Show your framed MMJ show posters

Started by bicyclejoe, Feb 11, 2009, 05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

"Where's Jim going?"

johnnYYac

Quote from: ericm on Jun 12, 2016, 08:25 PM
Looks great John.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:   :beer:
Thanks, Eric!  I decided to retire the Burwell spacemen for now and replaced them with two Slater landscapes.  The one on the left is a band-signed print for the Milwaukee 2-night run from Father's Day weekend 2015.  The one on the right is a gold foil from Atlanta. 

BEFORE

AFTER
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ericm

Still  looking great John!  :wink:   :thumbsup:

I wasn't crazy about the brown matte I had on my RR 11 and finally found something I like. It looks a little red in the pic but it's more of a burnt orange like in the print itself.

"Where's Jim going?"

Emb1528

Matting just came in for my RR prints. Pretty stoked about the turn out. Anyone else besides JY and White get theirs framed?
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

ericm

Quote from: Emb1528 on Jun 26, 2016, 05:44 PM

Matting just came in for my RR prints. Pretty stoked about the turn out. Anyone else besides JY and White get theirs framed?

You should be stoked E, they look fantastic!!  Great job with those Burwells.  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

I'll post mine when I do them but still searching for a night 1. I'm holding off until I can do them both at the same time.  :beer:

"Where's Jim going?"

Emb1528

Quote from: ericm on Jun 26, 2016, 08:08 PM

You should be stoked E, they look fantastic!!  Great job with those Burwells.  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

I'll post mine when I do them but still searching for a night 1. I'm holding off until I can do them both at the same time.  :beer:

Thanks!

Was going to go with the darker navy outer matting, but made a last minute decision to go light and it worked out.

ericm

Haha. Brilliant minds........ :wink: my first thought was a darker navy outer too but now seeing yours, I'm gonna check out some lighter options.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

CountSA

Those look great!  Where did you get the mats from, americanframe.com ?

Emb1528

Quote from: CountSA on Jun 29, 2016, 10:24 AM

Those look great!  Where did you get the mats from, americanframe.com ?

I ordered the matting from HL. Only time I've ordered online is if there some color I can't quite seem to find.

APR

Like YYac, I can't seem to justify the extra cost to frame what are relatively inexpensive posters, but Emb, those look so good I have to consider for the RR print.  Did you order the frame and matting from HL?  What is HL or what does it stand for?  I'll check out their site.   The posters surrounded by matting might stand out too much amongst all my other non-matted ones up on the wall.  I get all my standard sized frames at Michaels, which always has frames on sale.

Just to mention I bought a few frames (not for posters) at www.framemyrecord.com  Good quality stuff, quick shipping, and fair prices.

Emb1528

Quote from: APR on Jun 30, 2016, 04:45 PM
Like YYac, I can't seem to justify the extra cost to frame what are relatively inexpensive posters, but Emb, those look so good I have to consider for the RR print.  Did you order the frame and matting from HL?  What is HL or what does it stand for?  I'll check out their site.   The posters surrounded by matting might stand out too much amongst all my other non-matted ones up on the wall.  I get all my standard sized frames at Michaels, which always has frames on sale.

Just to mention I bought a few frames (not for posters) at www.framemyrecord.com  Good quality stuff, quick shipping, and fair prices.

I just order my matting from Hobby Lobby. I order my frames from Amazon. I've found some decent frames via Arttoframes and I get them in 2 days with my prime account. Hobby Lobby has the same weekly sales. 40% off any item.

The first time I matted posters was the 2 night run in Chicago in 08 and once I saw how good they looked in person... I never went back. It's kind of an addiction  :beer:

DeusExMachinist

Just did these two, I think they go well together!

DrunkFish

Quote from: DeusExMachinist on Jul 09, 2016, 05:49 PM

Those look beautiful. How'd you get the signed copy?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I'm going where there ain't no need to escape from what is only spirits at ease

Emb1528

Quote from: DrunkFish on Jul 09, 2016, 05:51 PM

All the VIP RR posters were signed

beardedwonder

Quote from: DrunkFish on Jul 09, 2016, 05:51 PM

Awesome! I have a theory where these two posters are about transitioning to a new dimension. Death. Life. Etc. I think they go great together.
"'Cause everything'd be great and everything'd be good If everybody gave like everybody could"

vandemusser

Just got my RR VIP poster back from the frame shop. Really happy with it!

ericm

Quote from: vandemusser on Jul 11, 2016, 05:40 PM
Just got my RR VIP poster back from the frame shop. Really happy with it!

You should be! It looks great.  :thumbsup:

I'm a fan of double matting as well, and even add a third to my Burwells.   :beer:

"Where's Jim going?"

walterfredo

Seeing these made me just custy up and buy a VIP on eBay!

I noticed both of you covered up the print # and signature.

vandemusser

Quote from: walterfredo on Jul 11, 2016, 08:23 PM

Had to... Reno put it so close to the edge, there was no way to keep it visible. That's where Burwell shines - he understands that people frame his posters and accounts for it in the design. Ken Taylor is also great at this. I keep praying that MMJ will get him to do some prints someday...

ericm

Quote from: vandemusser on Jul 11, 2016, 08:36 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Jul 11, 2016, 08:23 PM

Had to... Reno put it so close to the edge, there was no way to keep it visible. That's where Burwell shines - he understands that people frame his posters and accounts for it in the design. Ken Taylor is also great at this. I keep praying that MMJ will get him to do some prints someday...

The Reno sig is definitely too close to the edge to matte and frame on the RR. I barely got it in  on my T5 and this one is closer to the edge. Matt Leunig did the same thing with the St. Augustine poster, and I had to unfortunately cover his sig up as well.

I'd love to see Ken Taylor do some MMJ prints. I love his stuff, especially his Phish  Alpharetta GA 2011 one.  :thumbsup: 
"Where's Jim going?"