GroundCtrl Forum

Started by CC, Sep 05, 2012, 02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC

FYI,

the GroundCtrl forum at http://www.mymorningjacket.com/forum will disappear on friday.
so if you wanna save something do it today / tomorrow.

as mentioned, the Roll Call and Spontaneous Curation boards will move the Roll Call tab in the menu.

pawpaw

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Murph

I realized that my Roll Call membership expired yesterday.  I went to renew it, but would love to not pay the extra $12 for shipping and handling for a tshirt that I already own.  Anyway around that CC??

Fully

I noticed that the "Ground Control Blows" thread has been scrubbed from the roll call site. :grin: or maybe it's just not showing up.

bluesky

does anyone know how to contact ground control? I'm sure it's been posted somewhere but my search only brought me to this thread. I am moving back east end of the month and am concerned that my roll call stuff will get lost in the move. just updated mailing address on this site but want to make doubly sure they know the deal

johnnYYac

Quote from: bluesky on May 19, 2013, 12:30 PM
does anyone know how to contact ground control? I'm sure it's been posted somewhere but my search only brought me to this thread. I am moving back east end of the month and am concerned that my roll call stuff will get lost in the move. just updated mailing address on this site but want to make doubly sure they know the deal
Hey, Val gal!  I'm reminded of a song...

The Monkees - "Valleri"

http://support.groundctrl.com/

7 AM to 6 PM PST Monday - Friday
(877) GND-CTRL

... and watch the mail.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

bluesky

thanks John! always the added thoughtfulness from you!  :kiss:

bluesky

still think ground control sucks! don't even want to explain the run around i've been getting about my membership

Hawkeye

I really have no sense of how "big" or "small" of an operation GrountCtrl is...I saw they had some reps at Nelsonville Music Festival.  I almost went over to chat, but didn't think anything productive would come of it.
We could.

SaraBananaBear

Rarely go on the main site now that we got this lovely forum back, but was looking for info on past tour dates and it seems the banner is back to a glorious size and blocking most of the info I'm trying to read. I guess someone somewhere finds this pretty, because it sure isn't practical or functional. Just the fact that the banner means I have to scroll down to be able to view the drop down menu... I complained in the roll call forum, but not sure if anyone reads it. :cry:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

johnnYYac

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Jul 25, 2013, 11:06 AM
Rarely go on the main site now that we got this lovely forum back, but was looking for info on past tour dates and it seems the banner is back to a glorious size and blocking most of the info I'm trying to read. I guess someone somewhere finds this pretty, because it sure isn't practical or functional. Just the fact that the banner means I have to scroll down to be able to view the drop down menu... I complained in the roll call forum, but not sure if anyone reads it. :cry:
Hey Sara.  I spoke to the powers that be at ground(ctrl) a few weeks ago, as the size of this social media scroll is absurd.  I was told it was a design change out of their control.  I also haven't heard back from management on another matter.  I fear the newest management team is less interested in our opinions, or perhaps just mine.  :wink:

Crispy

Grndctrl's lack of attention to detail is beyond the pale. They need to be fucking fired.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

tdb810

Quote from: Crispy on Jul 25, 2013, 11:26 AM
Grndctrl's lack of attention to detail is beyond the pale. They need to be fucking fired.
ya don't say?
.....Back at the Model Home

Crispy

Quote from: tdb810 on Jul 25, 2013, 11:39 AM
ya don't say?
Too harsh?  :wink:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

e_wind

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 25, 2013, 11:22 AM
Hey Sara.  I spoke to the powers that be at ground(ctrl) a few weeks ago, as the size of this social media scroll is absurd.  I was told it was a design change out of their control.  I also haven't heard back from management on another matter.  I fear the newest management team is less interested in our opinions, or perhaps just mine.  :wink:

Wait? The company that powers their website can't control the size of a banner... On their website? I think you got the ol runaround
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

johnnYYac

Quote from: e_wind on Jul 25, 2013, 11:42 AM
Wait? The company that powers their website can't control the size of a banner... On their website? I think you got the ol runaround
No, no, no.  They say the expansion of the banner's real estate was a management decision, not a design change by ground(ctrl).  Anyone with eyes can see it doesn't work, never did.  BAN the BANNER!!!

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jul 25, 2013, 11:45 AM
Quote from: e_wind on Jul 25, 2013, 11:42 AM
No, no, no.  They say the expansion of the banner's real estate was a management decision, not a design change by ground(ctrl).  Anyone with eyes can see it doesn't work, never did.  BAN the BANNER!!!

You mean MMJ management decided this?

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: Crispy on Jul 25, 2013, 11:42 AM
ya don't say?

Count me in on Team What Crispy Said.

Crispy

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Jul 25, 2013, 12:19 PM
ya don't say?

:grin:

To be fair, if one reduces the zoom size of the main page to 75% so that the article text is unreadable, the social media section shrinks enough so that all of the big scrolling image and part of the first headline can be seen. Solution!

Just absolutely awful design and execution. At 100% zoom, there are 50 pixels of totally unused space in that social section.

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: Crispy on Jul 25, 2013, 12:30 PM
Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Jul 25, 2013, 12:19 PM
ya don't say?

:grin:

To be fair, if one reduces the zoom size of the main page to 75% so that the article text is unreadable, the social media section shrinks enough so that all of the big scrolling image and part of the first headline can be seen. Solution!

Just absolutely awful design and execution. At 100% zoom, there are 50 pixels of totally unused space in that social section.

True! And you never know when you're gonna need those 50 pixels of unused space. Like when Jim fell off the stage, had he had a space in front of him the size of that banner, it never would have happened.