Main Menu

Bob Mould is back

Started by Tracy 2112, Sep 05, 2012, 03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 2112

last night on Letterman, sounding very much like Sugar days

Bob Mould - The Descent - David Letterman 9-4-12
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

CC

excellent

saw him last month, LOUD and FANTASTIC.

this is what he played:

The Act We Act
A Good Idea
Changes
Helpless
Hoover Dam
The Slim
If I Can't Change Your Mind
Fortune Teller
Slick
Man On The Moon
Star Machine
The Descent
Round The City Square
Hardly Getting Over It
Could You Be The One?
I Apologize
Chartered Trips
Celebrated Summer
-----
New Day Rising
Makes No Sense At All

MrWhippy

I listened to Silver Age today for the first time and was very impressed.  Sounded like classic Mould. 

Going to see him this weekend at the 9:30 club in DC peforming Copper Blue and Silver Age.    Very excited about the show after hearing the new record.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

tdb810

Wow, so he plays all of Copper Blue? And then the new album. That sounds amazing! Have fun Whippy! Glad to hear he is still bringin it!
.....Back at the Model Home

CC

yeah and some Husker Du, which sounded great!

http://youtu.be/J1sYN0PuRs4

iLikeBeer

Nice!  Bob's sounding great!  Wish he was playing a show closer to me?!

This has always been one of my favorite songs:

Husker Du- No Promise Have I Made

Tracy 2112

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Sep 06, 2012, 10:36 AM
Nice!  Bob's sounding great!  Wish he was playing a show closer to me?!

This has always been one of my favorite songs:

Husker Du- No Promise Have I Made

Man, of all the music I own that Candy Apple Grey has got to have the least bass. The production of that is a little mind boggling.
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

bowl of soup

I always loved Candy Apple. This was their major label debut! Can you imagine the suits at the label when they heard that album? "But, but, but, you guys seem so miserable. Is this music to kill yourself to?"
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

johnnYYac

from a Bob Mould email

Austin City Limits Live at the Moody Theater with Bob Mould

"Playing with an intensity that made it appear as if the music might combust, the trio walked a tightrope between melody and distortion, keeping between-song pauses to a minimum and adhering to an economy of scale. Mould's voice often boiled with rage and frustration ..." - Chicago Tribune

"[Bob] and his ace band (Superchunk's Jon Wurster on drums, Telekenisis' Jason Narducy on bass) ripped through [Copper Blue's] ten songs like George Bush Sr. was still in office." - Brooklyn Vegan

"Playing [Silver Age] material sandwiched between Copper Blue and a handful of Hüsker Dü songs proved that at 51, Mould's at the top of his game." - Consequence of Sound

Following a blistering run of shows this fall, Bob and his band will be heading to Austin to tape an episode of Austin City Limits! The career-spanning performance will take place on Thursday, November 1, at The Moody Theater (310 W. 2nd Street, Willie Nelson Blvd).  A limited number of free passes will be available to this taping. Keep an eye on acltv.com/upcoming-tapings for when and how tickets to the taping will be distributed and stay tuned for information on when this episode will air.

TOUR DATES:

October 28, 2012 - Los Angeles, CA @ Akbar
DJ BOB MOULD

October 30, 2012 - Los Angeles @ El Rey Theatre
Silver Age/Copper Blue show

November 1, 2012 - Austin, TX @ Moody Theater
ACL Live at the Moody Theater

November 2, 2012 - Austin, TX @ Fun Fun Fun Fest
Bob Mould Plays Copper Blue

Bob on Conan

Bob and his band are scheduled to perform on Conan on Monday, October 29! Tune in then to TBS at 11:00 pm/10:00 pm (Central). For more information, visit www.teamcoco.com
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

iLikeBeer

Good stuff Johnny!  Thanks!  :beer:

Mr. White

(1/26/2013) Bob Mould will be on Austin City Limits tonight (first half of the show, second half is Delta Spirit).
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011