Main Menu

It Beats 4 U

Started by Jazz Bear, Dec 08, 2011, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazz Bear

Has anyone ever noticed how the synth/keyboard part at the end of It Beats 4 U sounds like the sound owls would make if they could sing?

woodnymph

Quote from: Jazz Bear on Dec 08, 2011, 12:43 AM
Has anyone ever noticed how the synth/keyboard part at the end of It Beats 4 U sounds like the sound owls would make if they could sing?

You betcha!!!   Good ear!  :thumbsup:
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

HIGH on SOUND

I'm almost positive what you are referring to is actually Andrew Bird whistling...

sweatboard

I'm going with the dude that has a screen name of "HIGH ON SOUND" on  this one.  Andrew Bird does some beutiful damage on this track
There's Still Time.........

Jazz Bear

Ah wow I think you're right! I checked the Z album notes and it credits Andrew Bird with "strings and whistles on Gideon, Into The Woods, and It Beats 4 U." I would've never guessed. That's awesome. Cool shit thanks guys! And props to Mr. Bird that's some very impressive whistling.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: HIGH on SOUND on Dec 08, 2011, 11:59 PM
I'm almost positive what you are referring to is actually Andrew Bird whistling...

This is correct.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Tracy 2112

Quote from: HIGH on SOUND on Dec 08, 2011, 11:59 PM

We used to have a thread that asked if you liked the studio version of Bird whistling or the live version with Jim doing the ooooohs and aahhhhs.

It was 50/50
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

davymac

I had no idea andrew bird helped with Z! That's awesome!