Show your framed MMJ show posters

Started by bicyclejoe, Feb 11, 2009, 05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahg33ta

keep the framed poster pics coming - they are my favorite posts.   Haldon and ManNamedTruth - lookin great!

e_wind

WHOA THATS HUGE. let me fix it

just got this baby in the mail. unfortunately for me, its a gift for my lady. I want it terribly but what can ya do. stoked on it either way.

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Haldon

So, I forgot to take pictures of, and include these, in my last post

This one is from their Miami Beach show in 2008 (the only time I've actually seen them locally)  This one is in the bedroom

These next two pics below are my favs.  These are the limited edition Burwell wooden screen prints that were displayed in a gallery in Oregon (I believe)  He only made 26 sets of them.

The guys are in my dining room

this is on my nightstand next to the bed

Each one of the wooden screen prints is signed/numbered, and the back has a title for the peice....its pretty cool

hope you enjoy

Penny Lane

Quote from: Haldon on Apr 05, 2011, 08:09 AM
So, I forgot to take pictures of, and include these, in my last post

This one is from their Miami Beach show in 2008 (the only time I've actually seen them locally)  This one is in the bedroom

These next two pics below are my favs.  These are the limited edition Burwell wooden screen prints that were displayed in a gallery in Oregon (I believe)  He only made 26 sets of them.

The guys are in my dining room

this is on my nightstand next to the bed

Each one of the wooden screen prints is signed/numbered, and the back has a title for the peice....its pretty cool

hope you enjoy

i love those wooden screen prints!! can you leave those to me in your will!? wow..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

e_wind

Yeah man those are amazing. I've never even heard of those. Where'd you come across them?

Haldon

I first saw them when someone from the boards (can't remember who) mentioned that the pieces were being displayed at a gallery and that there were a limited number which were being sold.
So I went online to the gallery's website and ordered a set. 
Soon after they arrived at my doorstep with a handwritten note from someone at the gallery.

its def my favorite piece of MMJ memorabilia

walterfredo

I have a set as well, proudly chilling on my bookshelves in my living room.  Guy was part of an art show in Portland, and these were in the art show.  I cannot recall the name of the gallery that they were sold through, but you could buy singles or the entire set.  I initially was going to buy just Jim, but thought he'd be awful lonely, so I bought the entire set.  They're great...I love them!

johnnYYac

My newest addition, proudly on display behind my desk at work.  I have all my posters sent to work (never home for deliveries), so students get to enjoy 'em for a while.  Burwell '07 coming soon!

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

JDUB

Anyone have thoughts on having your concert posters physically touch the glass or Plexiglass of your frame? I'm having a dilemma. I know I am not going to use a mat. I could go with a decent & very affordable frame from Target, go with a custom frame from Americanframe.com (using acid free materials), or pay the big bucks and go to a frame shop. The first two options would end up with the poster being pressed up against the Plexiglass. Has anyone seen their posters get stuck to the glass or ruined by not using an acid free backing board? Thanks.

the_wizzard

JDUB, I gave you my opinion in the cheap poster frame thread.  Quick answer here: you do not want your posters against glass or plexiglass...

johnnYYac

I was taking stock of my framed MMJ collection, as I have some that need frames and a new classroom to decorate.  While I was at it, I snapped a few pics.

Framed album-related promo posters, signed CD inserts, album covers, and Roll Call stuff.

Framed posters from shows I attended.

Framed posters from shows I did not attend.

e_wind

john you might wanna consider buying a house with a lonnnnnngg hallway in it like this but longer and cooler

is the EU promo poster portrait or loandscape on the other side, I can't remember. the 4 promo posters would look cool all together if they're all portrait

e_wind

JOHN I just remembered I should have a few copies of the Circuital promo poster if you don't have that one yet. Same size, double sided...

ATO gave me a bunch for free and I hung them up in exchange for tickets (and now they won't respond to my emails  :( )

johnnYYac

Quote from: e_wind on Jul 28, 2011, 10:49 PM
john you might wanna consider buying a house with a lonnnnnngg hallway in it like this but longer and cooler

is the EU promo poster portrait or loandscape on the other side, I can't remember. the 4 promo posters would look cool all together if they're all portrait
Nice.  That's what my dream MMJ Listening Room will need - lots of wall space.

Regarding the EU promo, I just checked.  The other side is portrait, but really boring. 

I get what your saying and plan to hang them together, along with a couple of early promo posters from the Tenn. Fire and At Dawn eras.

Quote from: e_wind on Jul 28, 2011, 11:00 PM
JOHN I just remembered I should have a few copies of the Circuital promo poster if you don't have that one yet. Same size, double sided...

ATO gave me a bunch for free and I hung them up in exchange for tickets (and now they won't respond to my emails  :( )
I'd love one of your Circuital promos if you got one to spare.  Let me know.   :dankk2:

ophidiophobia

I got this at the Kansas City show during soundcheck. I bought the concert poster just haven't gotten it framed yet.

Sweet Nothing

Great thread all, glad to see it still going,  Would like to get some of the T5 posters framed, I have a bunch more now that would be too much to get them all framed at once.  When i finally do get them framed i will post pictures here.  Would like to get my Jason Brammer framed by him which looks nice.  If i can get the others framed, do you feel as though the ticket on the botton inside the matte takes away for the art or is it just preference as to the individual who owes them?  Thanks ahead for your thoughts?

Also any thoughts as to how to go about getting the process prints for the Terminal 5 At Dawn Burwell framed?  I was thinking of mating them all but dont know if that would look good?  The colors in order goes as

1st Gold
2nd Red
3rd Brown
4th Grey
5th Black

I would like to hang them up like the 5 dots on a dice, with the middle one being the final.

-----      -----

-----

-----     -----     

I will try to attach a picture but first time doing so i hope it works out.

file:///Users/jgc912/Pictures/GUYBUR-MMJ-Process%20Prints%20for%20T5.jpg

Unable to get this picture to show up here, any help would be appreciated greatly.  New like i said at uploading pictures into the forum.

Natonate99

hopefully i can pictures up soon, but i have the following all in cheap frames (for the time being):

red rocks 11
toronto 11
pittsburgh 11

i also have the following waiting to be framed:

buffalo 05
CMAC 10
T5 ISM

-nate
"Oh Life, You have a tough time competing with MMJ..."
MMJ: CMAC, T5, Toronto, Red Rocks, Pittsburgh

JDUB

Can you spot the "cheap" frame?

subinai

Quote from: JDUB on Aug 20, 2011, 10:03 PM
Can you spot the "cheap" frame?

looks great! what kind of frames are the "cheap" vs. the "not cheap"?

JDUB

The only cheap frame is the Roll Call poster. I got it from Target for $16.99. The big one is an odd size that needed a custom frame. And with all the talk about cheap poster frames (whether you should or shouldn't) I couldn't resist and paid the same framer to do the other two show posters. Here's a link to the Target frame. Sold out online but I found it in a store:
http://www.target.com/Room-Essentials-Poster-Frame/dp/B002VTP3GE/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&keywords=18x24%20frame&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-7&qid=1311646601&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Room%20Essentials%20Poster%20Frame&node=1038576