Show your framed MMJ show posters

Started by bicyclejoe, Feb 11, 2009, 05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

my latest DIY frame job.  Did it the exact same way as my Burwell NYE, just changed out the outer mat color, both have a metallic gold inner mat.

ALady

That Burwell wall is choice, man.

Wait, who did the middle one?
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

walterfredo

QuoteThat Burwell wall is choice, man.

Wait, who did the middle one?

Marq Spusta.  Hands down my favorite MMJ poster in my collection.  It's from the 2008 L.A. Greek show.  It was commissioned by the promoter and not the one sold at the venue.

http://www.marqspusta.com

mine is the gold edition, but there are multiple editions of various paper color.
http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/89311

oh yeah...it's also my avatar!  

tdb810

Gorgeous WF!  Great job with the mat colors....Beautiful!

We got all 5 at T5, and have the Burwell NYE, as well as Fang/Vermont August 2010 and Philly 2010.  I can't decide if I want to put all 5 T5s on one wall....or put the 2 Burwells and 2 Fangs together......
I guess I need to get them in frames before I decide where they are going :)

Decisions, decisions.....
.....Back at the Model Home

Jimbuktu

The Z artist, Jason Brammer, offered to custom frame one of the extras he had to sell! Proudly hangs on my wall now.

mahg33ta

That Z poster is super cool.   It even says "To Kyle and Amy" on the bottom.   That's me and my wife's name.   That was her first ever show.   How special it would be if I could get that poster.... almost looks like it was customized just for me.

Jimbuktu

Hahaha, then you must have mine? To Jim ... ?

When I received it I was miffed at first, but then just said "fuck it, not a big deal, not worth dealing with shipping it out"

wamsankas

so i finally have framed up my terminal 5 posters.... here is how my room is looking now

wamsankas

i dont know if this is working... i am following johnnys info on posting from flickr but i cant see the photo

johnnYYac

Quote from: wamsankas on Jan 19, 2011, 01:33 PM

i dont know if this is working... i am following johnnys info on posting from flickr but i cant see the photo
When I right-click the white box w/red X that I'm seeing, the properties suggest you got the wrong URL.  You need to click on the thumbnail on Flickr, then choose size of the image.  I recommend Medium to best fit the forum.  Right-click on the Medium image, choose Properties, then highlight the URL, which must end .jpg, right-click Copy, then Paste the URL between the "image" brackets on the forum posting page.  I hope this helps.  I usually have to wait until I get home to see most pictures posted on the forum, thanks to the blocking software my employer uses.  I always like to see nice framed posters!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

wamsankas

there we go looks like it works now

headhunter

VERY nice!!!   gotta make you smile each end every time you look at them.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

johnnYYac

Quote from: wamsankas on Jan 19, 2011, 06:12 PM

I've debated matting posters with the ticket.  I recently got a ticket album from an ad in the back of Rolling Stone (always an interesting place to find weird products).  Not bad for $10 and I've already filled it.

Still, I do like the look.  Nice job!  Are the tickets in front of the matte, or are they framed by it? 

Bold move using a white matte on that It Still Moves poster.  I dig it.  And it makes me wish, more than before (if that's possible) that I was at T5 #3. :'(

Here are the few I have framed.  Still waiting to frame a few new Burwells (Portland 04, 05, and 08).

A real treat, this newsprint edition of Burwell's NYE poster.

An autographed EU promo poster I got off eBay for $11.

Monsters of Folk, Boston, November 3, 2009.  My Mom's 65th birthday present. Er, the show, that is.  The poster's mine.

This one, signed by the boys in person the morning after in our hotel.

headhunter

Very nice Johnny.  Just seeing the autographed ones again brings a smile to my face.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

wamsankas

thanks guys, yeah i just wanted to keep the mat's all the same color... classic black frame with white. i cut a window out for the ticket as well so its framed by the matte

johnnYYac

Quote from: wamsankas on Jan 21, 2011, 11:59 AM
thanks guys, yeah i just wanted to keep the mat's all the same color... classic black frame with white. i cut a window out for the ticket as well so its framed by the matte
Well done, sir.