Exciting news to share...?

Started by oistheone, Jan 23, 2012, 11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilurges86

that could explain jims weight gain  ;D
"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness"

Dillsnufus

Gazziza My Dillsnufus

bluesky

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Jan 23, 2012, 08:04 PM
its def forecastle. i just wish theyd announce the t5 box already
https://twitter.com/#!/forecastle/status/160032192574128128

i don't tweet  :( , what does it say?

BigHerm

headhunter

Quote from: Penny Lane on Jan 23, 2012, 02:16 PM
Quote from: Cameron on Jan 23, 2012, 11:15 AM
probably more shows.  in my dream world Jim would be openeing for eddie vedder on his tour that is going to be announced very soon.

i have a dream about Jim and Eddie Vedder, too! ...it's a different sort of dream *sigh*

I know that dream.   :). Mine includes Grace Potter and her bass player.   ;)
was some shakin' and some record playin'

NoVa_NoLa

Maybe we'll get full Sprint tour dates today?  From Eric Mayers' twitter:

@Eric_Mayers
Eric Mayers
This falls in the "must buy before spring tour" category pocketartillery.com #awesome

e_wind

That could mean austrailia/Japan, but I'd love to see some march April dates. I'll be out of the country in may, but hope for that rather than nothing for everyone else sake
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

subinai

ITS 11 WHATS THE DEEAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

WSS2

there's a video on forecastle website...

exciting but was hoping for something else...take what you can get

e_wind

As a louisvillian and one who loves forecastle. I'm fucking PUMPED
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

mahg33ta

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 24, 2012, 11:07 AM

I am pumped too - great to have more MMJ on the radar for sure.  That said, it wasn't MINDBLOWING news for me.    They are headlining a festival.   If it were multiple nights that would be awesome.   The upside for me is in the "curating" - whatever that ends up being.   If they pick a bunch of bands with ties to MMJ, and the thing evolves more into a Wilco Solid Sound-ish festival vibe, that'd make me fucking pumped.

jonmayo15

Quote from: headhunter on Jan 23, 2012, 08:41 PM
probably more shows.  in my dream world Jim would be openeing for eddie vedder on his tour that is going to be announced very soon.

i have a dream about Jim and Eddie Vedder, too! ...it's a different sort of dream *sigh*

I know that dream.   :). Mine includes Grace Potter and her bass player.   ;)

Her bass player(Catherine Popper) left the band.  :'(

crazylove

Sounds like something I might be interested in ;)
"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: mahg33ta on Jan 24, 2012, 01:24 PM

I am pumped too - great to have more MMJ on the radar for sure.  That said, it wasn't MINDBLOWING news for me.    They are headlining a festival.   If it were multiple nights that would be awesome.   The upside for me is in the "curating" - whatever that ends up being.   If they pick a bunch of bands with ties to MMJ, and the thing evolves more into a Wilco Solid Sound-ish festival vibe, that'd make me fucking pumped.

They'll definitely be hand-picking all the bands.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Fully

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Jan 25, 2012, 12:16 AM
Quote from: mahg33ta on Jan 24, 2012, 01:24 PM

They'll definitely be hand-picking all the bands.

Jim's definitely been on a Shabazz Palaces kick this past fall....