FANTASY FOOTBALL 2012

Started by pawpaw, Sep 05, 2012, 01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon T.

Quote from: exist10z on Sep 11, 2012, 11:54 AM
Oh, I wasn't aware of the protocol! 

Since I am dropping half my team and picking up new players, the new and improved Rock Rollers will be rolling over the MoFos this week for sure. :thumbsup:

Shah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt.

capt. scotty

Nice job by Yahoo proclaiming Ruckus' team as the best draft!!!

:grin: :grin: :grin:
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Hawkeye

League projections...playoffs baby!   :grin:
1       Fear Boners   10-3-0   0.769   1890.33   1684.99
2       Clarkwork Killers   10-3-0   0.769   1800.97   1714.25
3       Kotite's Dream Team   9-4-0   0.692   1737.36   1703.89
4       JerrysTickleMonStars   7-6-0   0.538   1784.21   1670.26
5       Rock Rollers   7-6-0   0.538   1776.44   1767.58
6       Hawkeye   7-6-0   0.538   1715.56   1762.86
7       bbill   7-6-0   0.538   1711.82   1698.09
8       aMD   7-6-0   0.538   1680.98   1691.00
9       Bad Motherfuckers   6-7-0   0.462   1700.79   1696.90
10       The Black Unicorn   4-9-0   0.308   1575.28   1707.08
11       Deadheads   3-10-0   0.231   1692.18   1729.04
12       Yim's Pickle   1-12-0   0.077   1515.11   1755.09
We could.

exist10z

Hmmm. I wonder if those projections were before my brilliant additions.  I think Randall Cunningham is gonna be much better than Wilson was last week, I was happy to get him off the waiver wire...
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

Clarkwork

I like those projections. But I got the boners this weekend. Hoping the boner goes soft!
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

mind at large

those projections are a farce...it is more likely that sandusky was innocent than JerrysTickleMonstars goin 6-5 the next 11 games.   

exist10z

I didn't know anything about IDP leagues going into this, but I do know how to read a weekly rankings list.  How is it that a guy, J.Allen, can be listed in the top 3 at DE each week, and yet give me zero points 2 out of three weeks?  Not even an assisted tackle?  I realize his forte is sacks, and if he doesn't get them he won't be great, but not even a tackle?  Jeez...
Sisyphus - Just rollin' that rock up the hill, and hoping it doesn't crush me on the way back down..

exist10z

Quote from: exist10z on Sep 23, 2012, 04:20 PM
I didn't know anything about IDP leagues going into this, but I do know how to read a weekly rankings list.  How is it that a guy, J.Allen, can be listed in the top 3 at DE each week, and yet give me zero points 2 out of three weeks?  Not even an assisted tackle?  I realize his forte is sacks, and if he doesn't get them he won't be great, but not even a tackle?  Jeez...

My bad, appearently he picked up 3 points in the last few minutes.  Spectacular! :undecided:

Clarkwork

I had Allen last year and he was a beast for me
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Penny Lane

Scotty--did you get my money?

bbill---so close!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

pawpaw

Quote from: Penny Lane on Oct 01, 2012, 11:44 PM
Scotty--did you get my money?

bbill---so close!

Cap, I'll paypal my money tonight!

Penny, that was a close'n! How's it going, btw?  :smiley:

I have no idea how I'm 4-0. Well, actually I do: luck.  :grin:
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

capt. scotty

Just posted this on yahoo, but I did get the money from Penny, Hawkeye, and.... BBill's wife  :grin:

Hawkeye and Penny's are charging a $1.03 on my end though, but that just means slightly less on the payouts I guess

Still need payment from aMD and JerryTickleMonsters/Mind At Large. Dont know if you saw my post over there, but please pay ASAP. I will lock your team starting after Week 7 if you dont, ie you get 0 points and an auto loss. This shouldnt be this difficult!!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

pawpaw

Quote from: capt. scotty on Oct 09, 2012, 05:55 PM
Just posted this on yahoo, but I did get the money from Penny, Hawkeye, and.... BBill's wife  :grin:

Dude, what can I say, my wife is awesome.  :cool:

capt. scotty

Quote from: bbill on Oct 09, 2012, 06:00 PM

Dude, what can I say, my wife is awesome.  :cool:

Id certainly have to agree!

exist10z

Maybe if someone gets locked out and takes a zero, I'll actually get a win!

Not that I'm bitching (yes, I am), but my team has been favored to win each of the first five weeks, and has underperformed expectations each week.  Obviously I am aware that the projections made at yahoo, or any other fantasy site for that matter, are worthless, but you'd think I might have pulled out one of the games.

A dash of bad luck, a truckload of underperforming players, and the ire of the fantasy gods, does not a prospective mix make.

Hawkeye

Sometimes I think it's nearly all luck dude.  I could easily be 4-1 right now.  First week I got my arse kicked by Scotty.  Next 2 weeks I lost by a combined 3 points (approximately)...now, suddenly my team is on fire.  I could have scored over 230 points in week 4  :shocked:

Hey, I tried to trade you for BJGE or Sproles or one of your under-performing running backs a few weeks back!  :tongue:
We could.

capt. scotty

Still need payment from aMD and JerryTickleMonsters/Mind At Large. Dont know if you saw my post over there, but please pay ASAP. I will lock your team starting after Week 7 if you dont, ie you get 0 points and an auto loss. This shouldnt be this difficult!!

Im am just going to re-iterate this again.

I made my first post about this on the yahoo league site Sept. 28th and said I would lock teams "in a couple weeks". I made it more clear last week that I will lock teams after week 7. While I dont want to do this as it creates an unfair advantage on a given week, you dont deserve to be playing at that point if you havent paid. We're halfway thru the season already when it comes to fantasy, you 2 should have paid by now as everyone else has in the league.

Id appreciate it if other people in the league agree with me on this stance. Ive been in leagues where this has been done, myself as a non-payer, and its the only way to really give those people a kick in the ass to pay up. I think Ive been more than fair so far with my warnings.

Jon T.

Quote from: capt. scotty on Oct 15, 2012, 11:10 AM

Im am just going to re-iterate this again.

I made my first post about this on the yahoo league site Sept. 28th and said I would lock teams "in a couple weeks". I made it more clear last week that I will lock teams after week 7. While I dont want to do this as it creates an unfair advantage on a given week, you dont deserve to be playing at that point if you havent paid. We're halfway thru the season already when it comes to fantasy, you 2 should have paid by now as everyone else has in the league.

Id appreciate it if other people in the league agree with me on this stance. Ive been in leagues where this has been done, myself as a non-payer, and its the only way to really give those people a kick in the ass to pay up. I think Ive been more than fair so far with my warnings.
i don't want to see anyone get locked out, but rules are rules. This is not 'Nam.  Can we at least get some communiacation from those that haven't paid (I'm working on it, I'll get you next week, etc...)
Didn't we have someone that refused to pay up front last year? 

exist10z

Not that I should care, since at 0-6 I am not going to be winning anyway, but that seems reasonable.

Couldn't even beat a team that didn't field a full line-up this week, now that's bad!  Oh well, I'll play out the string and keep trying to make my team better, just for the integrity of the league, but that same integrity means getting your funds in on time.

pawpaw