MMJ @ Bonnaroo 2004

Started by johnnYYac, Jan 05, 2012, 10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

I suppose this belongs in Tapings, but it surely deserves double-billing...

My Morning Jacket @ Bonnaroo 2004

Mahgeeta
One Big Holiday
Golden
It Beats 4 U
Lowdown
The Way That He Sings
O is The One That Is Real
Dancefloors
Phone Went West
Cobra
At Dawn
"This is return to Thunderdome!"
Steam Engine

If you don't have this, cough up the $10 and download this sweet recording.  I am loving it tonight and imagine this may have slipped through some fingers.  Comes with nice cover art if you want to make a case, like this-

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

darkglow

this remains one of my favorite all time MMJ live recordings.. there's just something about it..

joey_rogo

This is where it all started for me. After I d/led this, and was amazed, I began d/ling ALL mmj recordings in a never ending process that continues to this day.

Also, check out the Archive recording of this show. Not as clean and crisp, but the poor guy got poured on and he left a few minutes of stormy sounds and rain and wind at the end of steam engine.

lasvegas

Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

Luna Moth

Quote from: joey_rogo on Jan 06, 2012, 08:14 AM
This is where it all started for me.

I may have purchased this one twice. Recently a few weeks ago. It was hot as fuck that day, remember walking around the outskirts of the show with friends and that OBH kicked ass and Cobra was fitting for everyone's "head" at the time. Then the storm started coming in and alot of people not at this show/in the back started leaving Centeroo to go tie down their tents and get ready for a monster TN thunderstorm. We thought that was a good idea and decided to retreat... Not too long after that Steam Engine started blowing up and the crowd was freaking out. They were playing on the original Which Stage and you could hear some outside of Centeroo, everyone started running back inside like "Fuuckkk it WOOOOO" (you can see it in the video). One of the most epic shows in Rock n Roll history. They will be forever remembered for conjuring up such an intense storm, physically and metaphysically.

My Morning Jacket - Golden, Steam Engine

Edit: still searching for a recording of Jim's press tent show.

blueslikehail

yep, this is the show that started it for me too.  i remember sitting in the back of the what stage area against the fence, trying to get some shade as this show started.  as they were opening with magheeta, all the groups of people around me were saying to each other, "damn, these guys sound really good.  and it just got better from there.

since then, i've probably listened to this show more than any other live performance by any band.  the songs, the sequencing...it just works so well.  it is hard to put into words what this show has meant to me emotionally, spiritually, and mentally over the years.  i think it kick-started my intense love of live music and music in general. 

i just wish i was up closer rocking out and not back by the fence or in the mist tent meeting up with friends.  although i was at the what stage for the entire show, i could have experienced it better.

thanks for the video luna moth, i've never seen any video of steam engine, and am downloading now.  i know it's been mentioned before, but damn it, somewhere there is full video of this show!  i would pay good money for it!
10 fer 10....every bonnaroo baby

evilurges86

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 05, 2012, 10:07 PM
I suppose this belongs in Tapings, but it surely deserves double-billing...

My Morning Jacket @ Bonnaroo 2004

Mahgeeta
One Big Holiday
Golden
It Beats 4 U
Lowdown
The Way That He Sings
O is The One That Is Real
Dancefloors
Phone Went West
Cobra
At Dawn
"This is return to Thunderdome!"
Steam Engine

If you don't have this, cough up the $10 and download this sweet recording.  I am loving it tonight and imagine this may have slipped through some fingers.  Comes with nice cover art if you want to make a case, like this-

what a delicious set list. I know what i will be doing tonight!!
"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness"

e_wind

My Morning Jacket - Golden, Steam Engine

that was one of the best videos ever. non stop chills. i love those guys too much! The end when Steam is done is so awesome, they're so excited.

I now have a yearning for music festival season, also
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

APR

Where have I been?  Or was this and the 2005 set just recently added to Bonnaroo's shows for sale? 

It's too late now, but I'll be listening to both tomorrow.  Great sound and the entire show for $10!  Phenomenal!

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: APR on Jan 14, 2012, 11:53 PM
Where have I been?  Or was this and the 2005 set just recently added to Bonnaroo's shows for sale? 

It's too late now, but I'll be listening to both tomorrow.  Great sound and the entire show for $10!  Phenomenal!

No, theve been around since roo started selling them.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus