Started by CC, Oct 05, 2011, 05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Quote from: searchinbig on Oct 19, 2011, 12:24 PM
Quote from: subinai on Oct 19, 2011, 12:02 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 19, 2011, 11:25 AM
Quote from: jones on Oct 19, 2011, 09:36 AM
Quote from: searchinbig on Oct 19, 2011, 07:30 AM
By the way, take these out of the plastic jacket. After time it seems to react with the vinyl and mess it up.
Thanks, I did not know this.  Do you just store it in an insert then?
I bought 100 paper sleeves via Amazon and store all of my MMJ picture discs in them.  I ordered the blue Choc & Ice and its seems the clear vinyl sleeve damaged the surface.  Good advice.

Are you storing the paper sleeved vinyl in the plastic jacket?

I go a little overboard with my vinyl. I put the record cover in a protective plastic sleeve. I store the vinyl in it's paper or plastic sleeve outside the jacket but in the protective plastic sleeve. That way I don't need to remove the record from the cover, thereby protecting the record and the cover from splits or damage. I don't like those heavy plastic jacket records like Chocolate and Ice or the MMJ pic discs came in . I don't think you can fit the vinyl in a paper sleeve back in the heavy jacket cover.It seems way too tight to begin with.

Damn this addiction!!
Actually, the paper sleeves I use for the Z, ISM, and EU pic discs fit fine in the original clear vinyl sleeve.  I can't recall the vinyl sleeve of the C & I splatter, but the blue version has a clear vinyl sleeve w/the corners crimped, so the paper sleeve won't fit... which sux 'cause its the one getting damaged by the vinyl sleeve.   :-\
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.