Show your framed MMJ show posters

Started by bicyclejoe, Feb 11, 2009, 05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahg33ta

ryno11111

Quote from: mahg33ta on Feb 01, 2011, 09:32 AM

Very nice man!  That is beautiful.  In my top 3 "must have" MMJ posters.  Such a hard one to find unless you're wanting to shell out $300-$400+.

mahg33ta

Quote from: ryno11111 on Feb 01, 2011, 12:25 PM
Quote from: mahg33ta on Feb 01, 2011, 09:32 AM

Very nice man!  That is beautiful.  In my top 3 "must have" MMJ posters.  Such a hard one to find unless you're wanting to shell out $300-$400+.

Thanks.  I'm pumped (but sorry, did not realize that pic was so crappy).   It is hard to find due to the low run and use of the image on the shirts.   what makes it a winner for me was that it passed the "ok to hang on the living room wall" wife test.

johnnYYac

"what makes it a winner for me was that it passed the "ok to hang on the living room wall" wife test."

Too funny.  That's the problem I'm having with the T5 EU poster and the Essex Jct. Fung (Denise and Pooch do American Gothic).  My wife finds them too grim.  Maybe I'll bring 'em back to my classroom; the kids dig 'em.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

JPV

hey John-- ive got a couple posters that ive yet to see in this thread. can i email my pics to you so you could post them here?

johnnYYac

Quote from: JPV on Feb 15, 2011, 06:51 PM
hey John-- ive got a couple posters that ive yet to see in this thread. can i email my pics to you so you could post them here?
I suppose.  johnnYYac@comcast.net

Or set up a Flickr account (http://www.flickr.com/) and follow instructions for posting pics here: http://mymorningjacket.com/forum/index.php?topic=12431.0

e_wind

I just (finally) got my Pearl Jam Burwell for a killer price. Now my Guy Bur-wall is complete. My 3 favorite things expressed by a beautiful artist. MMJ, Lost, and Pearl Jam
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

mahg33ta

congrats- that PJ Burwell is an AWESOME poster.   Well done!

johnnYYac

from JPV:

here's the poster by FARMBARN Art Co. from my first MMJ show, 10.6.08. it has two signatures that i can't read & is numbered 86/100. the bright spot on the legs is my flash

this one's by Clinton Reno and is numbered 29/100. its from my 2nd MMJ show, 5.2.10. the ball of light in front of the bear glows in the dark. the hummingbird's banner has lyrics from Librarian :
"cause everything'd be great & everything'd be good if everybody gave like everybody could."

e_wind

Oh here are all mine that I have framed, in order of how much I like them.

1st: Autographed! (hung up at my house, was hung up at my lady friends for a long time)

2nd: (I know these aren't all jacket)

3rd: Autographed by Yim, Cabin, The Watson Twins

4th:

5th: autographed!

Other Not Jacket:
Black Keys NYE Stint (missed out on the other two)

Dr. Dog - Nashville a couple weeks ago. There used to be the Nashville MMJ poster from 2010 in here, which is why the back mat doesn't match right now. I just wanted to keep it fresh.

I have about 3 more jacket posters and a burwell Perince Bros that will probably never make it out of the closet, I just like to but posters any show I go to as of late.

EDIT:

I don't know why these won't show up. http://www.flickr.com/photos/59643770@N03/

johnnYYac

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 18, 2011, 04:02 PM
Oh here are all mine that I have framed, in order of how much I like them.

EDIT:

I don't know why these won't show up. http://www.flickr.com/photos/59643770@N03/
I do.  You're copying the URL of the photo right after you choose it from your photostream.  You first need to go to Actions and choose View All Sizes.  Choose Medium 500, then right-click properties... etc.

http://mymorningjacket.com/forum/index.php?topic=12431.0

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 18, 2011, 04:02 PM
1st: Autographed! (hung up at my house, was hung up at my lady friends for a long time)

2nd: (I know these aren't all jacket)

3rd: Autographed by Yim, Cabin, The Watson Twins

4th:

5th: autographed!

Other Not Jacket:
Black Keys NYE Stint (missed out on the other two)

Dr. Dog - Nashville a couple weeks ago. There used to be the Nashville MMJ poster from 2010 in here, which is why the back mat doesn't match right now. I just wanted to keep it fresh.

I have about 3 more jacket posters and a burwell Perince Bros that will probably never make it out of the closet, I just like to but posters any show I go to as of late.

JPV

YouAre_GivenToFly

Added this to the collection today.

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

e_wind

Haldon

So I finally convinced my girlfriend to let me turn our second bedroom/laundry room into a MMJ Man Cave.  She is not fully on board yet, but I have begun to put up my posters, which have been resting against the wall for some time now.

The pics aren't great, but I figured I'd share anyway

Nights 1, 4, 3 from T5

Nights 5 and 2 from T5

Burwell's T-5 and Burwell's 1st Edition RCMH

Wall of Burwell...its hard to see the NYE poster over there on the right

so here is a close up

sadly, its the only one show's poster which does not have the ticket below it (it was NYE, and I complete just misplaced somewhere after the concert)

Me, right after I got the poster on NYE....one of the happier moments for me at a MMJ concert (after waiting in line in the freezing cold for a few hours)

Jon T.

Nice, Haldon!  Very cool.  My wife decided that owls are the theme of our new nursery.  Not real looking owls, kind of cartoonish owls.  She is going to let me put the MMJ owl in there too.  Haven't decided exactly what I want to do yet.

headhunter

Awesome pix Haldon.  That room must be one of your favorite!  Love the look of the tix underneath the posters.  Nicely done.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Penny Lane

Looks great, Haldon! Good to see you!...that beard has a lot of girth..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ManNamedTruth

I looked through all the pages of posters on this thread, beautiful work here! I agree that the band's signatures on posters detracts/distracts from the artwork.
I Just dropped $380 on getting my MMJ posters framed. I got museum glass in that has hardly any glare. I procrastinated on the framing a bit and wanted to get it done, the Cleveland poster was starting to accumulate some small dents on the edges. Both posters are from shows I attended, bought the Pittsburgh one at the show and got the Cleveland one from ebay a year or two later. I contemplated getting the tickets framed with the posters but kinda forgot about that idea.

Cleveland, 12/04/06 print# 71/100

Pittsburgh, 8/27/10, print# 26/166

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

e_wind

Dude, Haldon.... All of T5, RC, and NYE burwells. Amazing.

I just purchased the red "artist addition" of the NYE Burwell for my lady for her birthday. It really is hard as fuck to give that away. I think I may try to buy it back from here after she's had for awhile  ;D . She isn't a big poster collector but that was her first MMJ show and her favorite and she at least pretends to like my Burwell posters so hopefully she'll be into it!