Happy Endings

Started by vespachick, Mar 01, 2012, 12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vespachick

Whats the hells? TV is on and alla sudden a ref to "my morning jacket jacket" being under her bed? Then she pulls out the dickies jacket...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

zanjam

I record this show.   I will go watch and report back to you!
anything + reverb always = better

wolof7

Ha i love this show it's got the setup of Friends (a show i don't love but certainly respect) and the wit and joke-a-second pacing of Community/Arrested Development...

so the character Alex was looking under friend Penny's bed for a sweater and Penny was trying to hide several waffles as they both were supposed to be on a cleanse diet (see sounds like Friends) when Alex pulls out the Okonokos zipup  hoodie and states :

"Penny....busted....I knew you had my my morning jacket jacket...."

pretty funny and made me love the show even more, it's a particularly funny episode too!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

e_wind

my my morning jacket jacket

gold
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Devil Ledbetter

Quote from: e_wind on Mar 01, 2012, 12:36 PM
my my morning jacket jacket

gold
If only I had a dime for every time I've uttered that ridiculous phrase. "Honey, have you seen my My Morning Jacket jacket?"

"Which one?"
We understand it's the '90s.

bold992006

There are two things I really love in this picture..haha.

johnnYYac

You can view the episode here.  The "my My Morning Jacket jacket" line is 10:55 in.

http://abc.go.com/watch/happy-endings/SH55116425/VD55176551/cocktails--dreams

Is this show any good?  Some of this episode made me think it might be worth a half an hour of my time once in a while.

Casey Wilson was great on Bored to Death.  I couldn't think of where I'd seen her.  She was also a cast member of SNL for a time.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

zanjam

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 02, 2012, 12:00 PM
You can view the episode here.  The "my My Morning Jacket jacket" line is 10:55 in.

http://abc.go.com/watch/happy-endings/SH55116425/VD55176551/cocktails--dreams

Is this show any good?  Some of this episode made me think it might be worth a half an hour of my time once in a while.

Casey Wilson was great on Bored to Death.  I couldn't think of where I'd seen her.  She was also a cast member of SNL for a time.

It is really funny. It's really fast paced and pretty outrageous at times.  And I love all the actors.  Friends-like, but not as vanilla/clean cut as friends.  Hilarious one-liners, clearly  :)

zanjam

Quote from: bold992006 on Mar 02, 2012, 01:19 AM
There are two things I really love in this picture..haha.

My husband has a crush on her and I have a crush on the Jacket.  It works for us.

Randall

I think the show is hilarious.

vespachick

Whatever happened to this show?  Too bad.

Where is my My Morning Jacket jacket?

ms. yvon

Quote from: zanjam on Mar 02, 2012, 07:03 PM
My husband has a crush on her and I have a crush on the Jacket.  It works for us.
:grin:
amy, i'd never seen this show!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

vespachick

Quote from: ms. yvon on Dec 11, 2014, 01:42 AM
Quote from: zanjam on Mar 02, 2012, 07:03 PM
:grin:
amy, i'd never seen this show!

It was a pretty funny show - surprised the hell out of me to hear that line out of the blue!

I was diggin in my closet the other day and came across my My Morning Jacket jacket, had forgotten all about it, and remembered this episode.