Main Menu

Forecastle

Started by e_wind, Jan 19, 2012, 02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

Forecastle just posted this status "The day is coming..."
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Penny Lane

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 19, 2012, 02:41 PM
Forecastle just posted this status "The day is coming..."

sweet little festival! ...Jacket Fest Midwest
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

e_wind

I love Forecastle. Its the 10th anniversary, it's in jacket's home town, and AC Entertainment now owns it. I expect MMJ to there, as well as many other big names. I'll be buying tickets as soon as I can, regardless of the line up.

johnnYYac

'twould be a great excuse for my first trip to Louisville, but... the fest is July 13-15.  My wife's b-day is the 13th and my youngest daughter, Lauren's, is the 14th.  Unless... family vacation!  Hmmmm.  ::)
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

mahg33ta

I just killed 10 mins at work figuring out best airfare July 13 - 16th Bos to Louisville!

johnnYYac

Quote from: mahg33ta on Jan 19, 2012, 04:23 PM
I just killed 10 mins at work figuring out best airfare July 13 - 16th Bos to Louisville!
Let me know what you find...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

e_wind

If jacket fest midwest happens, I´ll happily help anyone that needs it in regards to: place to crash, someone to drink with, some one to show them a good time in louisville, someone to hang with, etc etc. Last forecastle we has quite a group of people we met at B'roo a few months before crash with us. Good times. I can't believe its been almost two years since the Flaming Lips crushed the closing show for Forecastle. man....

Fully

Nice. Not too far for me to go and before school starts back.

ALady

I would consider it if the lineup is right.  My buddy's parents live in Louisville and are always bugging us to visit.   ;D
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

megalicious

Sweet. I need a trip to the 'ville.

Sent from my MB520 using Tapatalk
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Penny Lane

the GALT HOUSE is awesome and it looks out onto the festival (if it's in the same place)

mgriff73

It's not in the same place.  They moved it to the great lawn park next to the river were they played in 08.  It's much bigger with more stages and not near as hot as it was previously.  I figured this was going to happen.  I just hope AC entertainment doesn't screw up this festival like Bonnaroo.

My brother owns two bars in louisville if ya'll are interested.  One is in St. Mathews and the other is on Bardstown road close to the venue.

e_wind

what bars mgriff? mollys?

Penny Lane

thanks, McGriff--

how far is the Great Lawn from that area where the Galt House is downtown? i forgot they moved it..i just went the one year (i think 2009?)

mgriff73

No. The Diamond bar and grill just up from that.  It's a cool place.  He has live music on the deck every night in the summer.

mgriff73

No problem Penny.  It's prolly half mile or so.  Not far.

e_wind

Quote from: mgriff73 on Jan 20, 2012, 11:03 AM
No. The Diamond bar and grill just up from that.  It's a cool place.  He has live music on the deck every night in the summer.

which one in the highlands? I know Diamonds pretty well. I just assumed it was Mollys because theres one highlands and one in st. matts. I hate mollys.

e_wind

penny, the great lawn is right next to the belvedere, where Forecastle was held (i think) a couple of years. Including 2009.

mgriff73

The one in the highlands just opened a few weeks ago and is in the old Jillian's building on barret. 

e_wind

hmmm, i don't know about that one. I in-between barret and baxter so I'll need to be checking it out