New Orleans Jazz Fest 2012

Started by Sassbox, Dec 13, 2011, 09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon T.

This would mean MMJ are out for Hanout right?  Radius clause and all?  NOLA and Gulf Shores can't be any more than 180 miles apart.

May have to start looking into this!

headhunter

Mrs. Headhunter & I just booked a room at The Sheraton by The French Quarter for the 2nd weekend. 

Who's gonna join us?
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Jon T.

Quote from: headhunter on Dec 14, 2011, 09:09 AM
Mrs. Headhunter & I just booked a room at The Sheraton by The French Quarter for the 2nd weekend. 

Who's gonna join us?

Mrs. T and I!  I have a connection three blocks west on Carondelet St. that I'm checking into.  It'll be a different hotel, but spittin' distance.   :beer:

My Morning Tube top

Didn't think they'd be back so soon!  :thumbsup:

Love me some NOLA Jazz Fest love. Need to get my Maple leaf on anyway!

Shug

How hard is it to get into the special late night/Preservation Hall  MMJ shows when they play Jazz Fest?  How do you get the tickets?  Any info from you guys who have been before would be much appreciated.  Thanks!
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

Jon T.

Quote from: Shug on Dec 14, 2011, 11:52 AM
How hard is it to get into the special late night/Preservation Hall  MMJ shows when they play Jazz Fest?  How do you get the tickets?  Any info from you guys who have been before would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Please, please, please let Roll Callers have a shot at this!

SnowRock

serendipitous.. just locked in a 2nd weekend hotel and flight last week. Really need them to pull Sat or Sun though. Beyond MMJ pretty stoked with lineup as well.

Penny Lane

Getting the Pres Hall tix will be a crap shoot, but I'll be checking every day from here until the fest so if I see something, i'll PM people on this thread...they'll sell out in one day if they do something special.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

BH

Quote from: Penny Lane on Dec 16, 2011, 10:38 AM
Getting the Pres Hall tix will be a crap shoot, but I'll be checking every day from here until the fest so if I see something, i'll PM people on this thread...they'll sell out in one day if they do something special.

Keep me on that list please!   ;)  :-*
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

NoVa_NoLa

If they play Pres. Hall again, I'll be walking around with a laptop at all times.  Missed the onsale last time b/c of a meeting...tickets will be tough regardless...very, very small room.  The percentage of tickets to RC members would mean maybe 10 tix total.  Doubt there will be a Roll Call pre-sale if the show happens.

Anyhow, I'm hoping for a bigger night time show.  The Joy Theatre will be available during Jazz Fest and maybe either the State or the Saenger will be in play...Or the Mahalia Jackson would be nice too.  At this point, my hope of them playing Tip's is fantasy. ...or Roll Call Memebers show at Tip's?   ;) :)

Jon T.

Quote from: BH on Dec 16, 2011, 10:42 AM

Samesies.

yes, i just said samesies.   :embarassed:

Jon T.

Quote from: NoVa_NoLa on Dec 16, 2011, 10:45 AM
If they play Pres. Hall again, I'll be walking around with a laptop at all times.  Missed the onsale last time b/c of a meeting...tickets will be tough regardless...very, very small room.  The percentage of tickets to RC members would mean maybe 10 tix total.  Doubt there will be a Roll Call pre-sale if the show happens.

Anyhow, I'm hoping for a bigger night time show.  The Joy Theatre will be available during Jazz Fest and maybe either the State or the Saenger will be in play...Or the Mahalia Jackson would be nice too.  At this point, my hope of them playing Tip's is fantasy. ...or Roll Call Memebers show at Tip's?   ;) :)

Yes!!! Should we start a petition?  ???

Penny Lane

Quote from: Jon T. on Dec 16, 2011, 10:55 AM
Quote from: BH on Dec 16, 2011, 10:42 AM

Samesies.

yes, i just said samesies.   :embarassed:

ha ha...definitely...

and i agree with Nova---think it'll be a bigger venue...or else just industry people would get to the show at Pres Hall..how about Mahalia Jackson Theater?

vespachick

I'm working on this.  If I'm ever motivated to go somewhere, it's usually NoLa that's doing the motivating.  :beer:
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Penny Lane

Quote from: headhunter on Dec 14, 2011, 09:09 AM

Who's gonna join us?

Reserved a room at the Crown Plaza across the street! Thought about renting a house but would be too complicated. If you're gonna book, hurry. CP was one of the few you could get refundable rooms, most of the others are non-ref.

Sassbox

God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

darkglow

darkglow+1

po boys and bloody mary cocktails... don't mind if i do!

i have a tentative schedule for next year's class schedule and it looks like i'm free so i'm gonna go ahead and look into accommodations as i know they'll run scarce real soon.. the good places at least.. (i prefer the Queen and Crescent on down the way from where you guys are all booking.. but i know that the sheraton and the crown plaza are not a far walk. add me to the underground planning distro

Penny Lane

1. headhunter and MRS. H
2. Penny
3. NovaNola
4. Sassbox
5. darkglow +1

Penny Lane

Quote from: darkglow on Dec 16, 2011, 07:47 PM
darkglow+1

i have a tentative schedule for next year's class schedule and it looks like i'm free so i'm gonna go ahead and look into accommodations as i know they'll run scarce real soon.. the good places at least.. (i prefer the Queen and Crescent on down the way from where you guys are all booking.. but i know that the sheraton and the crown plaza are not a far walk. add me to the underground planning distro

i saw that hotel, what's good about it? maybe i should switch? I noticed most of the hotels (checked expedia and hotels.com) are non refundable at this point...

darkglow

Quote from: Penny Lane on Dec 16, 2011, 11:15 PM
Quote from: darkglow on Dec 16, 2011, 07:47 PM
darkglow+1

i saw that hotel, what's good about it? maybe i should switch? I noticed most of the hotels (checked expedia and hotels.com) are non refundable at this point...

sadface.. i just tried to make reservations on the Q&C website and they're booked full already.. "should've known better.. all those old letters.. always wanted to read"