Main Menu

MMJ app?

Started by Dillsnufus, Feb 06, 2012, 08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dillsnufus

besides a iphone version of the site what do you guys think should be on it if that ever happens . seems like the thing bands do these days. (rem,rhcp,ff,pj,etc...) (roll call app maybe?) 

besides T5 lol.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

BH

that would be cool.   Upcoming shows, Lyrics, Music Store, setlists.   possibilities are endless!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

johnnYYac

I would like to see something like the forum calendar I've been keeping, 'cept when shows are posted on the calendar, they would also post to the presale and onsale dates, with hyperlinks to Roll Call presale, Ticketbastard, etc.  You could set parameters re: location to get alerted to shows in your predetermined area(s) and perhaps include other bands associated with or "liked" by the boys. 

BH's stats would be a natural fit, as well. 

Live music archive w/setlists and poster art, definitely lyrics (still waiting for Circuital lyrics to post to the MMJ website's Releases section;  the included lyric sheets are hard to read).  Twitter feeds, band-approved links to other music, charities, other interests. 

Hmm. 

I wonder if Roll Call membership might include access to the MMJ catalog via cloud server.  Who here with RC doesn't already own everything MMJ?  This way, I'd free up some space on my iPhone for all the live MMJ I've amassed.

The possibilities are endless..........................
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

darkglow

a T5 time warp app

el_chode

Main screen, option 1:

Main Screen, Option 2:

Not Pictured: Self Loathing Bo

I stole the general format from Ween's App because I find it to be pretty practical.

The big difference I'd like to see would be full songs on the discog page, but I doubt that'd happen - Ween's are only 30 sec samples. I think Wilco had full songs though.
I'm surrounded by assholes

Dillsnufus

cool. I think NIN's app is full songs too.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

johnnYYac

Impressive, Joe.  Impressive.  :thumbsup:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

el_chode

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Feb 16, 2012, 05:36 PM
cool. I think NIN's app is full songs too.

That wouldn't surprise me given Reznor's hatred for the industry and all that stuff he keeps doing to keep fans happy
I'm surrounded by assholes

Devil Ledbetter

It looks great. I'd love to see guitar tabs on an MMJ app.
We understand it's the '90s.