First Concert Ever Attended

Started by mind at large, Sep 06, 2012, 02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tippitoes22

I talked my Dad into taking me to see INXS open up for Adam Ant, on the Goody Two shoes tour.

(God Damn that man Loves me! My father that is. I'm unaware of any feelings, good or bad, that Adam Ant has for me )

P.S. I was in fifth grade

P.P.S.- Antmusic is still a great record

:thumbsup:
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

johnnYYac

Quote from: tippitoes22 on Feb 16, 2015, 02:12 AM
I talked my Dad into taking me to see INXS open up for Adam Ant, on the Goody Two shoes tour.

(God Damn that man Loves me! My father that is. I'm unaware of any feelings, good or bad, that Adam Ant has for me )

P.S. I was in fifth grade

P.P.S.- Antmusic is still a great record

:thumbsup:
Love me some Adam Ant!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

pjthom30

Tool. Back in 97' in kalamazoo as a Junior in High School.  First time that I smoked weed. Melvins opened.  Maynard was painted blue with colored dots on his body. In the right light his body would glow. 

CountSA

The Black Crowes
Dirty Dozen Brass Band
March 1995 at the Orpheum in Boston

sillyboob

Depeche Mode
OMD
Thomas Dolby
Wire

The Pasadena Rose Bowl
June 15, 1988

Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Angelo

Kriss Kross. Harvey's Lake Amphitheater 1992 with my mother and others. I was 12. And for as corny as that sounds, it was one of my first encounters with hip hop and it led me to seek out the authentic stuff with a passion.

My first concert without adult supervision was Roger Waters at Montage Mountain in 1999.

TheBigChicken

The Robert Cray Band w/Little Feat...1988 Fox Theatre Atlanta. Balcony seats. Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark Tour :cheesy: :cheesy:....Damn, if I were only 16 again :undecided:
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Cameron

WickedMessenger

AC/DC at the San Diego Sports Arena, 7 June 1991. Razor's Edge Tour.

Still probably the loudest concert I have ever heard, thanks in part to the crappy echoes of the Sports Arena.  Remember feeling the loose parts of my jeans shaking back and forth to the drums.  God it was fun though. Lots of rockers dressing the part, torn jeans, tight mini skirts, high heels.

ElHombreLobo

October 15, 1988, Louisville Gardens for...

New Edition, Al B. Sure,  and Bobby Brown

Huh?

Anyway, years later I took my oldest son, at nearly the same age to his first show. On the rail at White River State Park in Indy for MMJ.  He wins.

spence

The Toasters, Masquerade, Atlanta, I think it would have been 1992.  I went through a ska phase in my early teenage years.

pattilovesmmj

I'm dating myself...

John Denver 1973 at the Universal amitheatre in California with my guitar teacher.  I was 13 so I had to get permission from my parents to go.
Opening band:  Starland Vocal Band with their one hit wonder:  Afternoon Delight

SouthernBelle

It's funny how your lights are off but your music's on.

walterfredo

Quote from: walterfredo on Sep 11, 2012, 12:15 PM
Phil Collins, Shoreline Amphitheater, Mountain View, CA September, 1990.

Also in 1990, and not sure which came first... Milli Vanilli and Young MC at the Selland Arena in Fresno. I'm glad I'm finally at the point in my life when I can openly admit this. Only took 25 years to build up the courage.

werduga

Great thread to read! Mine was Soundgarden Superunknown tour 1994(I think) at the Fox Atlanta with my cool older cousin. I was 12 it and was the first time I saw and smelled the greenery...