The Tallest Man On Earth

Started by SaraBananaBear, Feb 11, 2012, 10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaraBananaBear

Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

bluesky

Thanks Sara. Love his lyrics!

Ruckus

Thanks for restarting this thread Sara! :)  I love this man.  I'm still trying to get my hands on his pre-solo material.

My favorite
TALLEST MAN ON EARTH // the dreamer
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Penny Lane

i love him, too...Ruckus got me into him a year or two ago?..thanks for posting!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: bluesky on Feb 11, 2012, 04:14 PM
Thanks Sara. Love his lyrics!

Me too, though I don't always understand them...  :thumbsup:

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 11, 2012, 11:25 PM
Thanks for restarting this thread Sara! :)  I love this man.  I'm still trying to get my hands on his pre-solo material.

My favorite

Yes! Excellent song, love the line "sometimes the blues is just a passing bird, why can't that always be?". Seems very hard to find Montezumas stuff, legally at least... Should I ever stumble upon any in some record store somewhere I'll get you a copy! :) Until then, Midsummer in Leksand! :thumbsup:

mjk73

Ruckus

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Feb 12, 2012, 04:00 AM

My favorite

Yes! Excellent song, love the line "sometimes the blues is just a passing bird, why can't that always be?". Seems very hard to find Montezumas stuff, legally at least... Should I ever stumble upon any in some record store somewhere I'll get you a copy! :) Until then, Midsummer in Leksand! :thumbsup:

That would be great Sara!  This video is awesome.  That girl up front really likes that song ;D

bluesky

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 13, 2012, 01:35 PM

My favorite

That would be great Sara!  This video is awesome.  That girl up front really likes that song ;D

Tallest man on smallest stage  ;D ;D Does he still play with this band as well Sara? Loved it!

marino13

"Love is All" is my favorite song by TMOE by quite a bit, and was easily one of my favorite songs of 2010.  This version is interesting sung in a lower key, I really like it, just different. 

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: bluesky on Feb 13, 2012, 02:36 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 13, 2012, 01:35 PM

My favorite

Tallest man on smallest stage  ;D ;D Does he still play with this band as well Sara? Loved it!

Not that I know of, but I can't really say I'm a reliable source...  :)

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: marino13 on Feb 14, 2012, 10:27 AM
"Love is All" is my favorite song by TMOE by quite a bit, and was easily one of my favorite songs of 2010.  This version is interesting sung in a lower key, I really like it, just different.

Yeah, the more I've listened to it, the more I think I prefer the lower key one. It's a brilliant performance for sure :thumbsup:

Ruckus

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Feb 14, 2012, 02:07 PM

Yeah, the more I've listened to it, the more I think I prefer the lower key one. It's a brilliant performance for sure :thumbsup:
I agree with both of you on this one though Love is All wasn't my favorite off of Wild Hunt.  I think some of the criticism of TMOE is on point in that many of the tunes sound so similar.  When he changes it up as he did above, it shows some needed versatility.  It's the same reason why I celebrate Dreamer and Kids on the Run so much.  They are a change of pace, whether it be the sparse reverb laden electric in Dreamer or the keys in KOTR.  It shows that he can be more than finger picking Swedish Dylan (for aLady).   ;)

YouAre_GivenToFly

Never listened to this dude... but the song in the first post reminds me of this....

Josh Ritter - The Temptation of Adam

...which isn't a bad thing at all.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: Ruckus on Feb 17, 2012, 01:06 AM
Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Feb 14, 2012, 02:07 PM

I agree with both of you on this one though Love is All wasn't my favorite off of Wild Hunt.  I think some of the criticism of TMOE is on point in that many of the tunes sound so similar.  When he changes it up as he did above, it shows some needed versatility.  It's the same reason why I celebrate Dreamer and Kids on the Run so much.  They are a change of pace, whether it be the sparse reverb laden electric in Dreamer or the keys in KOTR.  It shows that he can be more than finger picking Swedish Dylan (for aLady).   ;)

Definitely! I'm looking forward to hearing the movie soundtrack he's working on with wife Amanda, love them together on the live performances of Thrown Right At Me. It changes things up as well. :thumbsup:

Movie teaser:

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Feb 17, 2012, 01:16 AM
Never listened to this dude... but the song in the first post reminds me of this....

Josh Ritter - The Temptation of Adam

...which isn't a bad thing at all.

I think I can hear what you mean... :thumbsup:

SaraBananaBear

ryno2133

love his lyrics and his voice..the beauty of his voice and music sometimes disguises his dark, Edgar Allen Poe-esque subject matter

http://www.resonantpassage.net/lyrics-of-the-day-the-tallest-man-on-earth/

ResonantPassage Indie Music Blog
www.resonantpassage.net

Ruckus

TheThird

[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]