i MIGHT go to the VT show.

i AM going to the VT show.

johnnYYac

Quote from: joey_rogo on Mar 15, 2012, 08:56 PM
Quote from: joey_rogo on Feb 24, 2012, 06:00 PM

Do you need a ticket?  I got an extra.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

br00ke

wolof7

Quote from: br00ke on Mar 16, 2012, 03:53 PM
a live performance by Alabama Shakes, recorded yesterday at SXSW 2012 via NPR

yeah I listened to this last night with my wife, right out the gate it was explosive - a MUST listen fo sho.

Brittany opens with saying "Hello Austin we're going to murder you" or something to that effect. and she was right, they totally did.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Clarkwork

I get a major CCR feel from their music.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

johnnYYac

joey_rogo

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 15, 2012, 11:14 PM

Missed this post, sorry JY. Thanks but no thanks, I'm on the will call list. :thumbsup:

johnnYYac

Quote from: joey_rogo on Mar 21, 2012, 08:57 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 15, 2012, 11:14 PM

Missed this post, sorry JY. Thanks but no thanks, I'm on the will call list. :thumbsup:
I look forward to seeing you there!

Got a single GA ticket for 'bama Shakes in Burlington, VT on a Saturday night.  Let me know.  Might be one of their last "small" shows. 

Waddy Peytona

http://www.americansongwriter.com/2012/03/alabama-shakes-conquer-the-world/

In this article, they mention My Morning Jacket as one of the bands they covered early on. Would love to know what song(s).

johnnYYac

Looks like the 'Shakes will join Everest for KINK radio's Waterfront concert on Sunday, May 27 in Portland, OR.  Wrong coast for me, but hopefully someone here will go.  Lovin' AL Shakes, LOVE Everest, too!

oistheone

Quote from: Waddy Peytona on Mar 22, 2012, 01:04 AM
http://www.americansongwriter.com/2012/03/alabama-shakes-conquer-the-world/

In this article, they mention My Morning Jacket as one of the bands they covered early on. Would love to know what song(s).

That's a great article, thanks for posting. Can't wait to finally see 'em live in a few weeks. And then again a few weeks after that.

I clearly have no doubts they're going to blow me away.

Tracy 2112

See 'em if you can before they blow up. The show was amazing and the energy reminded me of seeing MMJ at the 40 Watt in 05. They were visibly moved hearing the crowd sing their songs along with them. Wow wow wow!

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

johnnYYac

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 26, 2012, 03:10 PM
Looks like the 'Shakes will join Everest for KINK radio's Waterfront concert on Sunday, May 27 in Portland, OR.  Wrong coast for me, but hopefully someone here will go.  Lovin' AL Shakes, LOVE Everest, too!
Tix on sale here.  $20!

johnnYYac

So, I'm very psyched for their show in VT on the 14th.  I have an extra ticket and, after posting it here and asking friends, to no avail, I've decided to take my oldest daughter, Katherine, to her first show.  Seems like a good choice.  She's 10, btw. 

EasyRyder

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 01, 2012, 07:44 AM
So, I'm very psyched for their show in VT on the 14th.  I have an extra ticket and, after posting it here and asking friends, to no avail, I've decided to take my oldest daughter, Katherine, to her first show.  Seems like a good choice.  She's 10, btw.

You're in for some good times, JY! Saw 'em last night in Birmingham and they really did kill it. The sound was perfect, bass was loud, and Brittney (Brittany?) could've been any number of the hallowed motown/soul voices from the past. She was so visibly into it.

I think it will be a great concert experience to share w/ your daughter too  :thumbsup:

P.S. I know you're a poster guy, so check out the posters. they're cool and only 10 bucks this tour.
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

Fully

It will be a great show for her. We had such a good time Friday night. The hometown crowd was so pumped for them and they did not disappoint. I mentioned in another thread that I met a man there whose son does their lights. He proudly told me how they had grown up practicing in his garage. This band was one of the most exciting I've seen live in awhile - so much energy.

davymac

Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 27, 2012, 11:14 AM
Got tix for the Brooklyn show and the Georgia Theater show in Athens.

I'll be at the GA theater too...anyone else gonna make this show?

johnnYYac

Quote from: EasyRyder on Apr 01, 2012, 10:58 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 01, 2012, 07:44 AM

You're in for some good times, JY! Saw 'em last night in Birmingham and they really did kill it. The sound was perfect, bass was loud, and Brittney (Brittany?) could've been any number of the hallowed motown/soul voices from the past. She was so visibly into it.

I think it will be a great concert experience to share w/ your daughter too  :thumbsup:

P.S. I know you're a poster guy, so check out the posters. they're cool and only 10 bucks this tour.
Thanks for the endorsements, Easy and Fully!  I'm really looking forward to it and hope Katherine enjoys it, too.  With me for her Dad, she needs to get into live music!

Penny Lane

Quote from: davymac on Apr 01, 2012, 11:50 AM

i got two tix to that thinking i was gonna fly into ATL and go down to BIRM on Friday (for the Drive-by Truckers) but am flying into BIRM on Friday--transferred the tix to my friend. that's going to be an awesome show, DAVY. EasyRyder said Cooley was at the show last night! sweeeeet.....

Fully-glad you loved!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Fully

Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 01, 2012, 08:58 PM
Quote from: davymac on Apr 01, 2012, 11:50 AM

i got two tix to that thinking i was gonna fly into ATL and go down to BIRM on Friday (for the Drive-by Truckers) but am flying into BIRM on Friday--transferred the tix to my friend. that's going to be an awesome show, DAVY. EasyRyder said Cooley was at the show last night! sweeeeet.....

Fully-glad you loved!

So this means that I will see you in Birmingham after all. Good! I'm looking forward to it.