Bon Iver - Bon Iver VINYL question

Started by sweatboard, Feb 10, 2012, 08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

Does anyone who has this record on vinyl have issues with the sound?  I've listened to three different copies and they all distort.  It's most noticeable at the end of Holocene on the vocals that end the song, they just start breaking up.   

thanks

There's Still Time.........

BH

Unfortunately I don't have any Bon Iver vinyl.   That's dissapointing.

Slightly off topic, Brian, did you see this:   

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/Justin-Vernon-Jams-with-The-Roots/1384071

:o
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

sweatboard

Awesome how he adapted to the roots...... and how they adapted to him.   Thanks for that!!!  So Great!

I will say, he needs to lay off the auto tune at this point.  I know he and Kanye are tight, but come on man. 

Ghosts_on_TV

I have it, but never noticed any problems. I'll listen to it later and let you know.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

sweatboard

Thanks Dave, I'm really bummed because For Emma is wanna my favorite albums on vinyl and this new one is beautiful but I cringe when the destortion comes in....and that's no fun.

crazylove

My 23 year old son introduced me to Bon Iver, and WOW love the sound!  However, enough of the auto-tune!   I can understand using it to enhance, but don't make it the focus! Sorry about your vinyl, love For Emma as well!
"You could kill someone up here and bury them in the snow! No one would ever find them!"- Penny Lane

bold992006

I bought the vinyl package (that comes with a great DVD with videos of his new album) and I don't have issues at all with any of his albums.

Ghosts_on_TV

I can't notice anything wrong with mine.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...