3. NovaNola
4. Sassbox
5. darkglow +1
6. Tube Top

Tyler--book at the CP
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Fully

Fully + 1
I'm looking at reservations right now. There's a hotel in right behind Jackson Square that I usually stay at. I'll try the CP too.

Jon T.

1. headhunter and MRS. H
2. Penny
3. NovaNola
4. Sassbox
5. darkglow +1
6. Tube Top
7. Fully +1
8. Jon T +1

Looks like The Beach Boys were the TBA for weekend 1.  Still have a TBA for weekend 2!  Can't wait to see Levon w/Mavis Staples.

We'll be staying at the Hampton on Carondelet.  Nice hotel, great location.  A little pricey but that's been my NO home for 17 years now.  Can't break tradition. Another random tradition...  I've always eaten at Popeye's chicken at least once when I go.  This is weird because I work less than 2 miles from a Popeye's and never go.  When get to NO, I can't stay away.

This place, too.  http://portofcallnola.com/   :beer:

Fully

I like that The Dap Kings are going to be there on that weekend. I absolutely love Sharon and the band. It should be a very enjoyable weekend. With the humidity, I'll really live up to my name. My hair will be so big that people will beg me to sit down so that they can see the stage!

br00ke

1. headhunter and MRS. H
2. Penny
3. NovaNola
4. Sassbox
5. darkglow +1
6. Tube Top
7. Fully +1
8. Jon T +1
9. Brooke + ?

so one of my very good long time (phish) friends has never gone to NOLA or JF *gasp* and was after me to go this year a few months back. we booked for 1st weekend but after the lineup was announced i proclaimed that 1st weekend looked like a pile of poop compared to 2nd weekend and we must change ... so we did  :thumbsup: we were originally booked @ the Crown Plaza where Penny is and i think it's been changed to 2nd weekend as well. i really really wanted to get a house. after my 1st JF in .. forever ago .. i decided that would be the way to roll but alas, it is a pain in the ass and you really need to plan almost a year out or have alot of dough and a solid group behind you. so hotel it is !! i'm hoping we have more come with us to help shave the cost b/c right now it looks like my share will be $500 for 4 nights  :o i've been dragging ass on planning for this and told my friend .. talk to me after the new year. come on big bonus .. mama's got to get to JF !!

OH and if there is a show @ Pres. Hall during that weekend .. my ass will be there come hell or high water  :D

LowdownCheatin

Quote from: NoVa_NoLa on Dec 16, 2011, 10:45 AM
If they play Pres. Hall again, I'll be walking around with a laptop at all times.  Missed the onsale last time b/c of a meeting...tickets will be tough regardless...very, very small room.  The percentage of tickets to RC members would mean maybe 10 tix total.  Doubt there will be a Roll Call pre-sale if the show happens.

Anyhow, I'm hoping for a bigger night time show.  The Joy Theatre will be available during Jazz Fest and maybe either the State or the Saenger will be in play...Or the Mahalia Jackson would be nice too.  At this point, my hope of them playing Tip's is fantasy. ...or Roll Call Memebers show at Tip's?   ;) :)

1. headhunter and MRS. H
2. Penny
3. NovaNola
4. Sassbox
5. darkglow +1
6. Tube Top
7. Fully +1
8. Jon T +1
9. Brooke + ?
10. LowdownCheatin

An update on the Joy Theatre: http://www.nola.com/business/index.ssf/2011/12/joy_theater_on_canal_street_co.html

I agree with the previous posts that if there is an after show (Lord, please), it will be at a larger venue. Let's throw the Joy into the mix!

EasyRyder

1. headhunter and MRS. H
2. Penny
3. NovaNola
4. Sassbox
5. darkglow +1
6. Tube Top
7. Fully +1
8. Jon T +1
9. Brooke + ?
10. LowdownCheatin
11. EasyRyder +1

If they play Jazz Fest and Memphis in May will anyone be makin' that trip? I wonder if those back to back shows would make it less likely for a late nighter...

Either way I hope it's at the Mahalia Jackson! Tips would be unreal...they played there in 07 I think. So glad to see the forumites jumping on this  :bath:
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

Penny Lane

Easy-are you talking Beale Fest to Jazz Fest or straight Memphis shows?

If any of you wanna link up and split rooms, I think Seth wants in on this, too.

Also, they haven't added that other headliner yet for the 2nd weekend.

Also, trying to convince TEO and Crazylove to go!

(and ps, if you SEE or HEAR of any Pres Hall special show tix with the Jacket before it's officially announced, might not be good to post it ASAP, maybe you can PM us or buy up the tix first that way we're all covered before it's posted on here officially?)

Fully

It's possible that I would do both the Memphis music fest show and the JazzFest show. My +1 lives in Memphis. It looks like they are both on the same weekend.  We are still in the planning stage right now so I don't know. I'm also going to be a jerk by missing my niece's college graduation that weekend. But I'll give her a nice present. Graduations are boring.

Penny Lane

Quote from: Fully on Dec 18, 2011, 06:01 PM
I'm also going to be a jerk by missing my niece's college graduation that weekend. But I'll give her a nice present. Graduations are boring.

Atta girl!  ;) ;D

EasyRyder

Quote from: Penny Lane on Dec 18, 2011, 04:47 PM

If any of you wanna link up and split rooms, I think Seth wants in on this, too.

(and ps, if you SEE or HEAR of any Pres Hall special show tix with the Jacket before it's officially announced, might not be good to post it ASAP, maybe you can PM us or buy up the tix first that way we're all covered before it's posted on here officially?)

Yep, I meant whichever Memphis festival that is allegedly happening on that same weekend as the Jazz Fest show- sry bout that heha. I'm just trying to figure out how I'm gonna go about doing this. 

When did they announce the PHJB late night show in 2010? I definitely like the PM idea too. I'd even be up for a mass text message sort of thing between forum-folk who are on the list of this thread. Good idea/bad?

P.S. Fully- I just checked over your priorities, and they are in fact in order  :thumbsup:

Jon T.

Quote from: EasyRyder on Dec 18, 2011, 11:56 PM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Dec 18, 2011, 04:47 PM

Yep, I meant whichever Memphis festival that is allegedly happening on that same weekend as the Jazz Fest show- sry bout that heha. I'm just trying to figure out how I'm gonna go about doing this. 

When did they announce the PHJB late night show in 2010? I definitely like the PM idea too. I'd even be up for a mass text message sort of thing between forum-folk who are on the list of this thread. Good idea/bad?

P.S. Fully- I just checked over your priorities, and they are in fact in order  :thumbsup:

I'm all for these ideas.  What are the best ways to find out first?  I mean other than here?  I should be able to buy a good amount of tix if I find out in advance, but I probably won't be that quick. Should we start a PM thread with strategies? Good luck, everyone for this (as it stands) imaginary show. :D

Penny Lane

Jon--just sent you a PM

I think it's better to use text alerts rather than PMs on here because peoplel aren't on this all day sometimes.

EasyRyder

Yea I would've been up for buying up a bunch of tickets, but I don't have the fund-age. I'll PM my digits to anyone interested (Penny and JonT, sending you a PM now)!

Jackets N Pones

1. headhunter and MRS. H
2. Penny
3. NovaNola
4. Sassbox
5. darkglow +1
6. Tube Top
7. Fully +1
8. Jon T +1
9. Brooke + ?
10. LowdownCheatin
11. EasyRyder +1
12. Jackets N Pones + Jackets N Ags

Please keep me on the list for any aftershow of any kind! Also, I talked to Bo at the Houston show and it sounds like Beale Street in Memphis is happening.
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Jane

1. headhunter and MRS. H
2. Penny
3. NovaNola
4. Sassbox
5. darkglow +1
6. Tube Top
7. Fully +1
8. Jon T +1
9. Brooke + ?
10. LowdownCheatin
11. EasyRyder +1
12. Jackets N Pones + Jackets N Ags
13. Jane

NoVa_NoLa

Quote from: vespachick on Dec 16, 2011, 11:41 AM
I'm working on this.  If I'm ever motivated to go somewhere, it's usually NoLa that's doing the motivating.  :beer:

Like.   :)

NoVa_NoLa

For any new to New Orleans or Jazz Fest people coming down, please feel free to contact me with questions and what not.  Happy to help.

Tickets for night time shows --  if Pres. Hall does the Midnight Preserves series again and includes MMJ again, tix will be tough to get.  If memory serves, you have to buy online...though maybe I will mention that it would be nice for NoLa Locals to have a chance at some of those tix directly from the (non-existent) Pres. Hall Box Office.  :)

Anyhow, as soon as and if I hear anything, I'll text Penny and the phone relay will begin. Though hopefully, we'll get a full show in a larger room.   :thumbsup:

vespachick

Please add me to that list, Penny; I've gotta make this happen!
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Penny Lane

1. headhunter and MRS. H
2. Penny
3. NovaNola
4. Sassbox
5. darkglow +1
6. Tube Top
7. Fully +1
8. Jon T +1
9. Brooke + ?
10. LowdownCheatin