TOOL

Started by woodnymph, Sep 23, 2011, 09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

TOMORROW

The Rest Will Be Revealed
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

ChiefOKONO

Amazing that it is finally coming out after so long.  Can't wait!!!

Does anyone know when the CD version will be available?  They had a limited edition which seems to be all sold out already.

Mr. White

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Aug 29, 2019, 01:49 PMAmazing that it is finally coming out after so long.  Can't wait!!!

Does anyone know when the CD version will be available?  They had a limited edition which seems to be all sold out already.

I think the pre-ordered ones are sold out. Yesterday, when I called Guestroom Records in Louisville (independent record store), they said they had ordered 25 copies of the CD. I'm getting mine on Saturday, as long as they still have some. When I looked on the Interweb, places like Target act like they will have CDs for sale tomorrow too.

ChiefOKONO

I looked and only saw the sold out limited edition on target's site.  Where did you see it?  I would love to get the CD version!!!

Mr. White

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Aug 30, 2019, 03:18 PMI looked and only saw the sold out limited edition on target's site.  Where did you see it?  I would love to get the CD version!!!

Looks like you're right. I thought they would have some, but I guess not. I'm still hoping my independent record store up in Louisville will still have one for me to buy tomorrow night. Who knows.

I got the download from Qobuz. They have unlimited download for anything you buy, and they have various quality downloads. I go for FLAC most all the time. Here's the link.

https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/fear-inoculum-tool/e1zvrby3z03ob

ChiefOKONO

Thanks! I want to get the FLAC version.
I also would love the cd so if you hear any news about that please let us know!

APR

I know it's last minute considering the fan club pre sale is tomorrow, but does anyone have any insight on how easy or difficult it was in the past to buy tickets thru the club?   

CountSA

Quote from: APR on Sep 03, 2019, 08:34 PMI know it's last minute considering the fan club pre sale is tomorrow, but does anyone have any insight on how easy or difficult it was in the past to buy tickets thru the club?   

It seems like the club presale is only for VIP tickets.

APR

Quote from: CountSA on Sep 03, 2019, 09:50 PM
Quote from: APR on Sep 03, 2019, 08:34 PMI know it's last minute considering the fan club pre sale is tomorrow, but does anyone have any insight on how easy or difficult it was in the past to buy tickets thru the club?   

It seems like the club presale is only for VIP tickets.

That is what I read yesterday, and apparently it didn't go well at all.... website crashes, people mad they didn't get thru, and also mad they didn't have regular tickets.  $500 is steep.  Good luck getting tickets Friday.

ChiefOKONO

Mr. White, thanks again for that link to buy the hi res version... I got it and it sounds spectacular!!!

Quote from: Mr. White on Aug 30, 2019, 03:56 PM
Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Aug 30, 2019, 03:18 PMI looked and only saw the sold out limited edition on target's site.  Where did you see it?  I would love to get the CD version!!!

Looks like you're right. I thought they would have some, but I guess not. I'm still hoping my independent record store up in Louisville will still have one for me to buy tomorrow night. Who knows.

I got the download from Qobuz. They have unlimited download for anything you buy, and they have various quality downloads. I go for FLAC most all the time. Here's the link.

CountSA

Good luck to everyone trying to get tix tomorrow...I think it's gonna be a mess.

Also, if you are looking for a physical copy of the CD the official store has it available (tonight only).

Mr. White

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Sep 05, 2019, 07:14 PMMr. White, thanks again for that link to buy the hi res version... I got it and it sounds spectacular!!!

Quote from: Mr. White on Aug 30, 2019, 03:56 PM

No problem, ChiefOKONO! I'm still with Neil Young on the philosophy of trying to save the music in the highest quality possible. FLAC is pretty much all I bother with, unless it's not available.
TOOL!!!

Mr. White

Quote from: CountSA on Sep 05, 2019, 08:39 PMGood luck to everyone trying to get tix tomorrow...I think it's gonna be a mess.

Also, if you are looking for a physical copy of the CD the official store has it available (tonight only).

I almost got the Deluxe Edition from their store last night after reading your post, but I decided not to after seeing how shipping would increase the price to just over $55. (I already got the FLAC Download and spent $18.54, and my brother got the Deluxe CD. If it pops up at a store for lower, I'll get it.)

Also, I SCORED 3 TICKETS FOR THE INDIANAPOLIS SHOW ON 11/2/2019!!!

APR

Quote from: Mr. White on Sep 06, 2019, 11:12 AM
Quote from: CountSA on Sep 05, 2019, 08:39 PMGood luck to everyone trying to get tix tomorrow...I think it's gonna be a mess.

I almost got the Deluxe Edition from their store last night after reading your post, but I decided not to after seeing how shipping would increase the price to just over $55. (I already got the FLAC Download and spent $18.54, and my brother got the Deluxe CD. If it pops up at a store for lower, I'll get it.)

Also, I SCORED 3 TICKETS FOR THE INDIANAPOLIS SHOW ON 11/2/2019!!!

Right on!  I got three for DC.  I was shocked to get thru and get good seats.  Usually for Tool my luck is awful.

ChiefOKONO

Tickets were tough to get and the scalpers didn't help!!!  The site kept crashing and I think my order went though even though there was no confirmation page and it said there was an error processing order.  They need to really increase capacity or something!!!

I tried to get the physical version last night but it was already sold out again by the time I tried.

CountSA

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Sep 06, 2019, 04:08 PMTickets were tough to get and the scalpers didn't help!!!  The site kept crashing and I think my order went though even though there was no confirmation page and it said there was an error processing order.  They need to really increase capacity or something!!!

I tried to get the physical version last night but it was already sold out again by the time I tried.

I might have an extra if you're interested...it'd be a little pricier than retails ($67 shipped = what I paid).  Let me know if you're interested.

ChiefOKONO

Great! I sent you a PM on here.

Quote from: CountSA on Sep 06, 2019, 08:34 PM
Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Sep 06, 2019, 04:08 PMTickets were tough to get and the scalpers didn't help!!!  The site kept crashing and I think my order went though even though there was no confirmation page and it said there was an error processing order.  They need to really increase capacity or something!!!

I might have an extra if you're interested...it'd be a little pricier than retails ($67 shipped = what I paid).  Let me know if you're interested.

RMarcil34

Fear Inoculum sounds good but it's not worth the 13 years of waiting.

parkervb

Quote from: RMarcil34 on Sep 12, 2019, 10:39 PMFear Inoculum sounds good but it's not worth the 13 years of waiting.

what is worth waiting 13 yrs for? I can't think of anything beside fine wine and Pappy Van Winkle
Don't you ever turn it off

walterfredo

Quote from: parkervb on Sep 13, 2019, 10:40 AMwhat is worth waiting 13 yrs for?

Today's Friday the 13th Full moon (if you're not on the east coast)...
https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/09/12/freakish-fun-for-friday-the-13th-a-full-moon-13-years-in-the-making/

(and a few species of Cicadas)