Main Menu

Springsteen

Started by ericm, Nov 11, 2011, 07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

Quote from: MrWhippy on Mar 22, 2012, 08:38 PM
So far the only rewarding thing about repeatedly checking Ticketmaster for releases of prime seats for the Tampa show tomorrow was the chuckle I got from one of the captcha words being "upbut".

No good ticket drops yet, but I'm holding out in hopes that faith will be rewarded.

They'll be there, and it will be. :thumbsup: I noticed some paperless ( sect.112) being dropped today, so they're getting closer to the stage . I wouldn't settle for anything farther away than 117 or 130. I'd look for 118 or 129, but I'm picky.  ;) (118 Used to be Clarence's side) 117 if it's a high seat # close to 118 ,or 130 low seat # close to 129;) would work for me.  They'll be dropped, I'm sure. Patience, and faith.   :beer: 

Last time in Tampa we had a high seat # in 117,row C or D, and could see the tears on their faces all night during the "Danny" show. Would've loved to be in 118, but I got our tix at the onsale, and didn't try to upgrade during the drop. Some tix in 118, along with the first rows in our section were dropped for that show. Tampa starts with row A, no double letters or anything there.

The really good ones for the  G'Boro show the other day were dropped around noon the day of the show. The only shows that most likely won't have much of a drop online will be MSG, and maybe DC. imo. Too many VIP's to take care of. There might be a trickle of tix at the box office for those shows, but not a hell of a lot, and people will be lining up early in the day for those.

Good luck, and enjoy the show.
"Where's Jim going?"

aMillionDreams

The Boss' appearance on Fallon was pretty great.  Definitely check out "E Street Shuffle" featuring The Roots and Tom Morello.

http://theaudioperv.com/2012/03/03/bruce-springsteen-visits-fallon-videos/
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

ericm

Quote from: aMillionDreams on Mar 22, 2012, 11:56 PM
The Boss' appearance on Fallon was pretty great.  Definitely check out "E Street Shuffle" featuring The Roots and Tom Morello.

http://theaudioperv.com/2012/03/03/bruce-springsteen-visits-fallon-videos/

Nice!  :thumbsup:

Posted this from Fallons site earlier in the thread, but they were only available for 24 hours. Glad to have them all in one place, and available again.

E St. Shuffle is definitely fun, and love this version.
"Where's Jim going?"

MrWhippy

Great show in Tampa tonight.

After the first couple shows that were a bit unspired in their picks of older songs, things came a little unhinged tonight. 

Some of the interesting older picks included Prove it All Night, Does this Bus Stop at 82nd St.?, Talk to Me (from a sign request), Atlantic City, 41 Shots, Radio Nowhere.  Really a pleasant surprise after the first couple setlists. 

Also, the show just felt somewhat fresh and new.  I'm a big fan of the new record, and all that material was great live.  I was also very happy to see some leftovers from the 2007 to 2009 tour not appear this time, such as American Land in the encores. 

Man, the "Big man joined the band" line in 10th Avenue Freeze Out is an emotional moment.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

ericm

Quote from: MrWhippy on Mar 24, 2012, 01:28 AM
Great show in Tampa tonight.

After the first couple shows that were a bit unspired in their picks of older songs, things came a little unhinged tonight. 

Some of the interesting older picks included Prove it All Night, Does this Bus Stop at 82nd St.?, Talk to Me (from a sign request), Atlantic City, 41 Shots, Radio Nowhere.  Really a pleasant surprise after the first couple setlists. 

Also, the show just felt somewhat fresh and new.  I'm a big fan of the new record, and all that material was great live.  I was also very happy to see some leftovers from the 2007 to 2009 tour not appear this time, such as American Land in the encores. 

Man, the "Big man joined the band" line in 10th Avenue Freeze Out is an emotional moment.

Glad to hear you got the changes mentioned. All good subs.  8)  I've heard the "Talk To Me", and it's a great version!   :thumbsup:   :thumbsup: It sounds like it was a helluva good show.   I'd sign up for that setlist right now, especially this early in the 1st leg. This bodes real well for the rest of the leg, and the upcoming ones as well,imo.  :thumbsup:

There's a nice sounding recording of the show out there now. Do you have it? Let me know if you don't.

I'm getting real antsy to get my Bruce fix.   ;) This coming week is going to be rough getting through work, while looking forward to going to the Philly shows on Wednesday, and Thursday.

Will you be hitting any other shows this leg? Let me know if you decide to make a trip up to Philly, and we'll grab a beer or some food pre-show. Philly, and MSG are my two favorite spots to see a Bruce show. I'd even have to lean towards Philly as my top spot, and I'm not much a fan of anything Philly. It is a GREAT Rock and Roll town,imo.
"Where's Jim going?"

MrWhippy

The DC show is probably the only other one on my itinerary for this leg.  I'd love to go up to Philly, but it's probably not in the cards for this week.  I might consider the final night of this leg in Newark, and chance that you would do that one?

I'm grabbing the Tampa recording now.  If there is a good youtube of "Talk to Me", you might want to check it out, as Bruce really hams it up with Patti at one part of the song.

ericm

Quote from: MrWhippy on Mar 25, 2012, 05:01 PM
The DC show is probably the only other one on my itinerary for this leg.  I'd love to go up to Philly, but it's probably not in the cards for this week.  I might consider the final night of this leg in Newark, and chance that you would do that one?

I'm grabbing the Tampa recording now.  If there is a good youtube of "Talk to Me", you might want to check it out, as Bruce really hams it up with Patti at one part of the song.

I might do the Rock in Newark, but don't have a ticket yet. I'm trying to keep my first leg #'s down,  ;) ( 4 and counting) and looking to do a bunch on leg 2. So we'll see. If my work schedule lines up like yours did in Tampa, I might be staying up that way around that time. If so, it just might be what tips the scales in favor of going. I'll keep you posted.
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

Two more sleeps til Philly!  :D

"Where's Jim going?"

headhunter

Quote from: ericm on Mar 26, 2012, 03:29 PM

Have a GREAT time my friend.  can't wait to hear the details!  MSG two wks from tonight!
was some shakin' and some record playin'

ericm

Quote from: headhunter on Mar 26, 2012, 08:11 PM
Quote from: ericm on Mar 26, 2012, 03:29 PM

Have a GREAT time my friend.  can't wait to hear the details!  MSG two wks from tonight!

Thanks Jeff, you know I will.  :beer:

I'll try and get some details up after Philly1. I'm sure I'll be amped for a bit after the show, but definitely gonna sleep well after Philly2. ;)

Really looking forward to the MSG show with you, and Penny.  8)

Looks like Mr. Whippy got a helluva show in Tampa on Friday! Have you heard any of it? I hope he keeps dropping some "Promise" tunes in. I know I'd love to get a "Talk To Me". I'm really psyched that he seems to be changing it up this early in leg 1.  :thumbsup: He didn't do much of that at all on the 1st legs of The Rising, Magic, and WOAD tours.

Here's hoping Tampa wasn't a one-off. Tonight in Boston should give some idea of which way he's heading. Fingers crossed for another varied setlist.
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

Tonight's Boston setlist:

Start 8:13pm ET

1. We Take Care of Our Own
2. Wrecking Ball
3. Badlands
4. Death to My Hometown
5. My City of Ruins
6. THUNDERCRACK (dedicated to a 17-year old in the pit)
7. Jack of all Trades
8. JACKSON CAGE
9. SHE'S THE ONE (Chris says Jake nailed the solo)
10. Easy Money
11. Waitin' on a Sunny Day
12. The Promised Land
13. The Way You Do The Things You Do
14. 634-5789
15. American Skin (41 Shots)
16. Lonesome Day
17. The Rising
18. We Are Alive
19. Thunder Road

"Thank you Boston..you always bring it 100% up here."
Food Bank PSA

20. Rocky Ground w/Michelle Moore
21. Land of Hope and Dreams
22. Born to Run
23. Dancing in the Dark
24. RAISE YOUR HAND (w/Peter Wolf)
25. Tenth Avenue Freezeout

Show over at 11:04pm ET

2:51 is not too shabby for only the fourth show of the tour! Thundercracked!  8)

Will Philly get to three hours?  ;)
"Where's Jim going?"

ericm

Mr. Whippy you lucky dog you!!   ;D  Just found this clip from Tampa, and wish I was there. Hopefully he'll keep it around.  8)

"Talk To Me" from Tampa:

Talk to Me - Springsteen - Tampa March 23, 2012
"Where's Jim going?"

MrWhippy

The Day has come, Eric.

Enjoy the Philly shows!

ericm

Quote from: MrWhippy on Mar 28, 2012, 05:32 AM
The Day has come, Eric.

Enjoy the Philly shows!

Thanks. Pretty amped that he's back on tour, and his Philly shows are always a blast!

I've just got to get through work til around 1:00, and then I'm off. Looking forward to hearing the new ones, and having two days of Bruce shows! It's going to be strange sitting on what was always Clarence's side, and not seeing him there. I imagine that's gonna be a bit rough for me, but like Bruce said, "Clarence didn't leave the E St. Band when he died, he leaves when we die". Here's hoping the Big Man's presence is still there. :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

headhunter

Here's hoping the Big Man's presence is still there. :beer:

You know it will be!   Have a rockin' good time Eric.

ericm

Quote from: headhunter on Mar 28, 2012, 10:57 AM

Yeah,I'm sure it will be, but I'm gonna miss seeing that Big Man smile.

Thanks Jeff, you know I'll do my best,  ;)  and hoping we get a Philly fave "Incident On 57th St" at one of theses shows.  :thumbsup: Heading out soon. 
"Where's Jim going?"

headhunter

Quote from: ericm on Mar 28, 2012, 02:33 PM
Quote from: headhunter on Mar 28, 2012, 10:57 AM

Yeah,I'm sure it will be, but I'm gonna miss seeing that Big Man smile.

Thanks Jeff, you know I'll do my best,  ;)  and hoping we get a Philly fave "Incident On 57th St" at one of theses shows.  :thumbsup: Heading out soon.

THAT would make me really jealous!!!  (but i hope you get it)

ericm

Fun time in Philly tonight. Pretty much what I thought we'd get for a night 1 of 2.

Too much to recall just now, but a few bullet points til later.

Several goose bump/tear shedding for the Big Man moments. 

Holy shit is this band tight! It's only the 5th show of the tour, and there are 16-18 people up there. I can only imagine how much fun the European shows, and 2nd US leg are going to be.

Looked forward as usual to hearing the new stuff, and they were all fantastic! Can't wait to hear some more.  :thumbsup:

Bruce and the band are definitely having as much fun as I've ever seen. Hard to believe they can play some tunes that are almost 40 years old, and keep them fresh, and as lively as ever.

Love a Philly Bruce crowd. Hanging on every word, every note, and as loud as could be.  8)

More later.....

I don't give a damn for the same old played out scenes baby,
I don't give a damn for the in betweens honey,
I want the heart, I want the soul!

With her long hair flowing,
and her eyes that shine like a midnight sun........

Here's tonight's setlist:
Intro at 20:19

1. We Take Care Of Our Own
2. Wrecking Ball
3. Badlands
4. Death to My Hometown
5. My City of Ruins
6. SEASIDE BAR SONG
7. Does this Bus Stop at 82nd Street?
8. Jack of All Trades
9. Atlantic City
10. Easy Money
11. She's The One
12. Waiting on a Sunny Day
13. The Promised Land
14. Apollo Medley
15. American Skin (41 Shots)
16. Lonesome Day
17. The Rising
18. We Are Alive
19. Thunder Road
20. Rocky Ground (With Michelle Moore)
21. Land of Hope and Dreams
22. Born To Run
23. Dancing in the Dark
24. Raise Your Hand
25. Tenth Avenue Freeze Out

Show Over: 23:10
"Where's Jim going?"

Fully

That looks like a great show, Eric. I'm glad you had a good time!

Crispy

That is AWESOME, Eric, wish I had been there with you!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"