Smashing Pumpkins reissues

Started by ralph, Dec 09, 2011, 07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralph

Is anyone else digging on the Gish & Siamese Dreams Reissues? These two records take me right back to my Uni days. Spent A LOT of time with both of them back in the day...

Gish in particular sounds fantastic. You can really hear the guitar parts. Siamese Dream always sounded perfect to me and from what I can tell the remaster doesnt mess around with the original sound too much.

And the disc of b-sides and rarities have some real gems on them.  Yet to watch either DVD but looking forward to getting around to em.

I like to remember SP this way.

At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

tdb810

Hey Ralph! I had heard about this, but as with many things, had promptly forgotten.  Anyway, listening to the remastered Siamese Dream now.  Thanks for the reminder  ;)  Ahhh, good times, good times!
.....Back at the Model Home

ALady

Quote from: ralph on Dec 09, 2011, 07:59 PM
I like to remember SP this way.

Ain't that the truth?   ;D

I haven't heard the remasters yet, but I've always thought Gish is a pretty flawless record front to back.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

MrWhippy

Really loving the Gish reissue as well, particularly the disc of rarities.  That has always been my favorite of theirs, but Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie are pretty great as well.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

Ghosts_on_TV

Mellon Collie is my favorite album, you have no idea how happy I was to hear they were re issueing it on vinyl. Meant I could stop trying to hunt down a real (there are bootlegs. A lot of them) copy of it for $500. I was willing to pay it too. I hope they don't fuck with the cover though like they did with Gish and SD.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

bowl of soup

Gish and SD are just perfect rock records.  I think the reissue stuff is all a bit silly, but cool to see new light on these albums.  Saw them in New Orleans after SD and it was an amazing show - just an attack.  It left quickly for me after SD; Mellon Collie was tolerable - the rest, not so much.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Ghosts_on_TV

I always felt that Adore was extremely underrated.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ralph

I agree Ghosts, Adore is a great record...
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.