. Thanks again, Penny and Eric for convincing me to get there! (it didn't take a whole lot of arm-twisting)

You got it Crispy. Looking forward to the next time.  :beer:

I honestly don't know how you're functioning this afternoon after that crazy trip.  :o

Totally agree on the tunes, and that Magheetah was a great one, as was Dancefloors with the horns. They broke it out pretty early in the show too, didn't expect that. 8)
"Where's Jim going?"

Sassbox

Glad to have been able to see everyone again! Special thanks to Ant for the sweet poster (and beer run)...what a good egg! Favorite non-show portion of the evening? Chris' multiple Sasquatch impressions. Still laughing.

Loved the extended version of Gideon. Did not love seeing semi-naked dude's manhood on the floor of the photo pit.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

Crispy

Quote from: ericm on Dec 15, 2011, 02:48 PM
This is bizarre, somehow I'm back at work this afternoon. What a crazy trip, a great show, and so much fun seeing everyone and meeting more peeps! Steam + Dondante, BH, and I don't know if I've heard a better Mageetah. I'm exhausted, but SO glad I made it. Thanks again, Penny and Eric for convincing me to get there! (it didn't take a whole lot of arm-twisting)

I honestly don't know how you're functioning this afternoon after that crazy trip.  :o

Totally agree on the tunes, and that Magheetah was a great one, as was Dancefloors with the horns. They broke it out pretty early in the show too, didn't expect that. 8)

I'm barely functioning...obviously not well, I forgot to mention that sweet Dancefloors! How awesome to see the Dearland Horns again!

It ain't a party until Sasquatch shows up. There are RULES, people!  ;D

Not sad I missed Semi-Naked Guy, but we did have Seattle Rabbit-Hatted Girl in the center...
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Dillsnufus

Quote from: Crispy on Dec 15, 2011, 02:55 PM
Quote from: ericm on Dec 15, 2011, 02:48 PM

I'm barely functioning...obviously not well, I forgot to mention that sweet Dancefloors! How awesome to see the Dearland Horns again!

It ain't a party until Sasquatch shows up. There are RULES, people!  ;D

Not sad I missed Semi-Naked Guy, but we did have Seattle Rabbit-Hatted Girl in the center...

yea she was nutz lol she's in a lot of those brooklynvegan crowd shots
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

JaneCool

I'm glad you made it, great seeing you! And thanks again for the drink(s).  :)
So, I do believe.....

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

subinai

i'm 90% sure that Eric from Tim & Eric was in the pit last night.

kydiddle

Highs:

*Everyone I got to say hello to at Stout/in line/in the venue. This is an amazing group of people.
*The flute/sax battle. Sweet!
*They always put on a good show, even if the setlist is underwhelming...
*Jim's killer moves and grooves
*Crispy doing the "Sasquatch" in the basement of Stout at approximately 2:30 AM.  :thumbsup:
*Watching the smiles on everyone in the pit. Especially Penny, Brooke, and Ms. Bluesky who were always in my line of vision.  :-*
*Band of Horses killed in my opinion. I always forget how many great songs they have (all of them!!).

Lows:

*Stinky pits in the pit. (Not mine...) I mean really stinky, like cross your eyes and keel over stinky...
*Not a lot of rarities in the setlist. Which, I've come to terms with. It's a big venue, a big spotlight for them and they have to promote. I get it. Everyone who went to the shows leading up to this one should be so grateful for their amazing setlists.

Great times, good laughs, I love you all!

Nice shot Penny! And Brooke is there, too, grooving in the shadows...  ;)
Cow temperature.

sda

Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Dec 15, 2011, 12:16 PM
Quote from: Bigsky on Dec 15, 2011, 07:31 AM
What a fun show...ga west was bouncing

Good hanging! I thought it was great! We got there really late, so no Stout, good seeing the people I did see, however brief it was. Also, I met the singer of Alberta Cross in the will call line, he was having problems getting his tickets. Said what's up. One downfall, I had to move a lot to avoid talkers, but it was easy to manuver through west ga, so it wasn't that big if a deal.

Was he wearing his hat?

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: sda on Dec 15, 2011, 04:24 PM
Quote from: Ghosts_on_TV on Dec 15, 2011, 12:16 PM
Quote from: Bigsky on Dec 15, 2011, 07:31 AM
What a fun show...ga west was bouncing

Good hanging! I thought it was great! We got there really late, so no Stout, good seeing the people I did see, however brief it was. Also, I met the singer of Alberta Cross in the will call line, he was having problems getting his tickets. Said what's up. One downfall, I had to move a lot to avoid talkers, but it was easy to manuver through west ga, so it wasn't that big if a deal.

Was he wearing his hat?
Haha, yeah, he was.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

deathstick

Eric M with the eagle eyes spotting Zack Galifanakis stage left!!

ericm

Quote from: deathstick on Dec 15, 2011, 07:13 PM
Eric M with the eagle eyes spotting Zack Galifanakis stage left!!

Haha. I thought it was him, but wasn't really too sure.

Still trying to figure out who the supermodel was in the photo pit in front of Jim for the 1st few songs.  Good lord that was one beautiful woman!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

Laxin293

I ran into McLovin in the bathroom just before they came on by the 102 section.  Got a picture with him quick, then he ran out cause he heard them coming on. 

headhunter

still basking in the afterglow.  gonna show just a few photos.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

subinai

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

headhunter

subinai

welp, i was the dude in a brown jacket behind you guys with a tube, cussing under his breath while typing into a blackberry. haha. had i known!

jmk

I saw a lot of you guys there and recognized you from T5. I was slightly right of center w/ only one person in front of me. What an amazing show. I noted this show as being particularly extra-fun. There was just something going on.

headhunter

Quote from: jmk on Dec 15, 2011, 08:46 PM
I saw a lot of you guys there and recognized you from T5. I was slightly right of center w/ only one person in front of me. What an amazing show. I noted this show as being particularly extra-fun. There was just something going on.

yeah, this one was extra fun.  nice when they sell posters outside the venue pre-show so you can get your poster and still secure a position on the rail.

guessing there were many, many T5 veterans at last night's show.