Nasvhille recommendations?

Started by walterfredo, Jan 04, 2012, 05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

Big thanks for all your input fully. If you happen to be around that week I'd gladly buy you a beer.  Actually, offer stands to anyone! I like beer.

ALady

They just remodeled the Cannery too, supposed to be real nice.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Fully

Quote from: walterfredo on Feb 14, 2012, 11:01 PM
Big thanks for all your input fully. If you happen to be around that week I'd gladly buy you a beer.  Actually, offer stands to anyone! I like beer.

I'm actually thinking of going to that North Mississippi All-Stars show. If so, I'll meet up with you there - if you end up going.

walterfredo

Quote from: Fully on Feb 15, 2012, 09:18 AM
Quote from: walterfredo on Feb 14, 2012, 11:01 PM

I'm actually thinking of going to that North Mississippi All-Stars show. If so, I'll meet up with you there - if you end up going.

kewl.  shoot me a pm if you think you're going to make it.  Thanks again for all the recs.

walterfredo

sorry to keep bumping this peeps.

Fully, or anyone in the know...I'll have all day Sunday and Monday wide open, anyone recommend some gook day hikes (weather dependent of course).  Would love to get outside and see the area. 

ALady

I think it's Montgomery Bell?  About an hour west of town.  Gorgeous.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Tracy 2112

Quote from: walterfredo on Feb 22, 2012, 05:41 PM
sorry to keep bumping this peeps.

Fully, or anyone in the know...I'll have all day Sunday and Monday wide open, anyone recommend some gook day hikes (weather dependent of course).  Would love to get outside and see the area.

Radnor Lake has some good hiking and is in town. I go there a couple of times a week.
You'll find a little less crowded up on the ridges.

http://www.radnorlake.org/welcome.html

Beamon is north of town:

http://www.beamanpark.org/

Old Stone Fort has a great hike near the river. It's in Manchester less than an hour:

http://tn.gov/environment/parks/OldStoneFort/
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

walterfredo

So I've been to Robert's western world...twice. So awesome!  Spent a couple hours at the station inn last night, open bluegrass jam session...about 30 musicians ranging in age from I'd say 15 to 80+ years old, effin amazing! Great rec tracy, thanks! Hit up third man records today, picked up a couple 7"s, Third Man Live: Alabama Shakes, and a Karen Elson (never heard of her) with Carl on pedal steel and jack lawrence, jack white and others. Visited hatch show prints, and ran 4 miles in centennial park. I spent all day yesterday hiking in Fall Creek Falls state park, so beautiful! Loving the 'ville.  Big thanks for all the great recs people.

Edit: just powered a French bread cheeseburger at Rotiers  :thumbsup:

Luna Moth

i missed this whole thread, looks like you conquered it in style, how was the water level on the falls? i havent been in years, the last time i went it was like a drip, very sad, i remember when it was huge.