The Band - Rick, Robbie, Richard, Levon and Garth

Started by oistheone, Oct 14, 2011, 01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oistheone

Quote from: johnnYYac on Oct 14, 2011, 09:30 PM
10. "The Weight" 1968
Back when My Morning Jacket formed, this was one of the first songs we tried, because the harmonies are so great and stacked in such a cool way.   But we couldn't do it, couldn't nail 'em.  We sang this one with Levon at his house recently, which is pretty fucking crazy.

Levon Helm Ramble -- The Weight

Don't tell Levon, but I couldn't resist bringing out the camera for this one. It was history in the making.

johnnYYac

Quote from: oistheone on Oct 14, 2011, 10:59 PM
10. "The Weight" 1968
Back when My Morning Jacket formed, this was one of the first songs we tried, because the harmonies are so great and stacked in such a cool way.   But we couldn't do it, couldn't nail 'em.  We sang this one with Levon at his house recently, which is pretty fucking crazy.

Don't tell Levon, but I couldn't resist bringing out the camera for this one. It was history in the making.
Very cool.  Great seeing Patrick up, dancing and singing, Bo as well.  Jim's in there somewhere, and Carl on guitar but far from a mic.  Must have been a cool scene.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

woodnymph

Quote from: oistheone on Oct 14, 2011, 10:59 PM
10. "The Weight" 1968

A YEAR LATER AND VIDEO SURFACES!!!!  I don't remember seeing this posted before, you were stealth indeed!!!!  Thanks so much for braving the chance of taping this!!!  And thanks a million for posting!!!!  I think I tried to take my phone out for 1/2 a second, to take a picture, but I was too nervous to really get a good one......

Thanks much!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time