MMJ urging return to action - article

Started by SaraBananaBear, Aug 13, 2010, 05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaraBananaBear

"After spending 2008 promoting and touring behind their best-selling album to date, "Evil Urges," the band decided to take a break for most of 2009.

When the band reconvened earlier this year to work on the follow-up to "Urges," which spawned hits in the title track and "I'm Amazed" and was nominated for a Grammy for best alternative album, guitarist Carl Broemel immediately felt the benefits of the hiatus.

"It feels fresh like it hasn't in a while," Broemel said. "I think it was good for us to take a little sabbatical and do other stuff.""

More here: http://www.nwitimes.com/entertainment/music/article_bea55b7a-c927-5d05-809f-d1c4bb7e4d5a.html

:)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

EasyRyder

Carl on the new album- ..."it's going to be good."

I think coming from Carl (who strikes me as humble and honest when talking about his music or the band's), this tells us something: it's going to be a really &*%^$#@ good album!

Thx for the link!!
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

SaraBananaBear

QuoteCarl on the new album- ..."it's going to be good."

I think coming from Carl (who strikes me as humble and honest when talking about his music or the band's), this tells us something: it's going to be a really &*%^$#@ good album!

Thx for the link!!

Hadn't thought about that, but I think that's very true, like, he's concerned about not giving the dental assistant false hope:

"I mean, if I am at the dentist's office and the dental assistant is like 'I like Kid Rock, would I like you?,' I'm like, 'well you may like us.'" And if she presses, I'm like, 'but we are a weird rock band,' so if she comes to see us, she isn't disappointed."

Not that I didn't already think it would be a &*%^$#@ good album though, woop wooop!  :D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket