The Deep Dark Woods

Started by YouAre_GivenToFly, Oct 20, 2011, 09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouAre_GivenToFly

These guys are a little Canadian folk/country/alt/indie band. Just heard of them this week, and they're pretty darn good. A little bit of Tom Petty, Prairie Wind-era Neil Young, Sam Bush, mixed with a bunch of other stuff that I'm terrible at describing. They aren't going to set the world on fire, but this mellow music is pretty excellent for an autumn afternoon.

The Deep Dark Woods - The Sun Never Shines

Westside Street - The Deep Dark Woods
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

woodnymph

Nice stuff, these guys are swingin through Asheville in November, opening for Robert Earl Keen (sounds like someone I should know, via this forum.... one of the talented 3-named guys I hear about but haven't looked much into  yet.....)  But.... it's the day before Medeski, Martin, and Wood, so it may not work out for me..... but I dig their sound!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

woodnymph

When I read their name, it keeps making me sing

M.Ward- Deep Dark Well

for some reason.....
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

evilurges86

Been getting hooked on these guys since someone shared a youtube video on one the threads. The band's fb fan site shared this today:

MediaFire
www.mediafire.com
DeepDarkWoods.Liveat.TheBirchmere.zip

:thumbsup:
"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness"

Penny Lane

Quote from: woodnymph on Oct 20, 2011, 10:18 PM
Nice stuff, these guys are swingin through Asheville in November, opening for Robert Earl Keen (sounds like someone I should know, via this forum.... one of the talented 3-named guys I hear about but haven't looked much into  yet.....)  But.... it's the day before Medeski, Martin, and Wood, so it may not work out for me..... but I dig their sound!

somehow i missed this thread--i saw them open for up for Robert Earl Keen on Friday (the WORST frat boy wanna be cowboy crowd EVER)..but REK was great...

the DDW opened for them and they were terrific...his voice reminds me of a murkier Townes Van Zandt--they did some countryish stuff but they also did some spacey jams + an incredible cover of The Man in Me...
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 23, 2012, 03:47 PM
Quote from: woodnymph on Oct 20, 2011, 10:18 PM

somehow i missed this thread--i saw them open for up for Robert Earl Keen on Friday (the WORST frat boy wanna be cowboy crowd EVER)..but REK was great...

the DDW opened for them and they were terrific...his voice reminds me of a murkier Townes Van Zandt--they did some countryish stuff but they also did some spacey jams + an incredible cover of The Man in Me...

The Man in Me?!?  :thumbsup:
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

EasyRyder

"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

Jellyfish

Listening to the Birchmere show right now.I really dig these guys.I can't get enough of their new album.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

dragonboy

Seeing them next week  :thumbsup:
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Angelo

I see that they've got a new song available that's appearing on a soundtrack.