Main Menu

Record Store Day

Started by TheThird, Feb 29, 2012, 06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

I'm going to visit my Dad on Record Store Day and he's right down the street from a Newbury Comics store in Leominster, MA.  I'm thinking they'll have a good number of these releases, but also a good number of customers. 

I can't make any promises, but I'll pick up a few "extras" as time, money, and opportunity allow.  If successful, I'll post my bounty or PM folks who've asked about specific titles. 

Perhaps if anyone has a similar opportunity to grab an extra copy or two of some of the obvious titles of interest, we can help each other out. 

I'm hoping to find these:

Uncle Tupelo- 7" singles; No Depression; Still Feel Gone; March 16-20, 1992
Gary Clark Jr.- HWUL Raw Cuts Vol. 1
Flaming Lips- Heady Fwends
New Multitudes- 10" demos and unreleased
Grace Potter and TN- Live @ Sun Studios 12"
Phish- Junta
M. Ward- Primitive Girl/Twist/Rollover Beethoven 7"
Jonathan Wilson- Pity Trials and Tomorrow's Child 12"
Portugal. The Man- Got it All 7"
Wilco- The Whole Love Deluxe Box Set
Janis Joplin- Highlights from Pearl 2 x 10"
Of Monsters and Men- Into the Woods EP 10"
Grateful Dead- Dark Star: Europe '72 Paris, France 12"
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

jones

Yeah, I'd like to get that GD Dark Star too, but if it's anything like Europe '72 Vol. II it shouldn't be tough to find even after the fact. Are they any more or less limited EU II?

johnnYYac

Quote from: jones on Apr 12, 2012, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I'd like to get that GD Dark Star too, but if it's anything like Europe '72 Vol. II it shouldn't be tough to find even after the fact. Are they any more or less limited EU II?
3000 copies.

Here's a link to a 9-page pdf list of RSD releases, FYI.  Once you click the link at left, hit ESC to get print/save options.

jones

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 12, 2012, 11:46 AM
Quote from: jones on Apr 12, 2012, 11:44 AM
3000 copies.

Here's a link to a 9-page pdf list of RSD releases, FYI.  Once you click the link at left, hit ESC to get print/save options.
Europe II was 3000 as well.

robb

I don't really have any record stores near me, so would anybody be willing to keep an eye out for The Mynabirds "Generals" 7" for me?  I'd be willing to pay immediately and throw in a little something extra for your troubles...
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

ALady

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 12, 2012, 10:59 AM
Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Apr 12, 2012, 10:06 AM
Its kinda of silly that Wilco is doing that box set thing. I've paid my Whole Love dues, as I've already purchased it on LP, got the 10" last record store day, and got the blue 7" "I Might" single. I'd like to have it all in one box, and they even had that box available for seperate purchase in their webstore a few months back, but it has disappeared.
Well if Kicking Television is any indication, this'll be available a few years later for 40% off. ;)

Yeah, no shit.  So annoyed I waited in line for that one.

Let's just have a rule that if you see Junta you buy up every copy they have and we'll divvy em up here, ok guys?   :-*

The only thing I really want is the Ryan Adams Bob Mould covers.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 12, 2012, 10:59 AM
Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Apr 12, 2012, 10:06 AM
Its kinda of silly that Wilco is doing that box set thing. I've paid my Whole Love dues, as I've already purchased it on LP, got the 10" last record store day, and got the blue 7" "I Might" single. I'd like to have it all in one box, and they even had that box available for seperate purchase in their webstore a few months back, but it has disappeared.
Well if Kicking Television is any indication, this'll be available a few years later for 40% off. ;)

8)
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

jones

Quote from: ALady on Apr 12, 2012, 01:30 PM
Let's just have a rule that if you see Junta you buy up every copy they have and we'll divvy em up here, ok guys?   :-*
You heard the lady. We expect no less than all 5,000 copies to be distributed here on the forum.

ManNamedTruth

I plan on hitting up a store or 2 and will keep an eye out for Junta and any other records yinz are looking for.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

e_wind

I just added Mynabirds and Junta to my look out for list on my tele.

How much can we expect TWL box to be? 50? More?
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ManNamedTruth

BTW the store I got the MMJ pic discs at last year still had them weeks later after RSD, I had to call around one of their other locations for Z. So I have some high hopes that they'll have some good stuff.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

robb

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 12, 2012, 03:24 PM

thanks man!
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 12, 2012, 03:24 PM

$50 is probably the lowest it would go for. Trying to think... I probably paid $25 for the LP, another $15 for the 10", $5 for the 7"... then it comes with a box, a tt mat, and an adapter.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

walterfredo

My local RS just called to let me know they were able to get me a copy of phish junta, so I'm all set with that! 

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

johnnYYac

The Record Store Day folks have their own, free app.  It's a bit meh but has a store locator and release list.  It's just wicked slow and laggy.

http://recordstoreday.com/Page/1264

Im The Dude

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Apr 12, 2012, 03:20 PM
I plan on hitting up a store or 2 and will keep an eye out for Junta and any other records yinz are looking for.

What stores? Im going to head to Attic Records before their midnight opening. Did you go there late year? Any tips? I've only been to Jerry's on RSD.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

headhunter

Record Store Day is my favorite national holiday.

A great day to let the freak flag fly.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Penny Lane

Quote from: headhunter on Apr 20, 2012, 11:08 AM
Record Store Day is my favorite national holiday.

A great day to let the freak flag fly.

;D Hell yeah..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

e_wind

I just went to my new favorite record store. The owner is so nice. He reserved the Flips LP and 7" for me for tomorrow. They didn't have Eddie Vedder though, so if anyone wants to pick up an extra and do some trading/selling....
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...