Happy Holidays and the best in 2012!!!

Started by johnnYYac, Dec 24, 2011, 09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

I just want to wish my forum brethren and sistren (?) the best during this holiday season and happiness in the New Year. 

By itself, the forum has provided me with ideas for good music, food, movies, TV, music, sports, politics, music, comedy, music, music, and music. 

But, perhaps more importantly, I've found some really special people from all over this world who share one singular thing - a love of My Morning Jacket. 

The great thing is, due to this common thread (or in spite of it), this place has attracted some of the nicest, coolest, most honest and sincere and NORMAL people I've ever met. 

Keep it up!

Love,

johnnYYac

And, while I could use MMJ here, I'll use this instead.  The lyrics say it well.  Thanks for this, headhunter.  Great album!

I Still Believe - Frank Turner - Official Video
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Fully

I think you've expressed exactly what I feel about the people on this forum. Have a great holiday and a wonderful new year!

searchinbig

Back at you Johnny, one of the coolest here!   :)

Happy Holidays to ALL!  :beer:
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

smhoffmann02

Well said, John.  May sound corny to some, but my life has truly been enriched (more than I can express in words) because of MMJ and this forum.

MERRY EVERYTHING AND CHEERS TO 2012!
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

el_chode

I got a good feeling about this one.

/I probably just cursed it.
I'm surrounded by assholes

Jaimoe

I've gotta work tonight and Christmas, overnight shifts. Sucks! My family home is 3 hours away, so no Christmas with mom, again (I'll be heading home on Boxing Day)! However, I'll be drinking on the job tonight at around midnight while watching Alastair Sim's Scrooge. Hopefully I'll get visited by Ebeneezer's three ghosts in person. Humbug! Tomorrow I may go skating at city hall's outdoor rink during my mealbreak while getting paid double-time-and-a-half. Tis the season.

Merry Christmas everyone and Happy Chanukah! I don't always chime in on all the threads, so best wishes to those with new family additions and battling health issues. Have a healthy and great 2012!   

peafunk31

Happy Holidays all! Best wishes for 2012 :beer:
Homer no function beer well without.

mahg33ta

Quote from: johnnYYac on Dec 24, 2011, 09:56 AM

But, perhaps more importantly, I've found some really special people from all over this world who share one singular thing - a love of My Morning Jacket. 

The great thing is, due to this common thread (or in spite of it), this place has attracted some of the nicest, coolest, most honest and sincere and NORMAL people I've ever met. 

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Merry Xmas / Happy Holidays to everyone on the forum- I look forward to more of the same in 2012!

evilurges86

Right back at ya!! I love this place too :) no matter what day I am having, i know i can come in here for a smile or good giggle. Just like today, Like many others im stuck working and far away from my family this year feeling a little bitter but istening to mmj brings me comfort and peace and makes the day feel less lonely, just like this forum.... god bless mmj. i feel bad for those who dont have mmj in there life!  ;D My ((<3)) to all of you, especially you lonely travellers like myself

"Dont let your silly dreams fall in between the crack of the bed"

Best wishes for the new year!
"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness"

headhunter

Well put Johnny.  Many of my best moments of 2011 were spent with many of the wonderful peeps on this forum.  And many of my best online moments come via this forum.

No better place on the interweb to visit.

Thanks everyone and a very happy holiday to you all.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Ghosts_on_TV

Nice post Johnny. Hope everyone is well and spending their holidays with people they care about. Cheers!  :beer:
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

capt. scotty

Happy Holidays yinz all!!! Here's to a great 2012  :thumbsup:
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ALady

Big mwah to all of you!  Some of my happiest moments this year were spent with forum folk.   I feel so grateful to have gotten to know you guys.  Best wishes to all for a happy, healthy 2k12!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

ralph

Happy holidays everyone!!  Currnetly have a belly full of Chritsmas lunch and just chillin' now for the rest of the day.

Hope everyone has a great end to 2011 and an even better 2012...
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

danz

woodnymph

HAPPY HOLIDAYS YINZ!!!  Yinz is right, I had to drop the ya'll for a brief interval, as I snuck back home to Pittsburgh tonight after work and surprised the living crap out of my family  :-X :-X :-X

I tip-toed through the sitting room and the kitchen, and when I went to turn the corner into the living room, I saw everyone still awake hanging out, and I piped up with "Iiiiiiiiii'lllll be hooooooome, for Christmaaaaaassss.... yooooooooouuu can coouuuuunnntt, on meeeeeeee........"  And havoc cut loose from then on  :D

I was on my lunch break xmas eve, when my grandma left the sweetest voicemail that was pretty long..... and there was just this tone in her voice.... and I knew then that I had to start planning a quick trip back today.  Gram is a-ok, but it just felt overwhelmingly important to head home this year, especially with the whole missing friend ordeal going on..........

The rest is kinda a long story, BUT, I got on the road at exactly 5:30pm, and the drive only took exactly 7 hours!!  I rolled in at 12:30, to my astonishment... (It's always been exactly 8 hours!!!)  Nicest drive ever..... 2 big rigs the whole time and hardly any other cars out on the road......

Now it is SO time for bed!!!

MAN IS IT GOOD TO BE HOME!!!!!

HAPPIEST HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!!   :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*  Love you allllll  :-*
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

dragonboy

Merry Christmas everyone & all the best for 2012!  :thumbsup:
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

MarkW

Feliz Navidad, amigos, and best wishes for 2012.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side