Started by restlesssoul, Oct 24, 2011, 02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

restlesssoul

My First
A Song I Made Up

Thanks for watching, what do you think?
2006X5, 2008x2, 2011x2, 2012x1, 2013x1, 2015x2

Jaimoe

Some lyrics with vocals perhaps? Curious regarding your technique: Is there a reason why you only strum down? And have you ever consider using a slide for this? It seems a logical choice. 

restlesssoul

ive only been playing for 10 months, and in this song, my first, i only strum down, i strum up and down for other stuff. im having a lot of fun with the process of learning the guitar, a lot more involved than i couldve imagined. thanks for the reply!  :thumbsup:
2006X5, 2008x2, 2011x2, 2012x1, 2013x1, 2015x2

sweatboard

Quote from: restlesssoul on Oct 25, 2011, 12:48 AM
ive only been playing for 10 months, and in this song, my first, i only strum down, i strum up and down for other stuff. im having a lot of fun with the process of learning the guitar, a lot more involved than i couldve imagined. thanks for the reply!  :thumbsup:

Pretty impressive for only 10 months......worth of stickers.  You have nowhere to go now sticker wise.  Seriously though, keep it up, it's only about what you can accomplish and get out of it.......trust me, I know   

my only tip would be to slow down.  I think many players think the faster they play the better they are....not true.  make the chords ring true. 
There's Still Time.........

Jaimoe

Quote from: sweatboard on Oct 25, 2011, 01:35 AM
Quote from: restlesssoul on Oct 25, 2011, 12:48 AM

Pretty impressive for only 10 months......worth of stickers.  You have nowhere to go now sticker wise.  Seriously though, keep it up, it's only about what you can accomplish and get out of it.......trust me, I know   

my only tip would be to slow down.  I think many players think the faster they play the better they are....not true.  make the chords ring true.

Yes, it's harder to play slow. You have to think and choose notes wisely; melody is most important.

sweatboard

I remember the first time I saw MMJ, and I know it's a cliché but they really did Stop Time.  Jim was playing Golden or Bermuda Highway, I think, and it looked and sounded like they were on some different plane. One that I was happy to join them on.  They remind me of The Cure in that way.   
There's Still Time.........

Jaimoe

Quote from: sweatboard on Oct 25, 2011, 03:35 AM
I remember the first time I saw MMJ, and I know it's a cliché but they really did Stop Time.  Jim was playing Golden or Bermuda Highway, I think, and it looked and sounded like they were on some different plane. One that I was happy to join them on.  They remind me of The Cure in that way.   

Please NOOOO with comparison to the Cure!! I've always respectfully hated their music; drives me fucking crazy.