New Orleans Jazz Fest 2012

Started by Sassbox, Dec 13, 2011, 09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sassbox

God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

Sassbox

Preservation Hall's 50th Anniversary, too.

Penny Lane

I'm so there.

JACKET FEST NOLA 2012!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

LowdownCheatin

Tag 'em and bag 'em! I would expect them to play the second weekend, perhaps in Thursday headlining role Wilco occupied this year. Aren't the guys rumored to play Memphis in May? If so, the second weekend makes more sense.

EasyRyder

"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

Sassbox

Quote from: LowdownCheatin on Dec 13, 2011, 10:17 PM
Tag 'em and bag 'em! I would expect them to play the second weekend, perhaps in Thursday headlining role Wilco occupied this year. Aren't the guys rumored to play Memphis in May? If so, the second weekend makes more sense.

Yeah, I'd expect to see them headline Acura and that Wilco spot makes sense. They'd be a great Friday headliner, though. Or Saturday. Or Sunday.  :D

Full lineup due at midnight (CT, I believe). We should know which weekend then.

Penny Lane

Quote from: EasyRyder on Dec 13, 2011, 10:20 PM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Dec 13, 2011, 09:54 PM
I'm so there.

JACKET FEST NOLA 2012!

+2

i knew it, JP! just sent Seth a text message..

you know there's going to be a special night time show with PHJB!

Sassbox

Crap. Full lineup is out, but not broken down by weekend yet. I don't think I'm going to do both weekends this year, so we shall see...

http://lineup.nojazzfest.com/

EasyRyder

Quote from: Penny Lane on Dec 13, 2011, 10:27 PM
Quote from: EasyRyder on Dec 13, 2011, 10:20 PM
I'm so there.

JACKET FEST NOLA 2012!

+2

i knew it, JP! just sent Seth a text message..

you know there's going to be a special night time show with PHJB!

There MUST be! Nothing will stand between me and tickets to that after having to stand outside of Pres. Hall in 2010 trying to listen thru cracks in the doors  ;D

Hopefully PHJB and Yim will have collaborative sets like Voodoo too! Good times to be had in April, good times indeed :)

EasyRyder

Quote from: Sassbox on Dec 13, 2011, 10:33 PM
Crap. Full lineup is out, but not broken down by weekend yet. I don't think I'm going to do both weekends this year, so we shall see...

http://lineup.nojazzfest.com/

levon helm band w/ mavis staples and sharon jones and the dap kings, pres hall 50th anniversay JAM!!! Gary Clark, Jr., Bunnie Wailer, Herbie Hancock....some serious decision making will need to be done on these weekends  :o

I just might have to attend all of them.

Sassbox

I think we're due another headliner (or two). Rumor all day has been the special announcement (which never came) is Bruce.

EasyRyder

Quote from: Sassbox on Dec 13, 2011, 10:39 PM
I think we're due another headliner (or two). Rumor all day has been the special announcement (which never came) is Bruce.

I do too. It's kind of strange to have Trombone Shorty in the number one spot I think.

lil sis

Hey now--this would be a lovely birthday gift to myself.  Wheels are turning.  :o
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

Penny Lane

Quote from: Sassbox on Dec 13, 2011, 10:39 PM

Supposedly Bruce isn't playing any gigs till he plays the European shows so I kept reading he was OUT, but who knows! This is part of the fun of it! I'd love to take the week off and do both weekends...but I gotta go with the MMJ, Steve Earle, Eagles weekend..(yes EAGLES!)

Sassbox

Sassbox

Oh, and there's a TBA on first weekend, but given the lineup placement and Tom Petty that weekend, I doubt it's Bruce.

NoVa_NoLa

I'm so there.

JACKET FEST NOLA 2012!

It's so nice of the band to re-pay me for flying around the country to see them by playing a block from my apartment.  ;)

Typing from Jacket Fest NoLa Headquarters  :beer:

NoVa_NoLa

Quote from: Sassbox on Dec 13, 2011, 11:07 PM
Oh, and there's a TBA on first weekend, but given the lineup placement and Tom Petty that weekend, I doubt it's Bruce.

I was thinking Radiohead...based on the rumors, but I'm not sure that we have Radiohead money.

Jackets N Pones

See everyone there! I think Beale Street in Memphis is happening as well so schedule accordingly!

Also, please post if you hear anything about a show at Pres Hall the evening of the Jazz Fest show - still bummed I missed out on this last time!
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire