Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

Quote from: Fully on Oct 12, 2011, 11:44 PM
Quote from: subinai on Oct 12, 2011, 09:12 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 12, 2011, 06:43 PM
My Morning Jacket by Scott Compton (Boing Boing Video) - 504 MB 1080p mp4

MY MAN
We can always count on you! Thank you!

Wow, just watched this and it was so amazing I don't even know where to start.  The part where Carl and Bo talk about thinking in metaphors, the editing, the interviews, the fan shots?  Just Amazing, thank you Fully, Fully.

There's Still Time.........

buymycar

Fully

Quote from: sweatboard on Oct 13, 2011, 02:17 AM

MY MAN

Wow, just watched this and it was so amazing I don't even know where to start.  The part where Carl and Bo talk about thinking in metaphors, the editing, the interviews, the fan shots?  Just Amazing, thank you Fully, Fully.

John is the one who uploaded this; I just look at boing boing obsessively. Also, the guy who made the film Scott Compton @SCremedy  tweeted me @insertcardfully back. He wanted to know about the board. I directed him to this thread. It sounds like he is also really a huge fan of the band, as if it isn't obvious from the awesome film he made. Perhaps he will share some more of his footage with us. Since his film was under a creative commons license, it shouldn't be a problem that we've ripped it and made it available for us to download (hopefully).

tdb810

DAN DAN DAN DAN DAN DANZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

That was awesome, and such a lovely treat on this dreary day!  Thanks!
.....Back at the Model Home

SCremedy

People of Earth:
Hello good folks and fans of MMJ.  Scott Compton here, the guy who did the MMJ video for BB. 

Myself and my crew at Remedy Editorial are blown away by the positive response, but as I said in the article - the guys were "as advertised".  Funny, chill, grounded and talented.

We shot a certain number of songs, not the entire show.  As to additional material, we're riding with what we've got for the time being. Gotta make a living you know. The more this gets out there, the more interest will build and maybe we can see if this sucker can get into other venues, etc.  It's all good that you downloaded the clip, it's there to be enjoyed!  But do me a favor and spread the word of the link too please!

Warm regards mates -

@SCremedy, @remedyeditorial
on fb scottcompton  and remedyeditorial

tdb810

peafunk31

Finally got around to watching this. All I can say is WOW! That was extremely enjoyable to watch. I really dig how it was shot. Thanks & welcome aboard Scott! I'm definitely forwarding to friends.
Homer no function beer well without.

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

Ruckus

Thanks a bunch Scott!  That was brilliantly done.  Just can't keep the cameras of danz 8)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

buymycar

Quote from: SCremedy on Oct 13, 2011, 04:00 PM
People of Earth:
Hello good folks and fans of MMJ.  Scott Compton here, the guy who did the MMJ video for BB. 

Myself and my crew at Remedy Editorial are blown away by the positive response, but as I said in the article - the guys were "as advertised".  Funny, chill, grounded and talented.

We shot a certain number of songs, not the entire show.  As to additional material, we're riding with what we've got for the time being. Gotta make a living you know. The more this gets out there, the more interest will build and maybe we can see if this sucker can get into other venues, etc.  It's all good that you downloaded the clip, it's there to be enjoyed!  But do me a favor and spread the word of the link too please!

Warm regards mates -

@SCremedy, @remedyeditorial
on fb scottcompton  and remedyeditorial

Mr. Scott Compton,

Ever since I witnessed that epic show at the Fox Theatre on June 24th, I have been looking for any evidence that one of the greatest performances I have ever seen any band execute actually happened.  I was beginning to give up hope that documentation (audio or video) of this show existed.  And then I came across your video.  While watching it, my face melted all over again.  It's a good thing I could recognize myself during the early part of the show (Off The Record) because by the time the Preservation Hall Jazz Band took the stage, I was completely wrecked.  The video of PHJB is phenomenal and the sound is great!  We need an official bootleg of this show!

I just wanted to thank you personally for bringing this video to all of us MMJ nuts.  Even if it's just a few songs from the show, you really display the beautiful Fox Theatre and the band very well.  Again, thank you for giving me a souvenir of one of the best shows I've ever attended.

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Fully

Well Scott, I see that haven't stripped you naked yet. We hope you'll stick around! Anyone with your talent will be a great addition to this board.

el_chode

Quote from: Fully on Oct 13, 2011, 09:20 AM

MY MAN

John is the one who uploaded this; I just look at boing boing obsessively. Also, the guy who made the film Scott Compton @SCremedy  tweeted me @insertcardfully back. He wanted to know about the board. I directed him to this thread. It sounds like he is also really a huge fan of the band, as if it isn't obvious from the awesome film he made. Perhaps he will share some more of his footage with us. Since his film was under a creative commons license, it shouldn't be a problem that we've ripped it and made it available for us to download (hopefully).

You ever read any of Doctorow's other works? His compilation, "Content" is a must-have for anyone interested in the future of creatiity, Creative Commons, and the general shenanigans surrounding Copyright.
I'm surrounded by assholes

SaraBananaBear

Oh how beautiful, thank you so much for this Mr. Scott Compton! Excellent work! :D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

smhoffmann02

Nothing short of awesome, Mr. Compton.  Thanks so much and welcome to the wonderful world of Jacket fans - keep up the good work.  And, as always, thanks to John for packaging it pretty and gifting it to us.   Cheers!
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

Fully

Quote from: el_chode on Oct 16, 2011, 02:43 PM
Quote from: Fully on Oct 13, 2011, 09:20 AM

MY MAN

You ever read any of Doctorow's other works? His compilation, "Content" is a must-have for anyone interested in the future of creatiity, Creative Commons, and the general shenanigans surrounding Copyright.

I've read Little Brother, but I haven't read this compilation. I do keep up with the postings he makes on Boing Boing. He's quite the crusader.

SCremedy

Hey folks - Scott Compton from @remedyeditorial here again.  We're at 9500 viewings.  Help us break the 10,000 viewership please!  That's a lot of viewers for a 21 minute webisode.  Spread the word of MMJ good people.  Thanks much!  @SCremedy

tdb810

Quote from: SCremedy on Oct 18, 2011, 01:40 AM
Hey folks - Scott Compton from @remedyeditorial here again.  We're at 9500 viewings.  Help us break the 10,000 viewership please!  That's a lot of viewers for a 21 minute webisode.  Spread the word of MMJ good people.  Thanks much!  @SCremedy
Don't mind if I do!!  It's up to 9,845!! Woo hoo!

tdb810

PS -  i love how Carl says his name    ::) ::) ::) ::)