Main Menu

2/1/12

Started by Tracy 2112, Feb 01, 2012, 10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Ruckus

Who knows how many times I've watched RUSH in Rio but that clip still gives me chills
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

mahg33ta

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 01, 2012, 11:36 AM
Who knows how many times I've watched RUSH in Rio but that clip still gives me chills

is it the rocker chick at 5:25?

mahg33ta

my (older) brother and I were just reminiscing about Rush.   He emailed me this which I thought was cool.   He has a better memory than me.

Rush was the first real rock concert I ever saw.  Went with a bunch of friends from Harrogate Grammar School to some dingy warehouse in Leeds.  It was on their Farewell to Kings tour.  I remember they played most of that album and 2112.  Xanadu live still sticks in my mind.  I also remember it was 600 degrees in there and steamy beyond belief.  The cement floor had a reddish paint on it that started to melt.  All of our shoes were permanently stained terra cotta.  It was a badge of honor around HGS because you could tell who had been at the concert by their shoes. I must've been 12 or 13?

mjk73

mahg33ta

By the way (total thread drift), I finally started watching Mad Men on netflix, Season 1 last week and I finally understand your avatar mjk73... must be episode 5 or 6.   Giggled and a light bulb came on when I saw that scene.

mjk73

Quote from: mahg33ta on Feb 01, 2012, 01:14 PM
By the way (total thread drift), I finally started watching Mad Men on netflix, Season 1 last week and I finally understand your avatar mjk73... must be episode 5 or 6.   Giggled and a light bulb came on when I saw that scene.
Yep. CH is on the top of my list. Her and Neko Case switch between first and second periodically.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: mjk73 on Feb 01, 2012, 01:46 PM
Quote from: mahg33ta on Feb 01, 2012, 01:14 PM
Yep. CH is on the top of my list. Her and Neko Case switch between first and second periodically.

Focus!  >:(

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

mjk73

It's really hard to focus on anything but CH's fantastic ass. I'm sure it would distract Lifeson.

I will put on headphones tonight for you Trace and blast this.

Crispy

Focus indeed, beautiful asses be damned! Time to show this gem the light of day again (though not 2112-specific):

Rush - La Villa Strangiato at Pinkpop 1979

Tonight will be an Exit Stage Left vinyl night.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Ruckus

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 01, 2012, 04:07 PM
Focus indeed, beautiful asses be damned! Time to show this gem the light of day again (though not 2112-specific):

Rush - La Villa Strangiato at Pinkpop 1979

Tonight will be an Exit Stage Left vinyl night.
And here I sit on the deck blasting ESL on vinyl having some beers.  No its not in Spanish

Ruckus

Quote from: mahg33ta on Feb 01, 2012, 12:53 PM
my (older) brother and I were just reminiscing about Rush.   He emailed me this which I thought was cool.   He has a better memory than me.

Rush was the first real rock concert I ever saw.  Went with a bunch of friends from Harrogate Grammar School to some dingy warehouse in Leeds.  It was on their Farewell to Kings tour.  I remember they played most of that album and 2112.  Xanadu live still sticks in my mind.  I also remember it was 600 degrees in there and steamy beyond belief.  The cement floor had a reddish paint on it that started to melt.  All of our shoes were permanently stained terra cotta.  It was a badge of honor around HGS because you could tell who had been at the concert by their shoes. I must've been 12 or 13?
great stuff!

mahg33ta

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 01, 2012, 05:21 PM
Quote from: mahg33ta on Feb 01, 2012, 12:53 PM

great stuff!

just for shits n giggles we went internetting to figure out where and when this was.   Turns out it was a place called Queens Hall and this description we found confirmed it:
"The Queens Hall, supposedly a top venue ....... a converted tramshed, with the appalling acoustics, a floor of rock solid concrete, appalling climatic conditions, stinking toilets & terrible catering set in those days the most dismal part of the city!"

Also pulled up some pics and the setlist.   TOTAL timewaster this afternoon but what better way to spend National Rush Day?

wolof7

www.rushradio.org has a listening party at 9:12pm EST tonight!!

reminiscent of the forum album club, should start that thing back up again...

anywho, yeah, 2112....gonna start spinning in 20 mins!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee