Main Menu

MMJ on Ping

Started by SuperKarateMonkyDC, Sep 04, 2010, 01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dillsnufus

why not huh? i hope they do it eventually. just another way for a person to discover a great band.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

el_chode

Quotewhy not huh? i hope they do it eventually. just another way for a person to discover a great band.

Ping is the biggest piece of crap possible. I signed up. I liked every single MMJ release. What did it do for me? Nothing, besides a shitload of suggestions I like U2 (my nemesis band) and Linkin Park.

What a waste
I'm surrounded by assholes

Dillsnufus

well need to friend people and when you have enough you get what they're listening/buying. customized top 10 . i mean is it needed? no but it's there and not so intrusive i think
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

el_chode

Quotewell need to friend people and when you have enough you get what they're listening/buying. customized top 10 . i mean is it needed? no but it's there and not so intrusive i think

I did a search for people I know are on Ping, and they didn't come up. I agree it's the right amount of non-intrusive, but I just don't see its purpose or anything really yet.

BigBossMan

apparently the bands featured on there are by invite only
It ain't evil baby if it ain't hurtin' anybody

Erik26

I'm not sure about Ping either... It seems like a good idea but it doensn't function as one.
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

columba78

Quotewhy not huh? i hope they do it eventually. just another way for a person to discover a great band.

Ping is the biggest piece of crap possible. I signed up. I liked every single MMJ release. What did it do for me? Nothing, besides a shitload of suggestions I like U2 (my nemesis band) and Linkin Park.

What a waste

Dito......I have the weirdest suggestions....I linked The Black Keys, MMJ and the likes and I got a bunch of crap suggestions as well

pancake

I haven't done much with ping yet. Tonight I did a search, and found My Morning Jacket now has an entry. There's nothing there at this point, just the band name.

e_wind

QuoteU2 (my nemesis band)
you and me both man.  i would love 5 minutes alone in a room a bono. it wouldn't be sexy, if thats what you're thinking...
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

My Morning Coffee

Ping is a joke.

Apple already had millions of people using the iTunes store, so to them it's a no brainer.  Build a social networking feature on top of it...and you're now "competing" against other social networks pretty much without really doing anything (other than the programming work)

Do not use Ping.  Do not collect $200.

Pandora or even the new great 8tracks.com is a better way of discovering new artists that match your taste.
~ I ain't often right, but I've never been wrong ~

el_chode

Give it time. I'm still bitter that they took away lala.com for this (supposedly there will be a web-based iTunes that will use the lala architecture)

But rumor has it that Ping is going to integrate with Facebook so that should streamline some of the content

el_chode

you and me both man.  i would love 5 minutes alone in a room a bono. it wouldn't be sexy, if thats what you're thinking...

They're my nemesis band even if Bono wasn't a douche, but his douchiness just makes it that much worse

e_wind

They're my nemesis band even if Bono wasn't a douche, but his douchiness just makes it that much worse

im 100% there with you man. I hate their music, but it's perfectly fine because he's such a loser
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

columba78

My thought on U2 ? It is band that people like that have no clue about good music but think they do because they are listing to U2.....