What Does the Bathtub Mean?

Started by ALady, Jan 31, 2012, 12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALady

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ALady

Hawkeye

I see it as a very versatile emoticon:

"take a bath...relax."

"get soaked" or "enjoying a little bubbly" - get drunk

bath = clean living

take a bath (on something)
Sl. to accumulate large losses on a business transaction or an investment. (Alludes to getting soaked, a slang expression meaning "being heavily charged for something.") Sally took a bath on that stock that she bought. Its price went down to nothing. I'm afraid that I will take a bath on any investment I make.

lots of strip clubs have showers/tubs...just sayin

the up and down motion is also very suggestive
We could.

Fully

I want to  take a bubblebath with you.

You need a bath? :P

Crispy

Finally a thread to answer one of the most perplexing questions of our time!

I think it's a statement of the duality of man: the irresistible and hidden urges of the animal within battling the desire to appear innocent in the eyes of one's peers. And who doesn't occasionally need a 32x32 pixel animation to succinctly express that idea?

Or maybe it's just a cute bubble bath man person.

:bath:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ericm

Me in Atlantic City last month?  ;)
"Where's Jim going?"

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

ericm

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Jan 31, 2012, 06:39 PM

Reminds me of the ed commercial. Whenever I see that, I can't help but think that maybe if they were in the SAME tub, there wouldn't be any need for an ed pill!
"Where's Jim going?"

Fully

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 31, 2012, 05:12 PM
Finally a thread to answer one of the most perplexing questions of our time!

I think it's a statement of the duality of man: the irresistible and hidden urges of the animal within battling the desire to appear innocent in the eyes of one's peers. And who doesn't occasionally need a 32x32 pixel animation to succinctly express that idea?

Or maybe it's just a cute bubble bath man person.

It could be symbolic of rebirth as a baptismal scene. Much like in the movie Excalibur when Percivale is searching for the Holy Grail. He has to be washed of his impurities before he is worthy to retrieve the Grail. Perhaps this bath smiley face is a symbol that we who have been to many dusty concerts must wash away our transgressions the way we wash away the dust between our toes when we attend festivals. However, I tend to think that it views our festival attendance as a wasteland symbol (a teenage one at that) and suggests that once we experience the catharsis of a great show, we are born again when we dip into the soapy, cleansing water of the after festival bath. Whatever.

el_chode

Clearly the little person is masturbating as indicated by the bobbing and moving bubbles

So from now on, whenever anyone sees anyone use the tub, just know it means they rubbed one out to something.
I'm surrounded by assholes

Crispy

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Fully

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 01, 2012, 09:13 AM
Little Feat - Fat Man in the Bathtub
Crispy, in addition to your indepth analyzation that you've provided, now I can add the keyboard player's rump shakin' to the crush thread. Thank you, my friend; you're just too beautiful for words to describe. ::)

Crispy

Quote from: Fully on Feb 01, 2012, 09:22 AM
Quote from: Crispy on Feb 01, 2012, 09:13 AM
Little Feat - Fat Man in the Bathtub
Crispy, in addition to your indepth analyzation that you've provided, now I can add the keyboard player's rump shakin' to the crush thread. Thank you, my friend; you're just too beautiful for words to describe. ::)
HAHA! Lotta booty shakin' in that Little Feat vid.  ;D

Jon T.

Can we be entirely sure that Mr. Smiley isn't on the receiving end of a rusty trombone?   ???

ALady

Alas, we cannot.  Thus the cipher of the Bathtub Man bobs along.

Crispy

Quote from: ALady on Feb 01, 2012, 01:03 PM

We may never know what delights lurk beneath the sudsy waves of Smiley Bathtub Person's bath. I do like Fully's hypothesis, especially the Excalibur reference (my favorite movie when I was 17). Only the worthies of Simple Machines could alleviate our suffering, or it may be that all such knowledge has been lost with the passing of YaBB...

bluesky

it would be really nice if someone was in the tub with him for washing those hard to reach places

Fully

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 01, 2012, 01:12 PM
Quote from: ALady on Feb 01, 2012, 01:03 PM

We may never know what delights lurk beneath the sudsy waves of Smiley Bathtub Person's bath. I do like Fully's hypothesis, especially the Excalibur reference (my favorite movie when I was 17). Only the worthies of Simple Machines could alleviate our suffering, or it may be that all such knowledge has been lost with the passing of YaBB...

"For it is the doom of men that they forget" - Merlin

"Ariel! Ookla! Ride! - Thundarr the Barbarian

"What is best in life?"
"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women." - Conan the Barbarian (I have no reason for including these last two except that I used to watch all three of these over and over again at around the same age and they contain perhaps as much mercurial wisdom as the bathtub guy).